Rams open as favorite versus Eagles

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

James Otto

Starter
Vegas currently has the line at (-1) for the home team. I expect this to grow a bit before game time.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It opened at Rams +2 1/2 on my Vegas site . Probably changed after the Eagles laid an egg .

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This game could mean a lot for this year....or it could mean nothing.

After this game, the Rams have two games against division leaders - while the Eagles have 2 home games against average teams and a road game against the Giants. Given the way Philly has played against bad teams this year, they're probably winning those three games.

After thinking about this last night, I realized that if the Rams beat Philly and lose to Seattle....unless Seattle loses to Jacksonville....that win would be virtually meaningless. We would need to beat the Titans and Niners and hope that the Cowboys could defeat Seattle.

On the flip side, losing to Philly and then beating Seattle puts us firmly in control.

Obviously my preference is winning both, but while most people will talk about how huge this game is....IMO it's only huge for the Rams if we win out, because Philly almost certainly will.

socalrams90

Starter
This game could mean a lot for this year....or it could mean nothing.

After this game, the Rams have two games against division leaders - while the Eagles have 2 home games against average teams and a road game against the Giants. Given the way Philly has played against bad teams this year, they're probably winning those three games.

After thinking about this last night, I realized that if the Rams beat Philly and lose to Seattle....unless Seattle loses to Jacksonville....that win would be virtually meaningless. We would need to beat the Titans and Niners and hope that the Cowboys could defeat Seattle.

On the flip side, losing to Philly and then beating Seattle puts us firmly in control.

Obviously my preference is winning both, but while most people will talk about how huge this game is....IMO it's only huge for the Rams if we win out, because Philly almost certainly will.
Yup. Seattle game is still the main factor for us, no avoiding it.

I didn't want to start a thread on it but really we should all look at the big picture and realize a loss here isn't a big deal for our playoff chances. If we win this game and lose in Seattle we get relegated to a wild card seed. Seattle is the must win game unless they drop one somehow to Jags or Cowboys.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
We need to beat the Eagles. Hell, it'd be great to win out these last four games. But beating Seattle and San Fran are far more important to me. Plus I think that gives us the division. I dont see the Seahags winning out.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
IMG_1415.JPG

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We need to beat the Eagles. Hell, it'd be great to win out these last four games. But beating Seattle and San Fran are far more important to me. Plus I think that gives us the division. I dont see the Seahags winning out.
The Hawk game doesn't exist yet. Beat the team in front of you, which this week is the Philadelphia Eagles. 9 wins won't get you into the playoffs...10 wins may not do it either. We have to win at least two games of four that remain.
Eagles
Hawks
Titans
49ers

None are given, not even the Niners. Sure, winning the division is the next goal, but the playoffs for a team that was 4-12 is a helluva accomplishment. We can sweep, by not looking too far ahead. (for the team in any case)

Zodi

Hall of Fame
The Hawk game doesn't exist yet. Beat the team in front of you, which this week is the Philadelphia Eagles.

I don't play for the Rams, though, therefore I don't require the same amount of focus towards my opponents. I also have access to the internet, so the schedule is mine for the lookin'!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

Psycho_X

Legend
After yesterday's games the Rams and Eagles are now tied for most points a game at 30.1. This is going to be a hell of a game.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
The Hawk game doesn't exist yet. Beat the team in front of you, which this week is the Philadelphia Eagles. 9 wins won't get you into the playoffs...10 wins may not do it either. We have to win at least two games of four that remain.
Eagles
Hawks
Titans
49ers

None are given, not even the Niners. Sure, winning the division is the next goal, but the playoffs for a team that was 4-12 is a helluva accomplishment. We can sweep, by not looking too far ahead. (for the team in any case)

My thought exactly...2 more wins isn't a gimme..Eagles sre bettet than they looked last night I think...Hags looked very good last night...Titans are a good if not the most consistent team...Even the 9ers are better with now with what looks to be a QB...I think the Eagles game is VERY important...At any rate I almostvsute that 11 gets in...10 I not quite as sure of...Of course they can make it all moot by winning the last 4...That's my first choice...Make it happen...

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Vegas Insider opened a pick, and now have the Rams -2.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Footballlocks.com is the site I use when checking Odds. As of right now they have the Rams at 1 1/2 Point Dogs!(y);)
Footballlock.com still has this as there spread, But the funny thing is there not setting an Over/Under yet!! Interesting!

LuvMeThemRams

Rookie
Biggest game of the year, too many good teams to risk being a wildcard. We need this game and the Seahawks game to be insured a playoff spot.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
The Eagles should be given an extra 3 points in the spread because projections have the crowd as almost all Eagles fans. I even read a report than the Rams are practicing a silent snap count... for a home game...

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Just remember that odds are only tangentially related to outcome.

Directly they are a method of managing risk such that the house always wins. (It's why the lines aren't inverted, thus why the Rams aren't -113 and Eagles +113

There have been lines occasionally where they've had to really skew either the odds or the points (or simply won't take bets) because there's no way to "even up the money"

Just a friendly reminder.

Oh, and the Rams are gonna beat the Eagles because the Coliseum should FINALLY be a decent place to play (the turf was such crap early in the season).

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
The Eagles should be given an extra 3 points in the spread because projections have the crowd as almost all Eagles fans. I even read a report than the Rams are practicing a silent snap count... for a home game...

Honestly, it was always gonna be hard to draw in the Coliseum.

USC has been there for DECADES upon DECADES, so they always draw.

Rams didn't leave on the best terms and a lot of people remember how much they hated previous ownership. New fans have only ever seen losing, so why trek down to the Coliseum (not the best neighborhood) to see a team?

Diehards will show up, but it's gonna take time before the Rams are a regular draw (and we HAVE to try and get early road games because the Coliseum in Sept/Oct is a damned mess.