Rams O Observations

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Schmitzer

UDFA
What I've been seeing

1. Routes run to space short of defender on 3rd down for "high" completion % plan is to break a tackle and get first down. Other teams targeting the space between defenders for a catch with 1st down distance. Its as if ever

2. Hitting the runner in stride is very rare. Remember Warner - every pass was in stride?

3. At the beginning of the year, WR were blocking, and doing a good job helping each other pick up an extra 5 yards. Has anyone seen this the last 3 weeks?

4. Too often Foles is giving up, and dumping it off on 3rd and long. I understand avoiding turnovers, but what has that got us. Pick your spots and go for it!

Big Willie

Starter
My observation are that:
  • Foles either doesn't trust his receivers or what he sees on the field or his receivers don't get open early in routes
  • Foles does not throw receivers open
  • The left side of the line struggles with blocking for the pass and the run
  • Cignetti is not calling much of his playbook or he doesn't have a lot of variety in the book
  • Gurley needs to stop jumping over people or he is gonna get hurt

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Until Foles or anyone else can be on the same page with the WRs or a WR and both see the same thing and actually beat pressure Ds are not going to let up. They will load the box and blitz to stuff run on way to QB. It cant be that difficult, other teams do it every week, shit they do it against the Rams D.