Rams on the Clock cntd - pick 26

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
This is a continuation of this thread -

http://www.ramsondemand.com/threads/rams-on-the-clock-cntd-pick-13.24062/page-2

which is a continuation of other threads ...

Here is where we are now:

1. ATL - Clowney
2. Clev - Bridgewater
3. Jax - Mack
4. STL - Greg Robinson
5. Min - Blake Bortles
6. Hou - Taylor Lewan
7. TB - Jake Matthews
8. Oak - Sammy Watkins
9. Buff - Mike Evans
10. Det - Justin Gilbert
11. Tenn - CJ Mosley
12. NYG - Zach Martin
13. STL - Ha Ha Clinton Dix
14. Hou - Johnny Manziel*
15. Pit - Marquise Lee
16. Dallas - Aaron Donald
17. Balt - Brandin Cooks
18. NYJ - Eric Ebron
19. Mia - Cyrus Kouandjio
20. Az - Louis Nix
21. GB - Calvin Pryor
22. Philly - Darqueze Dennard
23. KC - Odell Beckham
24. Cincy - Dee Ford
25. SD - Kony Ealy
26. The Rams are on the Clock

Only one trade down offer on the table:

Jacksonville will give us #39 and #70 for #26 and #106.

As a reminder, the Rams currently have Robinson, Ha Ha, 26, 44, no 3rd round pick, and then all of their picks from day 3 still.

Either take the Jax offer, or pick one guy for the Rams here.

Alan

Legend
Kyle Fuller

http://walterfootball.com/draft2014CB.php

"Kyle Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech
Height: 6-0. Weight: 190.
40 Time: 4.49.
Projected Round (2013): 1-2.

3/8/14: The 2013 season opener against Alabama gave Fuller the opportunity to be extremely impressive. He was excellent versus the Crimson Tide and did a superb job of smothering Amari Cooper in man coverage. Fuller had four tackles, an interception, at least one pass batted away, some good hits and solid play on special teams.

Fuller kept up the impressive play in games against Georgia Tech and North Carolina. He had tight coverage and was superb in run defense. Tar Heels receiver Quinshad Davis beat Fuller for a touchdown on a double move, but Fuller had a pick and six tackles in the game. The senior totaled 24 tackles with two interceptions and 10 passes broken up in 2013. Injuries hurt him down the stretch and he missed a few games.

At the Combine, Fuller showed surprising speed. With his man-coverage ability, instincts and versatility. Fuller could be a steal late in the first round or early in the second round. WalterFootball.com knows teams that are really hoping he makes it to early in the second round.

8/17/13: Fuller played well last year with 46 tackles, two interceptions, a forced fumble and three passes broken up. However, there were expectations for a big season and he was never really dominant.

Fuller made six starts with 32 tackles and six passes broken up as a freshman in 2010. He improved his play in 2011 and started every game. The sophomore totaled 65 tackles with two interceptions, one forced fumble, and seven passes broken up. He was a Second-Team All-ACC selection.

Fuller has some quickness to go along with his size, and could easily push his stock higher in the next year. Virginia Tech has been a factory for defensive backs, and he should enter the NFL with plus preparation. If Fuller can improve his interception totals and splash plays, his stock will rise.

Personal: Finance major. Son of Vincent and Nina Dorsey-Fuller. Older brothers include former Tennessee Titan Vincent Fuller and current Lions wide receiver Corey Fuller. Younger brother Kendall was a top recruit for Virginia Tech."

Alan

Legend
Jason Verrett, CB, TCU
Height: 5-9. Weight: 189.
40 Time: 4.38.
Projected Round (2014): 1-3.

3/8/14: Verrett would be ranked higher if he weren't so undersized. Some scouts told WalterFootball.com they couldn't draft Verrett in the first three rounds because they feel he's going to get pushed around by NFL receivers. It only takes one team to pull the trigger on Verrett on Day 2, but a fall in the draft seems very possible. Some project Verrett to the first round.

To start 2013, Verrett was impressive against LSU. The Tigers didn't do well when they threw his direction as he provided sound coverage. Verrett broke up passes and didn't allow separation. He recorded seven tackles and a sack in that contest. Verrett maintained a high level of play throughout the year. He totaled 38 tackles with 14 passes defended and two interceptions in 2013. Verrett thrived at the Combine in the events that illustrate his strengths and hide his weaknesses.

8/17/13: Verrett had an impressive 2012 season with six interceptions, 16 passes broken up, 63 tackles and a blocked kick. Numerous publications listed the junior as a First-Team All-American. He started 10 games in 2011 and had a solid debut, totaling 58 tackles with one interception and four passes broken up.

Verrett spent the 2010 season playing in junior college. He definitely needs to add some weight for the NFL. If Verrett is shorter than his listed height, he may end up being a slot corner.

