Rams On Demand Full 7 rd mock draft results

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
cin-city.png

Went into the draft for the Bengals needing to upgrade the front seven and especially the pass rush from the DE position. Carlos Dunlap was the only DE that really provided any production from the DE position so getting somebody opposite him is important. The Bengals also lost 35 year old Karlos Dansby in free agency and have since cut Ray Maualuga so ILB is a huge area of need while they signed Kevin Minter the 4 year pro has yet to have a quality season on a good Cardinals defense.

1) Rueben Foster ILB Alabama
2) Dorian Johnson G Pitt
3) Cooper Kupp WR Eastern Washington
4a) Daeshon Hall DE Texas A&M
4b) Kareem Hunt RB Toledo
5a) Jarron Jones NT Notre Dame
5b) Josh Harvey-Clemons S Louisville
5c) Chad Williams WR Grambling
7a) Zane Gonzalez K Arizona St
7b) Keointa Davis DE Tenn-Chattanooga

With the first pick we put a thumper and play maker to start day 1 and allow Burfect (the scumbag that he is) to make more plays. Even with his off season issues I still think Foster is a high 1st round pick and is a talent to lead this defense going forward. Dorian Johnson has probably the 2nd biggest shoes to fill going into 2017 for the Bengals. He's replacing all world G Kevin Zeitler. The Bengals left side of their OLine is going to be the keys to their success and Andy Daltons health with Jake Fisher also replacing Andrew Whitworth. With the Bengals adding two in the top two rounds recently in Fisher and Ogbuehi it wasn't realistic to add another OT early. But adding a Guard to help take some of the pressure off Fisher at LT was vital.

Cooper Kupp was just simply too good of a talent to pass up. The rest of you left him on the board so now the Bengals add him and 5th rounder Chad Williams who will take the top off of defenses to make what might be one of the best if not the best WR Corp in the NFL if Tyler Eifert returns to health.

AJ Green
Brandon LaFell
Tyler Boyd
Cooper Kupp
Chad Williams

Thank you for passing on Kupp guys :)

We waited a while, probably longer than Bengals fans would like but we addressed their DE need with a great player and value in Daeshon Hall. Jones is another one I was glad you guys passed on. I thought about him in the 2nd round but needed to add quality at G and then couldn't pass up on Kupp in the 3rd. Imagine my shock when he started to fall. I tried to trade up into the end of the 3rd but was fortunate that he kept falling! Hall can step in day one line up opposite of Dunlap and give the Bengals three good pass rushers along with Geno Atkins. We also added a developmental DE in the 7th in Davis. Davis is strong and has an NFL DE's body. They just need to work on his technique. The Bengals closed out their stellar front 7 with a run stuffing NT to put next to Atkins in Jones. Atkins now has his Brockers next to him to alleviate some of the pressure inside.

One of the Bengals major problems last year was a lack of production in the run game. Hill and Bernard both averaged less than 4 YPC. Hill is a between the tackles guy and Bernard is a shifty back with good receiving skills. IMO adding Hunt when they did gave them a guy with skills in both those area's and we'll soon see the Bengals move on from Hill if not both backs. Hunt can get you that 3rd and 1 carry you desperately need and has the speed and ability to hit home runs.

Clemons to me is a developmental Safety that could be a lethal in the box player in a year or two much like our own Mo Alexander.

Lastly and maybe the biggest addition was Gonzalez! The Bengals used two kickers last year who couldn't push touchbacks in the return game and also combined for a paltry 80% from FG. Looking through Bengals sites they have them taking Gonzalez as early as the 4th round. I count myself very lucky to add him in the 7th. He's literally the only guy every Bengals fan has them picking this year in the draft!

All in all I think I drafted 5 day one starters. Added two very talented WR's to join an already talented group. Gave them a huge upgrade at kicker. If the left side of the OLine can keep Dalton alive this was a huge draft for the boys in stripes!

