Rams Notebook; Austin sits out

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...cle_9a8cfa2a-6267-54c5-aba0-14c6786c0a5a.html

Tavon Austin did not practice Wednesday as the Rams began their on-field preparations for Sunday's game against the NFC South-leading New Orleans Saints at the Edward Jones Dome.

Austin hurt his ankle at the end of his 56-yard run on an end-around late in the third quarter Sunday in Arizona.

Others not practicing on Wednesday were cornerback Janoris Jenkins (back), cornerback Brandon McGee (foot) and running back Daryl Richardson (thigh).

For the Saints, five players, including starting nose tackle Brodrick Bunkley (back), sat out Wednesday's workout. Others missing practice were safety Rafael Bush (ankle), linebacker Keyunta Dawson (calf), tight end Josh Hill (hamstring) and tackle Terron Armstead (nose). Armstead, a Cahokia High product who went on to play at Arkansas-Pine Bluff was New Orleans' third-round draft choice (75th overall) last April.

ROSTER MOVES

The Rams have placed center Scott Wells (fibula) on injured reserve, ending his season. Wells, in his 10th season, was hurt late in the first half of the Rams' 23-13 loss to the 49ers in San Francisco.

Second-year pro Brandon Washington, a 6-foot-2, 318-pound guard, was promoted from the practice to fill the spot on the 53-man roster. Drafted by Philadelphia in the sixth round of the 2012 draft, Washington spent last season on the Rams practice squad and was inactive through the first seven games this season before being returned to the practice squad.

The vacated spot on the practice squad has been filled by linebacker Caleb McSurdy, a 6-1, 237-pounder out of the University of Montana, where he led the team in tackles in both his junior and senior seasons.

McSurdy was the Dallas' seventh-round selection in 2012, but spent last season on injured reserve after tearing his Achilles tendon that August. He was cut by the Cowboys prior to the 2013 campaign.

RAM-BLING

Arizona linebacker John Abraham was named NFC Defensive Player of the Week on Tuesday. The 35-year-old Abraham had six tackles, three sacks, a safety and a forced fumble in the Cardinals' 30-10 win over the Rams on Sunday. Abraham, who passed Lawrence Taylor and Leslie O'Neal to move into ninth on the NFL's all-time sacks list, leads all active players with 133 sacks and 48 forced fumbles.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Others not practicing on Wednesday were cornerback Janoris Jenkins (back), cornerback Brandon McGee (foot) and running back Daryl Richardson (thigh).
L
ook like the Rams are down to two healthy CB's Of Trumaine Johnson & Pointer....Not good when going up against the Saints.

ROSTER MOVES
The Rams have placed center Scott Wells (fibula) on injured reserve, ending his season. Wells, in his 10th season, was hurt late in the first half of the Rams' 23-13 loss to the 49ers in San Francisco.

Guess Center Tim Barnes graded good enough to send Wells to the IR & home with a broken leg. I wonder if Wells will be back ??? IMO with all the numerous injuries that have occurred since his arrival has placed him in the release material category. Sorry great guy but its business.

Second-year pro Brandon Washington, a 6-foot-2, 318-pound guard, was promoted from the practice to fill the spot on the 53-man roster. Drafted by Philadelphia in the sixth round of the 2012 draft, Washington spent last season on the Rams practice squad and was inactive through the first seven games this season before being returned to the practice squad.

Brandon Washington keeps returning & hanging in there like a hair in a biscuit. So our OL looks like this:
OLT-Long/Saffold
OLG-Williams/Saffold/Washington
OC-Barnes/Jones
ORG-Dahl/Saffold/Persons/Washington
ORT-Barksdale/ Saffold/Persons

Alan

Legend
BonifayRam commented:
Guess Center Tim Barnes graded good enough to send Wells to the IR & home with a broken leg. I wonder if Wells will be back ??? IMO with all the numerous injuries that have occurred since his arrival has placed him in the release material category. Sorry great guy but its business.

Barnes performance had no bearing at all in putting Barnes on IR. They had no choice and in fact needed to do that to be able to bring Brandon up to the 53.

That being said, what did you think of Barnes game? I just saw the game with my son and my own personal opinion was that he didn't embarrass himself but I sure hope he improves now that he has the opportunity to play in the real games. My son had a more charitable view than I did so I'm very interested in your opinion.

RamzFanz

Damnit
If Tavon can't go, they can just double his touches and give him 6 the next game.

Badda bing. :cheese:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
No reason to push it. We aren't winning the division or making the playoffs and TA has proven that he's a big play weapon. He's a piece of the puzzle.
I can't imagine what kind of damage he could do to a defense if he had a few legit weapons around him.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Yeah just let him sit out... we don't want anything to become an issue next year. I'd be anxious to see what Bailey could do with an extended role.