Personal: Majoring in sports broadcasting. Son of Warren and Cynthia Verrett.

PhxRam

Jason Verrett, CB, TCU
Height: 5-9. Weight: 189.
40 Time: 4.38.
Projected Round (2014): 1-3.

3/8/14: Verrett would be ranked higher if he weren't so undersized. Some scouts told WalterFootball.com they couldn't draft Verrett in the first three rounds because they feel he's going to get pushed around by NFL receivers. It only takes one team to pull the trigger on Verrett on Day 2, but a fall in the draft seems very possible. Some project Verrett to the first round.

To start 2013, Verrett was impressive against LSU. The Tigers didn't do well when they threw his direction as he provided sound coverage. Verrett broke up passes and didn't allow separation. He recorded seven tackles and a sack in that contest. Verrett maintained a high level of play throughout the year. He totaled 38 tackles with 14 passes defended and two interceptions in 2013. Verrett thrived at the Combine in the events that illustrate his strengths and hide his weaknesses.

8/17/13: Verrett had an impressive 2012 season with six interceptions, 16 passes broken up, 63 tackles and a blocked kick. Numerous publications listed the junior as a First-Team All-American. He started 10 games in 2011 and had a solid debut, totaling 58 tackles with one interception and four passes broken up.

Verrett spent the 2010 season playing in junior college. He definitely needs to add some weight for the NFL. If Verrett is shorter than his listed height, he may end up being a slot corner.

Personal: Majoring in sports broadcasting. Son of Warren and Cynthia Verrett.

Sounds like honey badger.. How has that turned out for the scouts.

Alan

Legend
I was thinking Tye Hill. I really haven't done any research on CBs but both Walter and Mayock have him rated as the 3rd best. He's also 6' and pretty fast. Big WRs are all the rage now and I think that requires big CBs.

My next choice would be Roby or Roberson.

Marcus Roberson*, CB, Florida
Height: 6-0. Weight: 191.
40 Time: 4.61.
Projected Round (2014): 1-2.

3/8/14: The junior recorded 11 tackles with three passes broken up in 2013. Roberson missed three games with a PCL strain and was very rusty in his return against LSU. He had a mixed outing against Georgia, too. Roberson was excellent in coverage versus Miami, but he got banged up during the game. Roberson had three tackles with four punts returned for 72 yards in Week 1. He then landed a suspension late in the season.

While Roberson didn't have a big statistical year, his man-coverage skills could get him drafted in the late first or early second round according to league sources. However, that was before Roberson had an ugly performance at the Combine with a surprisingly slow 40 time.

8/17/13: Roberson formed a good cornerback tandem with Purifoy last year. Roberson excelled in man coverage and was a key part of a tough Florida defense. He totaled 23 tackles with 12 passes broken up, a forced fumble and two interceptions.

Roberson, a true freshman in 2011, beat out a number of highly touted prospects for a starting job. He played well and showed some natural man-cover skills when going against elite receivers. Roberson injured his neck and missed the final three games of his first season. Still, he recorded 22 tackles and an interception.

Roberson is the latest in line of talented Gators cornerbacks like Joe Haden and Janoris Jenkins to start quickly for Florida. Roberson has size, length, quickness and big upside to be man-cover corner in the NFL.

Bradley Roby*, CB, Ohio State
Height: 5-11. Weight: 194.
40 Time: 4.39.

3/8/14: At the Combine, Roby put his great skill set on display. He has the physical talent to be a No. 1 corner if he lands with good coaching, but his bad tape from the 2013 season is holding him back from being a sure-fire first-round pick.

In 2013, Roby had 62 tackles, 13 passes broken up and three interceptions. It was an ugly season that hurt his draft stock significantly, but he still entered the 2014 NFL Draft.

Roby was ejected against Iowa for targeting and had a mixed outing against Northwestern. Roby blocked a punt in the end zone for an Ohio State touchdown versus the Wildcats, but also was burned for 41-yard and 67-yard pass plays. That was the third game this season that he had problems in pass coverage.

A week earlier, Roby was torched by Wisconsin wide receiver Jared Abbrederis. Abbrederis kept the Badgers in the game as he went over 200 yards receiving, including one touchdown at Roby's expense. Abbrederis would've beaten Roby for more points, but Joel Stave couldn't get him the ball. Stave had a terribly thrown pass intercepted by Roby. In the ground game, Roby had some tackles and slapped away a couple of quick slants. It was still an ugly outing that hurts his draft stock significantly.

Roby was suspended for the Week-1 game against Buffalo because of some legal trouble in the offseason. Week 3 against California may have hurt Roby's stock even more than his off-the-field issues. He was beaten on a number of receptions, including on a touchdown. Roby dropped an interception and was nearly beaten for another touchdown, but got lucky that Golden Bears wide receiver Bryce Treggs dropped the pass.