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
IMG_1139.GIF

1st round (14)
- Leonard Fournette (RB) LSU

2nd round (50) - Zay Jones (WR) East Carolina

3rd round (84) - Traded - First round from 19 to 14

4th round (125) - Eddie Jackson (S) Alabama

5th round (162) - Zach Banner (OG) USC

6th round (204) -Matt Milano (LB) Boston College

7th round(237) - Hunter Dimick (DE) Utah

Undrafted Free Agents
Nate Gerry, S (Nebraska)
Matthew Dayes, RB (North Carolina St.)
Kent Perkins, OT (Texas)
Nate Hairston, CB (Temple)

Last edited:

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
dcy03myfhffbki5d7il3.gif

Just the picks.....I left the trades out.

Round 1 - 29. Green Bay: - Gareon Conley, CB, Ohio State

Round 2 - 61. Green Bay: - DeMarcus Walker, DE, Florida State

Round 3 - 93. Green Bay: - Bucky Hodges, TE, Virginia Tech

Round 4 - 134. Green Bay: - Erik Magnuson, OG, Michigan

Round 5 - 172. Green Bay: - Jeremy McNichols, RB, Boise State

Round 6 - 212. Green Bay: - Jehu Chesson, WR, Michigan

Round 7 - 238. Green Bay: - Isaac Rochell, DL, Notre Dame

Round 7 - 245. Green Bay: - Fred Ross, WR, Mississippi State

Round 7 - 247. Green Bay: - Calvin Munson, OLB, San Diego State

Round 7 - 252. Green Bay: - Jayon Brown, LB, UCLA

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Fabian from ucla is a solid CB . I'd take those guys before Even Engram .

I think Bucky Hodges is a better value. JuJu would be hard to pass up , especially if there is a chance to take Bucky 10-20 spots back from there.

It says no trades ,but later in the third rd it might be good to trade up to fill position by value .

Fabian,Ju Ju , & Bucky Hodges would be very sold draft .

Isn't Bucky Hodges the Winter Soldier from Captain America?

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
new-orleans-saints-wallpaper-0.jpg

With Brees on the back-end of his HOF career - I wanted to take them to the SB so I had to go radical with my draft. My full breakdown can be read at http://www.ramsondemand.com/threads/rod-mock-results-new-orleans-saints.49281/#post-892391

PICK 1a
Traded to Minnesota for
CB Xavier Rhodes
LB Anthony Barr
QB Teddy Bridgewater.

PICK 1b (R1 P27)
John Ross
, WR, Washington
With the loss of Brandin Cooks to the Pats, the Saints instantly fill that gap ‘quickly’ with Ross, officially the fastest WR in the game. Along with Thomas, Ginn Jr, Snead, Duarte and Fleener – Brees’ options to spread the ball just got better.

PICK 2 (R2 P54)
Jordan Willis
, DE/OLB, Kansas State
Again, a huge boost to the needy pass-rush at New Orleans, Willis was quietly one of the most productive DE’s in the country. His speed, power and strength will see him work opposite Cameron Jordan, but will mix it up at OLB with Fowler. Let’s just say that QBs better be wary of our pass rush now.

PICK 3 (R3 P76)
Marcus Williams
, S, Utah
My steal of the draft, Marcus Williams is one of the most underrated defensive prospects in this draft class. Williams is a ridiculously dynamic athlete. Williams is an immediate starter who will significantly help New Orleans pass defense, particularly on throws down the field, an area in which the team struggled last season.

PICK 4 (R4 P120)
Corn Elder
, CB, Miami (FL)
The small & fierce former Running Back Elder is one of the most aggressive, tough, instinctive, tenacious, hard-hitting defensive backs in the next Draft. Elder is like a scrappy junkyard dog of a player and never gives up – don’t be surprised to see him in an outside/slot corner/safety role for the Saints – he’ll also be used for return duties with Ginn Jr.

PICK 5 (R6 P187)
Brandon Wilson
, CB, Houston
Another versatile RB convert that's transitioning to CB. Wilson is an explosive athlete who could be considered on either side of the ball as a defensive back or a running back. A serious playmaker in all three phases of the game: offense, defense and special teams. His ceiling as a pro is high.

PICK 6 (R6 P196)
David Godchaux
, DT, LSU
Davon Godchaux has the tools to play all over the defensive line for the Saints. His athleticism makes him scheme-versatile, and the 6'4", 300-pound three-year starter for LSU, Godchaux tallied 18 tackles for losses and 11.5 sacks while playing mostly as a defensive tackle, he’d slide in next to Rankins and comfortably fill the void left by Fairley.

PICK 7 (R7 P220)
Brian Hill, RB, Wyoming

With a 3rd round draft projection that's compared to David Johnson, Hill is another steal of the Draft. He may not have breakaway speed, but is impressive between the tackles where he always fights, and usually wins those important extra yards. A nice complimentary back to Mark Ingram.

PICK 8 (R7 P222)
Ethan Cooper, OG/OT, Indiana

The 6’3”, 325lb Cooper has played all over the line, but will probably kick inside for the Saints and be a rotational back-up to Walford (and Peat).

Other key trade pick moves included:
DE/OLB Dante Fowler Jr.
Fowler Jr. fills the Pass rush need the saints have opposite Cam Jordan and will trade time at LDE with Jordan Willis. Both Willis and Fowler Jr. will be mixing it up at DE and OLB depending on whether or not we’re running a 4 or 3 man front.

TE Thomas Duarte Duarte is a fast, sharp route runner that can also line up at WR. We’ll see 2 TE sets with him and Fleener. He was a guy I was after last year in the draft – I always get my guy

UDFAs
Travin Dural, WR, LSU
This guy has flown under the radar because of appalling QB play, but I'm taking a flyer on a guy with good speed and size that's come from the same stable as Jarvis Landry and Beckham Jr. He can sit at the back of the depth chart and improve his ball skills, but his day will come. He's got a 3rd round grade by some!

Glen Antoine, DT, Idaho
Antoine is the epitome of a run stuffer - he'll only be used on obvious run plays when the Saints will switch to 3-4 technique. He's as big as a house and with smother anything in front of him!

Anthony Cioffi, S/CB, Rutgers
The dude is just plain fast, and plays even faster. He's another one of the ball-hawk multi-positional guys that I like to draft, he's comfortable as a CB, FS, SS and even at WR. He'll be a star on ST and will get his day on the starting lineup.

Bradley Northnagel, LS, California
Even though the Saints have just picked up Jesse Schmitt off waivers, Narthnagel’s talents as a dependable LS will serve the Saints for years to come.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Isn't Bucky Hodges the Winter Soldier from Captain America?

Good question
. I liked him because of his numbers.Watching the combine today,I just saw what a freak this guy is. He is real tall , but he can jump out of the roof as well . Then his long jump as well.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
new-orleans-saints-wallpaper-0.jpg

With Brees on the back-end of his HOF career - I wanted to take them to the SB so I had to go radical with my draft. My full breakdown can be read at http://www.ramsondemand.com/threads/rod-mock-results-new-orleans-saints.49281/#post-892391

PICK 1a
Traded to Minnesota for
CB Xavier Rhodes
LB Anthony Barr
QB Teddy Bridgewater.

PICK 1b (R1 P27)
John Ross
, WR, Washington
With the loss of Brandin Cooks to the Pats, the Saints instantly fill that gap ‘quickly’ with Ross, officially the fastest WR in the game. Along with Thomas, Ginn Jr, Snead, Duarte and Fleener – Brees’ options to spread the ball just got better.

PICK 2 (R2 P54)
Jordan Willis
, DE/OLB, Kansas State
Again, a huge boost to the needy pass-rush at New Orleans, Willis was quietly one of the most productive DE’s in the country. His speed, power and strength will see him work opposite Cameron Jordan, but will mix it up at OLB with Fowler. Let’s just say that QBs better be wary of our pass rush now.

PICK 3 (R3 P76)
Marcus Williams
, S, Utah
My steal of the draft, Marcus Williams is one of the most underrated defensive prospects in this draft class. Williams is a ridiculously dynamic athlete. Williams is an immediate starter who will significantly help New Orleans pass defense, particularly on throws down the field, an area in which the team struggled last season.

PICK 4 (R4 P120)
Corn Elder
, CB, Miami (FL)
The small & fierce former Running Back Elder is one of the most aggressive, tough, instinctive, tenacious, hard-hitting defensive backs in the next Draft. Elder is like a scrappy junkyard dog of a player and never gives up – don’t be surprised to see him in an outside/slot corner/safety role for the Saints – he’ll also be used for return duties with Ginn Jr.

