Rams possible draft strategy

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Since its safe too say that Quick & Givens will be the main threats on the outside. Pead to get a good chuck of snaps. Youth movement in full effect. Entering the draft I would not be surprised if they go Kenny Vaccaro at 16.. We need a FS that can help w/ match ups vs. the run read options QB. Fisher mentioned that in one of his clips saying we play 5 teams that run thst offense this season. That and add a DT at 22.
Our defense would become a top 10 defense and force a lot of three an outs to give Sammy and the young guns more Possessions.
At 46 there will be a few good options to add a good WR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I wouldn't like the DT pick (unless it's something crazy like Sharriff Floyd that's a no brainer)...if they go all D I'd rather see an OLB.

It's unlikely they go saftey and DT early anyway.

PressureD41

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just IMHO they could rotate 3 DT & 3DE all game long w/ Kenny added to our Secondary. Elite defense while are offense grows together this season. Add WRs in Rd 2&4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F. Mulder

Starter
I just have a mixed view on Vaccaro. Obviously if they have him as their top Safety then grab him but do so at least at 22. I still think this is a really deep Safety draft.

In no order:

Vaccaro
Cyprien
Reid
Rambo
P. Thomas
Elam
Sweringer
and a few other I'm drawing a blank on (sorry about the spellings BTW).

Some of them are box Safeties and some Free Safeties but I can't help but think there are several who could really help even into the late 2nd/early 3rd round.

Like I said, if KV is the guy then let's do it. I just think this is a deep/bunched Safety class and some other positions aren't so deep.

PressureD41

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Hey Fred what's your Preferences in Rd 1 & 2.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I get the feeling it'll be BPA except no DE or CB ,every other position could be upgraded so take the best upgrade. We as fans see weaknesses and want bodies to fill, they as coaches want the best athletes and figure they will MORE than fill needs they build an elite team.

Tavon Austin is a special tallent,if he's there IMO we take him and IMO they pretty well stick with their board if the see enough guys drop and they see a chance to trade down and still get high value (according to their board) they will.
We are still rebuilding a tallent poor team ,neither of our backs is a feature back, we could use a dominant guard or lb or safety or wr I think it's BPA just do.

F. Mulder

Starter
PressureD41 said:

Are you asking me (I'm not Fred)?

If so, I'd go Austin/Patterson Cooper/Warmack if either combination is available at 16-22. Second round I'd go Safety or OLB (whichever is their highest ranked player). I think you come out of the first 3 picks (assuming no trade down (which I'd love to do out of 22 BTW) with some combination of WR/OL/Defense(Safety/OLB)

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Here's the problem there, we only have 3 WRs on the roster right now. I think that's quite the issue, we need weapons for Sam.

PressureD41

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
F. Mulder said:
PressureD41 said:

Are you asking me (I'm not Fred)?

If so, I'd go Austin/Patterson Cooper/Warmack if either combination is available at 16-22. Second round I'd go Safety or OLB (whichever is their highest ranked player). I think you come out of the first 3 picks (assuming no trade down (which I'd love to do out of 22 BTW) with some combination of WR/OL/Defense(Safety/OLB)

Sorry Jeff my bad, wasnt thinking straight :oops: :oops: :oops: :boing: :boing: :boing:

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
HE WITH HORNS said:
Here's the problem there, we only have 3 WRs on the roster right now. I think that's quite the issue, we need weapons for Sam.
Exactly. The Rams will be drafting at least two WR because we only have 2 on the roster. The team may try to get by with five WR, but they'll likely want six and they'll have to get that sixth one from somewhere...maybe FA.

Do we have any WR on our practice squad?

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
F. Mulder said:
I just have a mixed view on Vaccaro. Obviously if they have him as their top Safety then grab him but do so at least at 22. I still think this is a really deep Safety draft.

In no order:

Vaccaro
Cyprien
Reid
Rambo
P. Thomas
Elam
Sweringer
and a few other I'm drawing a blank on (sorry about the spellings BTW).

Some of them are box Safeties and some Free Safeties but I can't help but think there are several who could really help even into the late 2nd/early 3rd round.

Like I said, if KV is the guy then let's do it. I just think this is a deep/bunched Safety class and some other positions aren't so deep.
You and i are on the same page here.
1) I'm not enamored with taking a safety in the 1st rd.
2) I'd LOVE to trade out of #22 and grab an extra 2nd and 3rd or future 1st.

I'd also like to add that IMO Snead/Fisher are stoned if they pass on either Austin or Patterson in the 1st rd.
Help is desperately needed at WR....and taking the best OLineman available is also the way to go. Sometimes the obvious choices are the best choices. I get annoyed when GM's try to get "cute" on draft day.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
brokeu91 said:
HE WITH HORNS said:
Exactly. The Rams will be drafting at least two WR because we only have 2 on the roster. The team may try to get by with five WR, but they'll likely want six and they'll have to get that sixth one from somewhere...maybe FA.

Do we have any WR on our practice squad?

Nick Johnson, Raymond Radway (sleeper imo), and I think somebody named Washington. I'll check.
edit - No washington.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Thordaddy said:
I get the feeling it'll be BPA except no DE or CB ,every other position could be upgraded so take the best upgrade. We as fans see weaknesses and want bodies to fill, they as coaches want the best athletes and figure they will MORE than fill needs they build an elite team.

Tavon Austin is a special tallent,if he's there IMO we take him and IMO they pretty well stick with their board if the see enough guys drop and they see a chance to trade down and still get high value (according to their board) they will.
We are still rebuilding a tallent poor team ,neither of our backs is a feature back, we could use a dominant guard or lb or safety or wr I think it's BPA just do.

They will take a CB this draft. There really is only 3 CBs on the team (4 if you count Quinton Pointer...I don't). Plus w/ Tru's recent DUI I there's a chance CB is suddenly a higher priority (maybe round 3).