Rams on the clock - pick 69

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Relwolf91

Starter
Name
Sean
On NFL.com, Robert Davis is projected to go in the 5th of 6th round and has the player comparison of Aaron Dobson. Who the hell is that?

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
I think the Young man has 3rd round talent, and I don't think, the way this^ mock is going he'll last for the Rams.

Robert Davis's stats:
* 4.44-40

* 41.0 Vert.
* 136.0 Broad Jump
* 4.28 short shuttle
* 141.5 SPARQ score.

Now, Compare Cooper Kupp's same stats.
* 4.62-40
* 31.0 Vert.
* 116.0 Broad jump
* 4.08 short shuttle
* 107.1 SPARQ score

This comparison is why I want Davis over Kupp. JMHO

What makes Davis a better football player than Kupp? They will be playing Football on Sundays, not Track & Field.

Ram65

Legend
I think the Young man has 3rd round talent, and I don't think, the way this^ mock is going he'll last for the Rams.

Robert Davis's stats:
* 4.44-40

* 41.0 Vert.
* 136.0 Broad Jump
* 4.28 short shuttle
* 141.5 SPARQ score.

* 4.62-40
* 31.0 Vert.
* 116.0 Broad jump
* 4.08 short shuttle
* 107.1 SPARQ score

Really? I'll go Cooper Kupp. He is a technician.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/robert-davis?id=2558254
WEAKNESSES
Plays with tight hips and little sink into routes causing prolonged braking before opening. Route running is extremely raw. Routes are very rounded, lacking definition and effectiveness. Needs to leverage defenders back inside on his deep work to create more catch space to the boundary. Will sit and wait on throws rather than working back aggressively. Lacking in long speed. Will glide on some deep routes rather than continuing to crank it full speed throughout the route. Won't get away from tackler very often after the catch.
DRAFT PROJECTION
Rounds 5-6

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Tarell Basham

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
With the 69th pick in the NFL Draft, the Rams select Yo Murphy, WR, Idaho.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Robert Davis's stats:
* 4.44-40

* 41.0 Vert.
* 136.0 Broad Jump
* 4.28 short shuttle
* 141.5 SPARQ score.

* 4.62-40
* 31.0 Vert.
* 116.0 Broad jump
* 4.08 short shuttle
* 107.1 SPARQ score

How about this comparison:
Robert Davis's stats
49 games
222 receptions
3391 receiving yards
15.3 yards per catch
17 receiving TDs

Cooper Kupp's stats
52 games
428 receptions
6464 receiving yards
15.1 yards per catch
73 receiving TDs

;)

This comparison is not why I want Kupp over Davis, but it does illustrate how great Kupp is at football. That is why I want Kupp over Davis. Give me football players over athletes.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Really? I'll go Cooper Kupp. He is a technician.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/robert-davis?id=2558254
WEAKNESSES
Plays with tight hips and little sink into routes causing prolonged braking before opening. Route running is extremely raw. Routes are very rounded, lacking definition and effectiveness. Needs to leverage defenders back inside on his deep work to create more catch space to the boundary. Will sit and wait on throws rather than working back aggressively. Lacking in long speed. Will glide on some deep routes rather than continuing to crank it full speed throughout the route. Won't get away from tackler very often after the catch.
DRAFT PROJECTION
Rounds 5-6
Now go back to the Link and read the entire profile. I like the guys up side, with a little time in practice!(y);):D

Ram65

Legend
Now go back to the Link and read the entire profile. I like the guys up side, with a little time in practice!(y);):D

BOTTOM LINE
On the surface, Davis is a big receiver who lacks deep speed and has a hard time creating clean passing windows for quarterbacks. However, he's a decent athlete who could benefit greatly from extended route work and learning the nuances of the position. Davis is a project with some moldable traits who may have enough talent to find his way into the league once his skills and fundamentals are honed. Davis could be a practice squad stash with the ability to grow into an NFL backup......................................................................................................................................

At the third round pick the Rams need someone that has a really good chance to contribute this year. All the info on Kupp that has been posted (work ethic, studies the entire game, very technically sound and production) gives him good odds to do just that.

I like the numbers when looking at prospects and Davis' stand out. He is a lighter version of Even Engram with many the numbers that are better. Really just a little lighter 16 Lbs and slightly smaller hands. I would look at him later for the Rams depending on how the draft goes. I have a lot more confidence in McVay and Company to teach this guy because he will need time to develop.;)(y):D

Robert Davis's stats:
* 4.44-40

* 41.0 Vert.
* 136.0 Broad Jump
* 4.28 short shuttle
* 141.5 SPARQ score.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/evan-engram?id=2557858
*4.42 40
*36 Vert
*125. Broad Jump
*4.23 Short Shuttle

Last edited: