Rams offseason spending recommendations

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I watched a lot of Charger football last season. Kalil Mack is a netorious slacker, he takes plays off, doesn't hustle most of the time. He's become a lazy player.

Big "No Thanks".

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
He was but franchise tag him? That's a bit excessive.
You might be right. I thought he was expected to get close to $20m/yr contract, but, according to Spotrac, his expected salary is only about 13.5m. Would be a great signing at that number for anyone. Texans, however, can pay more with their cap room.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I watched a lot of Charger football last season. Kalil Mack is a netorious slacker, he takes plays off, doesn't hustle most of the time. He's become a lazy player.

Big "No Thanks".
Marty Mcfly Jennifer GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing

Big "No Thanks".
Well he's played with the Raiders and then the under-achieving Chargers. Playing for a contender might motivate him.

Edit: Also, the Bears.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
As we get close…
I’m leaning into what a few others have been saying…. Huff seems like the ideal edge target when it comes to price and pass rush juice.

He can rest on first down.

He could help the Rams pass rush take a big jump.

I think Greenard & Chase young could be 2 & 3 on the list.

As others have pointed out.. Rams like those second contract guys.

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
Huff is a pure pass rusher; he’s next to useless against the run.

I would rather save our money and trade down a few spots for Chop Robinson if that is all we want. It’d be cheaper and we’d even get another draft pick or two thrown in.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Huff is a pure pass rusher; he’s next to useless against the run.

I would rather save our money and trade down a few spots for Chop Robinson if that is all we want. It’d be cheaper and we’d even get another draft pick or two thrown in.
He really is. The dude is a 86.8 PFF score rusher, 48.0 Run defense and had all of 10 tackles last year, which, ironically are all from the 10 sacks :laugh1:

He has only really played any snaps one season, which is last season. I'm not gonna throw too much money at that.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I like Greenard as do it all starter who can get the Donald bump and who can be subbed on passing downs.

Can't imagine we're gonna be able to afford Hunter.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I like Greenard as do it all starter who can get the Donald bump and who can be subbed on passing downs.

Can't imagine we're gonna be able to afford Hunter.
The Hunter price & age have me realizing it’s probably not gonna happen.

WestCoastRam

Legend
The Hunter price & age have me realizing it’s probably not gonna happen.
Yeah, there's no great answer for our edge woes in FA. Maybe Mack for 2 years. But we need him to get cut, don't love spending picks on him with that contract.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Huff is young and is VERY good at getting to the QB. I’m good with the holes in his game. Like I said, he can sit on 1st down.
I don't love Huff because I think you can game plan against him more because of those holes and I probably won't like what we'll have to pay for his incomplete package on the open market.

I'd rather explore trading for the Eagles edge rushers.

Other than Hunter, I think the FA at pass rush will take a while to shake out, no one's getting a ton of money thrown at them right away in this class, so I think the Rams will have time to sus things out.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I don't love Huff because I think you can game plan against him more because of those holes and I probably won't like what we'll have to pay for his incomplete package on the open market.

I'd rather explore trading for the Eagles edge rushers.

Other than Hunter, I think the FA at pass rush will take a while to shake out, no one's getting a ton of money thrown at them right away in this class, so I think the Rams will have time to sus things out.
I’m just not a huge fan of trading unless it’s a true difference-maker or just excellent value opportunity.

And.. who knows? Maybe Huff can improve.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I’m just not a huge fan of trading unless it’s a true difference-maker or just excellent value opportunity.

And.. who knows? Maybe Huff can improve.
I'd trade for Reddick in a sec but think he wants a contract we won't give him. I think he had a down year in a bad situation last year but he was a top 5 rusher in 2022. I dunno, maybe the wheels feel off.

dang

Legend
Yeah, there's no great answer for our edge woes in FA. Maybe Mack for 2 years. But we need him to get cut, don't love spending picks on him with that contract.
The Rams gotta find a lot of starters this offseason. Again some thru FA, some thru Draft and the rest thru promotion.
I count 4 positions on defense that are already locked in: DT/Donald, NT/Turner-Brown, ILB/EJIII, Edge/BYoung. All remaining positions TBD.
Things are much more settled on offense with 7: QB/Stafford, RB/KWill, WR1/Kupp, WR2/Nacua, LG/Avilla, RG/Dotson, RT/Hav.
And we need another GD Kicker.

WestCoastRam

Legend
The Rams gotta find a lot of starters this offseason. Again some thru FA, some thru Draft and the rest thru promotion.
I count 4 positions on defense that are already locked in: DT/Donald, NT/Turner-Brown, ILB/EJIII, Edge/BYoung. All remaining positions TBD.
Things are much more settled on offense with 7: QB/Stafford, RB/KWill, WR1/Kupp, WR2/Nacua, LG/Avilla, RG/Dotson, RT/Hav.
And we need another GD Kicker.
I like Young but there's an outside scenario where we pick up a starter in FA and get Verse or Laitu in the draft and he becomes a third rusher and I wouldn't cry about that.

dang

Legend
I like Young but there's an outside scenario where we pick up a starter in FA and get Verse or Laitu in the draft and he becomes a third rusher and I wouldn't cry about that.
I could see that as well. Rams can’t fuck around with Edge this year so they must find a known commodity via FA and augment the position from the draft accordingly.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I'd trade for Reddick in a sec but think he wants a contract we won't give him. I think he had a down year in a bad situation last year but he was a top 5 rusher in 2022. I dunno, maybe the wheels feel off.
Maybe.
I’d still love Hunter.
Just gotta do something, for sure