PICK 5 (R6 P187)
Brandon Wilson
, CB, Houston
Another versatile RB convert that's transitioning to CB. Wilson is an explosive athlete who could be considered on either side of the ball as a defensive back or a running back. A serious playmaker in all three phases of the game: offense, defense and special teams. His ceiling as a pro is high.

PICK 6 (R6 P196)
David Godchaux
, DT, LSU
Davon Godchaux has the tools to play all over the defensive line for the Saints. His athleticism makes him scheme-versatile, and the 6'4", 300-pound three-year starter for LSU, Godchaux tallied 18 tackles for losses and 11.5 sacks while playing mostly as a defensive tackle, he’d slide in next to Rankins and comfortably fill the void left by Fairley.

PICK 7 (R7 P220)
Brian Hill, RB, Wyoming

With a 3rd round draft projection that's compared to David Johnson, Hill is another steal of the Draft. He may not have breakaway speed, but is impressive between the tackles where he always fights, and usually wins those important extra yards. A nice complimentary back to Mark Ingram.

PICK 8 (R7 P222)
Ethan Cooper, OG/OT, Indiana

The 6’3”, 325lb Cooper has played all over the line, but will probably kick inside for the Saints and be a rotational back-up to Walford (and Peat).

Other key trade pick moves included:
DE/OLB Dante Fowler Jr.
Fowler Jr. fills the Pass rush need the saints have opposite Cam Jordan and will trade time at LDE with Jordan Willis. Both Willis and Fowler Jr. will be mixing it up at DE and OLB depending on whether or not we’re running a 4 or 3 man front.

TE Thomas Duarte Duarte is a fast, sharp route runner that can also line up at WR. We’ll see 2 TE sets with him and Fleener. He was a guy I was after last year in the draft – I always get my guy

UDFAs
Travin Dural, WR, LSU
This guy has flown under the radar because of appalling QB play, but I'm taking a flyer on a guy with good speed and size that's come from the same stable as Jarvis Landry and Beckham Jr. He can sit at the back of the depth chart and improve his ball skills, but his day will come. He's got a 3rd round grade by some!

Glen Antoine, DT, Idaho
Antoine is the epitome of a run stuffer - he'll only be used on obvious run plays when the Saints will switch to 3-4 technique. He's as big as a house and with smother anything in front of him!

Anthony Cioffi, S/CB, Rutgers
The dude is just plain fast, and plays even faster. He's another one of the ball-hawk multi-positional guys that I like to draft, he's comfortable as a CB, FS, SS and even at WR. He'll be a star on ST and will get his day on the starting lineup.

Bradley Northnagel, LS, California
Even though the Saints have just picked up Jesse Schmitt off waivers, Narthnagel’s talents as a dependable LS will serve the Saints for years to come.
You got the better of me with that "1st Round Trade", It won't happen again in next years ROD Mock!!:LOL:

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
forty_whiners_grungy_sd_500_x_500_grande.png

MOCK DRAFT

2. Solomon Thomas DE Stanford
34. Tim Williams OLB Alabama
66. Julie’N Davenport OT Bucknell
109. K.D. Cannon WR Baylor
143. Taywan Taylor WR Western Kentucky
146. & 198. TRADED TO CLEVELAND for Brock Osweiler QB
161. Damien Mama OG USC
209. Jeremy Cutrer CB Middle Tennessee State
219. Xavier Coleman CB Portland State

Undrafted FA
1. Keevan Lucas, WR (Tulsa)
2. Kyle Kalis, OG (Michigan)
3. Brandon Bell, OLB (Penn St.)

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
forty_whiners_grungy_sd_500_x_500_grande.png

MOCK DRAFT

2. Solomon Thomas DE Stanford
34. Tim Williams OLB Alabama
66. Julie’N Davenport OT Bucknell
109. K.D. Cannon WR Baylor
143. Taywan Taylor WR Western Kentucky
146. & 198. TRADED TO CLEVELAND for Brock Osweiler QB
161. Damien Mama OG USC
209. Jeremy Cutrer CB Middle Tennessee State
219. Xavier Coleman CB Portland State

Undrafted FA
1. Keevan Lucas, WR (Tulsa)
2. Kyle Kalis, OG (Michigan)
3. Brandon Bell, OLB (Penn St.)
I love there New Team Banner!!(y)(y):yess:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
4b8c3b71653681229adf56ffce55459f.jpg

1. Dalvin Cook, RB, Florida State
  2. Tre'Davious White, CB, LSU
  3. Raekwon McMillan, LB, Ohio State
  4. Elijah Qualls, DT/NT, Washington
  5. Conor McDermott, OT, UCLA
  6. Jessamen Dunker, G, Tennessee State

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
4b8c3b71653681229adf56ffce55459f.jpg

1. Dalvin Cook, RB, Florida State
  2. Tre'Davious White, CB, LSU
  3. Raekwon McMillan, LB, Ohio State
  4. Elijah Qualls, DT/NT, Washington
  5. Conor McDermott, OT, UCLA
  6. Jessamen Dunker, G, Tennessee State
I had to give you an Award Coach, Just because that is one Nasty Looking Colts Banner you have there!!(y)(y)(y)(y) Of course that was a Nice Draft you had for them Too!!;):D

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
@shaunpinney Think you did great with the picks and that trade you fleeced Dave on :) The Saints are definitely a better team after you running them for a month.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
@shaunpinney Think you did great with the picks and that trade you fleeced Dave on :) The Saints are definitely a better team after you running them for a month.

Thanks @OldSchool, the trade was something I had to do - even though the draft is CB heavy and I love a number of the top guys - the ROD Mock is one of the highlights of my football year - I really enjoy looking at other team's rosters and the draftees - so much so that I am already putting together a big board for next year!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'm going to compare the ROD Mock to the actual Draft, to see just how many of the Players we picked in the 1st round actually go in the 1st!
I want to see How we compare to the "So Called" Xperts!:mrburnsevil:

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
logo-kc.png

We first jumped up to pick 18 to select Christian McCaffrey, RB, Stanford. McCaffrey is going to be stud wherever we line him up and we plan on using him all over the place. Versatility is a big part of the Andy Reid plan on offense, and we feel like we got a swiss army knife in the first round.

McCaffrey.jpg

We traded up in the second round as well to get our QB of the future in Pat Mahomes II, Texas Tech. If I had to put money on it, I would say this kid will be the Chiefs target in the first round - and they may even move up from 27 to get him. Getting him at pick 55 felt like real value.

Patrick+Mahomes+II+Kansas+v+Texas+Tech+2YsxveYTBEPl.jpg

After round 2 it was time to address some needs on Defense.

We took Kendell Beckwith, LB, LSU at pick 91 - which was probably a touch early considering his injury but we expect him to take over the middle of our defense from 2018 going forward.

1384540.jpg

In the 4th, we took Damontae Kazee, CB, San Diego State. Corners went quickly in this draft, but we felt good about his value at pick 132. His measurables aren't as sexy as some of the day 1 corners but I would put his ball skills, instincts, and toughness up with there with any corner in the draft.

SDSU-Football.jpeg

From the 5th round on, we decided to gamble a bit more. We felt we had taken some pretty safe players through 4 rounds (not that taking a QB is ever really safe) but still ...

At pick 170, we called out Grover Stewart, DT, Albany State. This kid has length and power to spare - and he certainly seems to be a willing fighter out there - but like most small school players, we need to see how he does against tougher competition.

57cc98a64a0f9.image.jpg

We manuvered our way back into the late 5th round to take another flier - this time going back to offense with Antony Auclair, TE, Laval (Canada). This hoser passes the eyeball test with flying colors. He passed another test not looking at all lost in the E-W Shrine game. Like Stewart, we aren't expecting much in year 1 - but we are hoping for the kid to develop and he seems to have the aptitude and willingness to put the work in.

Antony_Auclair_-_credit_Yan_Doublet_7-585x320.jpg

We finished up our draft with Jalen Reeves-Maybin, LB, Tennessee who is only available here because of injury. Coming into the draft, we felt like LB was our most glaring need, and we feel like we came away with two guys who can contribute long term.

Jalen-Reeves-Maybin-1.jpg

So we turned 10 picks into only 7 players and a few of those players are admittedly lottory tickets, but we landed our QB of the future plus a dynamic playmaker and we didn't sacrifice any future picks or current roster players to get it done.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I think I'll keep score tonight to see which ROD GM called the picks right for his designated team.