8/17/13: Roby was a real play-maker for the Ohio State defense in 2012. The junior made big improvements as a second-year starter. Roby totaled 63 tackles, one sack, two tackles for a loss, 17 passes broken up and two interceptions. He is fast and very instinctive.

Roby broke into the starting lineup as a redshirt sophomore in 2011. He totaled 47 tackles, four tackles for a loss, three interceptions and a forced fumble. Roby is an instinctive cover corner who has a knack for big plays.

The senior hurt his draft stock with an arrest in the summer for a bar fight. There is the possibility that Roby could have a suspension at some point during the 2014 season. In the past two drafts cornerbacks, Janoris Jenkins and Tyrann Mathieu, with off-the-field issues have fallen to the second day of the draft. Roby doesn't have as bad of a history as either of those two, but character red flags will be something Roby has to repeatedly address in the lead up to the 2014 NFL Draft.

Flipper_336

Starter
Name
Carl
Xavier Su'a-Filo or David Yankey.

I'd take the former but it appears that our FO highly values flexibility so they'd probably choose Yankey, seeing that he could play tackle if needed.

My vote is for Su'a-Filo.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/131821/anthony-barr
131821.jpg

Anthony Barr | Linebacker
Team: UCLA Bruins
Age / DOB: (22) / 3/18/1992 Happy Birthday
Ht / Wt: 6'4' / 235 He just measured 6'5 / 249 @ Pro Day
4.45 40 @ Pro Day

Latest News
Recent News

In NFL.com writer Bucky Brooks' "Man vs. Machine" series, a computer projection listed DeMarcus Ware, Dion Jordan and Barkevious Mingo as comparisons for UCLA edge rusher Anthony Barr.
Barr, who began his collegiate career as a running back, collected 23.5 sacks and 41.5 tackles for loss over the past two seasons. UCLA coach Jim Mora compares him to former All-Pro Julian Peterson. "I see the similarities in their physical appearance and games, which is why I've routinely offered up the same comparison when asked about Barr," wrote Brooks. "However, I must admit that I'm intrigued by the computer's suggestion of DeMarcus Ware, because the physical dimensions and athletic measurements are comparable. Of course, Ware is a bit more explosive based on the 40-time and vertical jump, but the closely matched 3-cone time suggests Barr could be a terrific rusher turning the corner off the edge. Given the importance of getting to the quarterback, the ability to 'bend and burst' around the corner could make him a Pro Bowl-caliber playmaker at the next level." Mar 16 - 6:59 PM

I was thinking Tye Hill. I really haven't done any research on CBs but both Walter and Mayock have him rated as the 3rd best. He's also 6' and pretty fast. Big WRs are all the rage now and I think that requires big CBs.

My next choice would be Roby or Roberson.
Marcus Roberson*, CB, Florida
Height: 6-0. Weight: 191.
40 Time: 4.61.

3/8/14: The junior recorded 11 tackles with three passes broken up in 2013. Roberson missed three games with a PCL strain and was very rusty in his return against LSU. He had a mixed outing against Georgia, too. Roberson was excellent in coverage versus Miami, but he got banged up during the game. Roberson had three tackles with four punts returned for 72 yards in Week 1. He then landed a suspension late in the season.

While Roberson didn't have a big statistical year, his man-coverage skills could get him drafted in the late first or early second round according to league sources. However, that was before Roberson had an ugly performance at the Combine with a surprisingly slow 40 time.

8/17/13: Roberson formed a good cornerback tandem with Purifoy last year. Roberson excelled in man coverage and was a key part of a tough Florida defense. He totaled 23 tackles with 12 passes broken up, a forced fumble and two interceptions.

Roberson, a true freshman in 2011, beat out a number of highly touted prospects for a starting job. He played well and showed some natural man-cover skills when going against elite receivers. Roberson injured his neck and missed the final three games of his first season. Still, he recorded 22 tackles and an interception.

Roberson is the latest in line of talented Gators cornerbacks like Joe Haden and Janoris Jenkins to start quickly for Florida. Roberson has size, length, quickness and big upside to be man-cover corner in the NFL.

Bradley Roby*, CB, Ohio State
Height: 5-11. Weight: 194.
40 Time: 4.39.

3/8/14: At the Combine, Roby put his great skill set on display. He has the physical talent to be a No. 1 corner if he lands with good coaching, but his bad tape from the 2013 season is holding him back from being a sure-fire first-round pick.

In 2013, Roby had 62 tackles, 13 passes broken up and three interceptions. It was an ugly season that hurt his draft stock significantly, but he still entered the 2014 NFL Draft.

Roby was ejected against Iowa for targeting and had a mixed outing against Northwestern. Roby blocked a punt in the end zone for an Ohio State touchdown versus the Wildcats, but also was burned for 41-yard and 67-yard pass plays. That was the third game this season that he had problems in pass coverage.

A week earlier, Roby was torched by Wisconsin wide receiver Jared Abbrederis. Abbrederis kept the Badgers in the game as he went over 200 yards receiving, including one touchdown at Roby's expense. Abbrederis would've beaten Roby for more points, but Joel Stave couldn't get him the ball. Stave had a terribly thrown pass intercepted by Roby. In the ground game, Roby had some tackles and slapped away a couple of quick slants. It was still an ugly outing that hurts his draft stock significantly.

Roby was suspended for the Week-1 game against Buffalo because of some legal trouble in the offseason. Week 3 against California may have hurt Roby's stock even more than his off-the-field issues. He was beaten on a number of receptions, including on a touchdown. Roby dropped an interception and was nearly beaten for another touchdown, but got lucky that Golden Bears wide receiver Bryce Treggs dropped the pass.

8/17/13: Roby was a real play-maker for the Ohio State defense in 2012. The junior made big improvements as a second-year starter. Roby totaled 63 tackles, one sack, two tackles for a loss, 17 passes broken up and two interceptions. He is fast and very instinctive.

Roby broke into the starting lineup as a redshirt sophomore in 2011. He totaled 47 tackles, four tackles for a loss, three interceptions and a forced fumble. Roby is an instinctive cover corner who has a knack for big plays.

The senior hurt his draft stock with an arrest in the summer for a bar fight. There is the possibility that Roby could have a suspension at some point during the 2014 season. In the past two drafts cornerbacks, Janoris Jenkins and Tyrann Mathieu, with off-the-field issues have fallen to the second day of the draft. Roby doesn't have as bad of a history as either of those two, but character red flags will be something Roby has to repeatedly address in the lead up to the 2014 NFL Draft.

I haven't watched much of Roby but the Wisconsin game alone put me off, got schooled by a 3rd round WR.

I'm 100% with R&G here. Why don't we have a 3rd rounder and I'll take Varett.

After Clowney was taken, we traded Cleveland #2 and #75 for #4 and #26.

Alan

Legend
Rams and Gators not liking Roby:
I haven't watched much of Roby but the Wisconsin game alone put me off, got schooled by a 3rd round WR.

Like I said, I haven't done much research on CBs so I'll take your word on him. I still have the problem with Verrett's size. Whether it's covering much bigger WRs or the good chance his body won't hold up it's too scary for me.

rdlkgliders with an OLB:
Anthony Barr | Linebacker

That's a good choice too. My only problem with it is that we might not have one of the top CBs available at #44. I wouldn't mind it though. Providing Williams can find a good use for a 3-4 two down LB. He would make our D better that's for sure.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
CB is a big need, but I still feel this is a very deep CB class and we can get a very good one in round 2.

It's probably a little high, but my pick is Su'a-Filo as well.
(Though I may regret passing on Barr at this point in the draft)

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Like I said, I haven't done much research on CBs so I'll take your word on him. I still have the problem with Verrett's size. Whether it's covering much bigger WRs or the good chance his body won't hold up it's too scary for me.

That's a good choice too. My only problem with it is that we might not have one of the top CBs available at #44. I wouldn't mind it though. Providing Williams can find a good use for a 3-4 two down LB. He would make our D better that's for sure.

I can't see passing up that kind of talent (and arguably the best LB in the draft) in a position we can use some depth. I see him playing a bit on 3rd down for his pass rushing abilities providing it is a passing situation.
A CB at 44 would make quite a nice top 4 picks.

For those going O line, why? We've got starters in all 5 spots and a good replacement for all 5 spots should one of them go down, we need depth and you don't draft depth in the 1st round in my book.

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
Yeah i'd have a hard time passing on Anthony Barr @ 26. Cornerback is tempting, but this is a deep CB draft and Barr is top 10 talent. He'd be my pick.

Alan

Legend
rdlkgliders adding this:
I see him playing a bit on 3rd down for his pass rushing abilities providing it is a passing situation.
A CB at 44 would make quite a nice top 4 picks.

With Williams our new DC that's a good point. If we could still get a good CB at #44 I'd be very happy with the first four picks. :)

Flipper_336

Starter
Name
Carl
For those going O line, why?
Long has missed seven games over the last three seasons and Saffold seventeen in the same period, so quality cover is essential.

Furthermore, if Long is cut and Robinson (in this scenario) moves to left tackle in 2015, we'll need a starting guard. Better to have one with a year's experience than a complete rookie.

Always plan ahead: in 2015, our line could be Robinson-XSF-Jones-Saffold-Barksdale. That could be beastly.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I have been on the fix the O line promotion since last year and I won't stop here. Give me Yankey to finish off that thought with an eye to the future.