RAMS-Packers Post Game Rant

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
As always, let's get it out today and move forward towards next Sunday in London.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I got nothin'.

I think we all knew going in, that we had to play a near perfect game in order to beat the Packers. We didn't, and they took advantage. Pretty sure everyone had this as a "L" before the season began, so it really shouldn't come as a surprise.

I was encouraged by the fact that they were in this game going into the 4th quarter.

Sam looks a little better every week with how he maneuvers around in the pocket, and Givens is shaping up to be a legit threat in his rookie year. Nice to see Quick out there too, and he seems pretty tough to bring down. Other than that, our running game looks good and this makeshift O-line is being coached really well.

Is what it is. Let's just get ready for London.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Sad they lost, but not gonna be deprssed or angry. I'm pissed at all the fuckin PD posters thinkin this is now a 0-7 type team. They don't realize how competitve this game really was.

But fuck that. If that what makes them happy in their sad little world, fine. W/e.

Bring on NE.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I think most of us went into the season knowing that it would be a process to get where we want to be. I maintain that we are ahead of schedule, most people didn't expect us to be in any games, some even predicted we would be 0-16. We're shaping up to be one of the better defenses, and our offense is growing. Injuries and experience at key positions is killing us at this point, but there's not much we can do other than hope guys can come back soon.

There's work to be done of course, but the team is on the right track and the arrow is pointing way up.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I don't have any major issues. The Packers made a really good halftime adjustment, stayed patient, and took what we gave them, the underneath routes, because of our big cushions. Which essentially took away our pass rush. Our corners were outmatched this week. J. Jenkins has really had some issues the last few weeks. Could be partially the injury, but he's obviously making some mental mistakes too. Our replacement lineman played pretty darn good, and that is real promising when we get everyone back. Our defensive lineman had a solid game when they were not being egregiously held, and Brockers had a coming out party.

I was a little disappointed with Givens on the INT, I mean he has to make a better effort than that when the ball is in the air that long, and Sam had to get rid of it. That being said, he made a great play on the flea flicker went bad...so that's the ups and downs of a talented rookie receiver. The big thing missing on this team is a go to guy on a 3rd and short. A guy that we know will fight and come down with the ball most of the time. Until Quick or Pettis develops, we don't have him on our roster yet.

We came back and scored a couple of TD's. That was nice to see, and maybe the lid is off the end zone now.

I definitely think the Pack, as expected, benefited from a couple calls and more than few no calls. I'm not sure if the trip on Pettis was intentional, but that would have been a TD.

Good game by us though. I mean, if our defense could have covered a little better, we may have pulled off a huge upset on a very good team. I see improvement in a lot of areas. Proud of our boys.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Glad to see we FINISHED a long drive BY RUNNING the ball, it's been pretty disconcerting to me that we've turned to the pass so often when the field gets compressed in the red zone.
JMO if we'd done that in first half TAKEN the FG when we went on 4th we could have made this tighter, However we WERE playing the best passing offense in the league and weren't allowed to hold their recs. 15 yards down the field like the replacement refs did for the Seahags.
Also the d-line coach needs to tell our guys if you jump offsides keep going at the QB so they call unabated and don't get a free play,give em the 5 and NOT the big free one with you headed backwards (Re Chris Long.
Those are my observations, I think we have the talent to have won that one IF they hadn't played well, but IMO they DID so no problem, woulda shoulda coulda, we were supposed to lose that one ,need to steal next week,which IMO we can and IF you had your pick I bet you'd want the next one OVER this one.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
DR RAM said:
The big thing missing on this team is a go to guy on a 3rd and short. A guy that we know will fight and come down with the ball most of the time. Until Quick or Pettis develops, we don't have him on our roster yet.
Is DA the answer here? And, do we win at least one of the last two games if DA was in?

superfan24

Starter
X said:
I got nothin'.

I think we all knew going in, that we had to play a near perfect game in order to beat the Packers. We didn't, and they took advantage. Pretty sure everyone had this as a "L" before the season began, so it really shouldn't come as a surprise.

I was encouraged by the fact that they were in this game going into the 4th quarter.

Sam looks a little better every week with how he maneuvers around in the pocket, and Givens is shaping up to be a legit threat in his rookie year. Nice to see Quick out there too, and he seems pretty tough to bring down. Other than that, our running game looks good and this makeshift O-line is being coached really well.

Agreed X, just wanna see SJ get the ball more in the RZ. only problem today.
Better get psyched to kick the shit outta brady next week

rickrawk

Starter
Name
Rick
superfan24 said:
X said:
I got nothin'.

Agreed X, just wanna see SJ get the ball more in the RZ. only problem today.
Better get psyched to kick the shit outta brady next week
Straight like that!! I just got one thing to add;
FUCK SHIT DAMN... Okay I'm good.
Let's go kick some Patriot ass!

GO RAMS!!!!

FUCK SHIT DAMN.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
It's all been said already except for I'd like to see Bradford avoid any more delay of game penalties. Jenkins has the ability to make up for his rookie mistakes so he needs to start doing that consistently. Proud of this team's effort though. It's nice to get pumped up for games again with a chance to win every time. This team could just as easily be 5-2 so no heads should be hanging.

One thing I am disappointed about is how fans that could go to this game don't buy tickets and let so many Packer fans invade the place. What the hell?

Let's go get a big win in London and be 4-4 at mid-season. Anything could happen then. Come back state-side and put a pop-knot on SF's head and we are no worse than a game out with six to go. I can believe that is possible!!!!

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
like everyone, I wasn't expecting a 'W' next to this one - my heart was, but my head wasn't after all we were 2-14 and GB were almost perfect so to be in this game in our developmental year is a phenomenal feat - awesome to see us pick up our game for the 4th quarter - it proves one thing to me, something that analysts have been implying that Sam's low on confidence, that he plays with his shoulders and head down - no way! I'll say it again, we're a win game away from being an awesome team - we need a win against one of the big guys to get the ball rolling.

Well done guys - we lost by 21 points last year and couldn't get in the endzone (scoring only 3). This year it's a 10 point loss (scoring 20) but 2 TD's in the 4th is something to look at as a huge positive. and a huge step in the right direction.

Positives - 4th quarter. SJax had a better run & found the endzone. Laurinatis tackle count. Givens is shaping up nicely as our Deep threat guy. Brockers looking like a round 1er!

Negatives - Didn't see much of Long/Quinn. 6 penalties :(