Rams on the Clock v 1.0

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
It's that time of year! Here we go!!

1) Tampa Bay Buccaneers -

Jameis Winston, QB, Florida State

2) Tennessee Titans -
Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon

3) Jacksonville Jaguars - Leonard Williams, DE, Southern California

4) Oakland Raiders - Amari Cooper, WR, Alabama

5) Washington Redskins - Randy Gregory, DE/OLB, Nebraska

6) New York Jets - Shane Ray, DE/OLB, Missouri

7) Chicago Bears - Landon Collins, SS, Alabama

8) Atlanta Falcons - Vic Beasley, OLB, Clemson

9) New York Giants - Brandon Schreff, OT/OG, Iowa

10) The Rams are on the clock. Who you got?

FRO

Legend
It comes down to 3 guys, TJ Clemmings, La'el Collins, and Kevin White for me. With all 3 on the board I would look for a slight trade down partner. Since that isn't present in this scenario I would probably go with Collins. Saw action all 4 years in college. Comes from a pro style scheme. Fits the style we want to play. Younger than Clemmings and more polished. Clemmings has more upside however. I really can't go wrong with any of the three.

We are in position to get a great player. I think a trade up for a QB would be highly prohibitive, I would kick the tires on a trade up for Cooper however.

Win1-4Ned

Rookie
It comes down to 3 guys, TJ Clemmings, La'el Collins, and Kevin White for me. With all 3 on the board I would look for a slight trade down partner. Since that isn't present in this scenario I would probably go with Collins. Saw action all 4 years in college. Comes from a pro style scheme. Fits the style we want to play. Younger than Clemmings and more polished. Clemmings has more upside however. I really can't go wrong with any of the three.

We are in position to get a great player. I think a trade up for a QB would be highly prohibitive, I would kick the tires on a trade up for Cooper however.
I agree on your last line. I've been focused so much on the QB issue, but seeing this hypothetical scenario has really made me optimistic about the first round.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Clemmings. I really like him. Don't think we can go wrong with this pick.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame

I agree, I would of written the same thing had you not done it first lol

La'el Collins for me, I don't trust these Pitt guys, they tend not to be able to hold the jockstrap of SEC guys.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
For me, Clemmings is certainly a part of the discussion - but I like both Ronnie Stanley and Ereck Flowers a bit more at this point. Collins may get the nod over all 3.

duckhunter

Starter
There are about 4 OTs that are relatively close in grading and 3 WRs in the same situation. The all star games and practices will provide more info and combine always has risers and fallers.

FA hasn't begun and we don't know what they will do with J Long, Wells, Barksdale, Bradford, etc., so it's a really awaiting more info at this point. During FA the Rams will take some actions to shore up it's major needs on both sides of the ball and put them somewhat in a position to be able to select BPA. I like the idea of trading down and adding a 2nd or 3rd if possible. Since the top 2 QBs don't drop in this mock, usually don't draft a guy to play RT this high but teams are valuing RTs more than in the past since DEs are lining up in more places than years past.

With the info that seems legitimate about reworking Long and Bradford's contracts, I would throw Peat's name in the ring if he comes out to fill Barksdale's slot immediately. Athletic, big and upside which can be said for the other OT candidates. He's has warts and bad games but so did Grob.

Rams aren't going anywhere until this OLine is upgraded tremendously. If Snisher doesn't see this, then, it's time to move on. If they add youth to the OLine and doesn't happen immediately, they get another year in my book.

manmaderam

The one and only
My vote is for La'el Collins, we need the OL. And personally I would have him next since Brandon Schreff

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Clemmings. Not even close.
8230461.jpg

T-Hawks

UDFA
Hey we don't know what is going to happen with Britt. I could see a team giving Britt a massive contract. Britt put up great numbers this year considering the abysmal quarterback play. If Britt leaves we should consider White or Parker...