Rams Players Injury updates for NFC Championship Game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
I apologize if this was already posted.

Rams and 49ers players projected health status (2) days prior to Sunday's NFC Championship Game.

1643420869474.png

RAMS
OT Joe Noteboom DNP listed as doubtful. (Slightly torn pec)

WR Van Jefferson limited, listed as questionable. (Knee)

S Taylor Rapp listed as questionable. (Concussion)

RB Cam Akers DNP. Not on the listed report for an injury (Rest)

49ers
OT Trent Williams DNP listed as questionable. (Ankle)

RB Jeffery Wilson DNP listed as questionable. (Ankle)

It appears that both teams will be close to full strength at kickoff.

blob

Attachments

• 1643420691616.png
    1643420691616.png
    92.5 KB · Views: 48

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Damn. No Noteboom. What if Whit tweaks his knee/ankle? We're doomed if that happens.
I'd rather be "noteboomed" than "doomed."

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I sure would feel better if Noteboom could go. We could keep him and Whit semi fresh throughout the game plus go with 6 and 7 OL sets from time to time.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
If Trent Williams isn't 100%, that could be MASSIVE for us on D.

This looks to be a slobberknocker, but I really feel like we're gonna win this one convincingly.

It's the Super Bowl against... the Bengals that's gonna be a heart attack game... that we win.

I woulda been right about Buffalo, but there was some henky divine intervention in that 13 seconds that wasn't there before.

Either way, I think this team is sick and tired of being pushed around and I think they're gonna leave it all out on that field.

And no, I don't think they will let up. If McVay starts to call a conservative game, I think he'll have a mini-mutiny on the sidelines, so you can expect the game to be played at full tilt from beginning to end.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Alaric Jackson did have a good showing @ LT when he started due to an injury to Brian Allen & David Edwards moved back to LG & Coleman Shelton came off the bench to start @ center .

No way of knowing but if Joseph Noteboom, who has been unable to practice since last week & with Andrew Whitworth still gimpy & down the past 2 weeks ago means some Ram reserve OT has been getting a ton of practice reps @ the LT post for a long period of time .....just do not know which OL'er it was??:thinking::bueller:

Last edited:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Hope Cam is good to go, he had a lot of carries against TB.
On the flip side to that .....we know which Ram RB had a great amount of rest the last two weeks too. Sony Michel had 13 carries against the Cards & last week he had one carry.........this former SB champion RB should have a fresh set of legs to explode this Sunday.

Was this the plan McVay? ......with RB Darrell Henderson still doing what he has done the last four seasons as a Ram .......unable to remain healthy to play & earn his paycheck.

The biggest back ....RB Buddy Howell's hammy looks to be healed & he is ready to go.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
On the flip side to that .....we know which Ram RB had a great amount of rest the last two weeks too. Sony Michel had 13 carries against the Cards & last week he had one carry.........this former SB champion RB should have a fresh set of legs to explode this Sunday.

Was this the plan McVay? ......with RB Darrell Henderson still doing what he has done the last four seasons as a Ram .......unable to remain healthy to play & earn his paycheck.

The biggest back ....RB Buddy Howell's hammy looks to be healed & he is ready to go.
It wasn't a plan, but it could turn into one. McVay probably overused Akers last week. Now he's sat out of practice all week. Could be time for some Sony too.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life

It might turn out that we need to use Sony more because Akers is too sore from last week. Still need Akers for the plays out to the flat because Sony hasn't done much in the passing game. If we need to use Howell, we are in big trouble.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Noteboom likely being out is huge as Whitworth is already gimpy. If Big Whit goes down, being down to LT #3 worries me. Alaric Jackson has looked good in his few showings but I don't want to test him against the 49ers stout d-line, in the playoffs, as a 23 year old rookie. The 49ers in all likelihood will be down Trent Williams though. And if he does play I can't seem him being effective as he needed crutches to leave the game last week. Even if drugs numb the pain his mobility and strength should be severely hampered. So it's not like the 49ers aren't injured on their side of the field. I still suspect he does not play and it is all a smoke screen as apparently he has a high ankle spain that has been chronic, no less.

I am sure Jefferson goes. If not, it's a real loss, but as other have said, in a slug-fest like this, players like Benny Skow are better positioned to take his snaps than they might otherwise be.

I am at the point where I don't mind if Rapp dresses or not. His replacements have been far superior. You obviously want everyone healthy for depth purposes but my fear is Morris will go right back to giving Rapp significant snaps while lining him up in ways that don't play to his strengths. He's a liability at that point.

All in all, the if the Rams can advance and avoid further injuries, we should be in as good position as you could hope for in a Super Bowl. Losing Woods is huge. But every team is missing someone by now.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Alaric Jackson did have a good showing @ LT when he started due to an injury to Brian Allen & David Edwards moved back to LG & Coleman Shelton came off the bench to start @ center .

No way of knowing but if Joseph Noteboom, who has been unable to practice since last week & with Andrew Whitworth still gimpy & down the past 2 weeks ago means some Ram reserve OT has been getting a ton of practice reps @ the LT post for a long period of time .....just do not know which OL'er it was??:thinking::bueller:

I'm not really worried at the moment, although I'd guess that in the event that Noteboom can't suit up Alaric Jackson would get first nod at LT if something happens to Whit.
Chandler Brewer was the #3 back-up LT behind Whitworth & Noteboom for a couple years prior to A.J. arriving, but he's currently on the practice squad and hasn't been activated to the regular roster, so the Rams don't appear too worked up over it just yet.

Last edited:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I'm not really worried at the moment, although I'd guess that in the event that Noteboom can't suit up Alaric Jackson would get first nod at LT if something happens to Whit.
Chandler Brewer was the #3 back-up LT behind Whitworth & Noteboom for a couple years prior to A.J. arriving, but he's currently on the practice squad and hasn't been activated to the regular roster, so the Rams don't appear too worked up over it just yet.
As a very long-time supporter of LT Joseph Noteboom...:startstruck:

IF AW was unable to be effective once again post knee& Ankle injury now past 40...Noteboom being injured again could be a serious problem for Noteboom's future as a Ram IF rookie UDFA OL'er Alaric Jackson does end up getting a ton of snaps & continues to impress as before @ LT.

As all of us old guys know timing can end up being crucial......

Recent history a year ago we should all recall that AW did not play well when he returned from a knee injury last season in the Packer's game. Let's all hope histroy does not repeat itself.:hope: