Rams not looking for GM.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Zero

Pro Bowler
And Snead is helping them find the new coach.
Great news for Snead Fans.

LINK

Last edited by a moderator:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Awesome! I really love how Snead and the scouts have gone about the drafts and UDFA pickups. Let's get a head coach who shares that vision.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Well, this will tell us one thing or the other. If he was being persuaded to draft a certain way, and thought he had a better plan, then we'll find out if that's the case. We do know that Snead likes him some offense, so we'll see I guess.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I'm thinking .... and it still could happen if they keep Snead, is they bring in someone with the designation "Chief/Head of Football Operations". That would make Kevin Demoff as the same COO ( Chief Operating Officer) who over sees the "business end" of the team. the New guy would be in charge of everything football related and Snead still keeping the "GM/ Player aquisitions" spot. the New guy would just be the guy overseeing everyone under KD so that everyone is inline and on the same page. Snead really isn't the typical "GM" anyways. He doesn't hire/fire coaches and he doesn't do contracts ... he just handles player scouting

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'm ok with that. I'm generally not a fan of cleaning house unless it really looks like nothing is being done right. I know some question the amount of talent on the roster and I do too to an extent. But I think our talent level is better than what we've been seeing on Sundays so I will just hope it's more about systems and the HC than our GM.

Go Rams!!!

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Well, this will tell us one thing or the other. If he was being persuaded to draft a certain way, and thought he had a better plan, then we'll find out if that's the case. We do know that Snead likes him some offense, so we'll see I guess.
One thing I really liked about Snead was his dealing. Now the actual picks themselves may not have been all him, but how he worked the draft day trades has been pretty phenomenal as far as Rams value. Even the Goff trade .. we won;t know for sure for at least a couple more yrs, but what he worked and if we still get the 3rd Rd pick for JJ and keep our ow ... and a 4th for McCloud ... then that showed great vision. We would only be missing a #1 this yr

Zero

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It Does limit the Coaching Canidates a bit.
Alot of coaches want to pick or be the GM.
No real reason,but I've got hunch it's gonna be Shanahan.
And that would be fine by me.

Last edited:

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No real reason,but I've got hunch it's Shanahan.
I always thought that gms hire coaches?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
This means nothing and is very similar to what the Atlanta Falcons did with Thomas Dimitroff two years ago. Snead is still under contract with the Rams and they are going to make him part of the process, however, if they get a high profile Head Coach and he wants is own GM, then Snead is history, however, if the person they hire is okay with Snead, he will stay on.

IMO, they will look at many especially in the college ranks, but if David Shaw turns them down then they could go in a number of directions, but I don't believe Snead is on solid ground, it all depends on who the next head coach will be.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
No real reason,but I've got hunch it's gonna be Shanahan.

I think Demoff, Snead, and Shanahan Jr would all have Atlanta Falcon connections

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Snead is gone.

No new coach is going to want the stench of his failure with Fish. Also, I keep remembering him noting that if they'd had Keenum two years prior they would have been a playoff team. The dude went all in with Fisher's vision and was wrong, I don't want that type of GM. I want a guy who is his own guy, and one who is NOT going to get in the way of a head coaching hire.

The new coach will have someone in mind before he walks into that interview, along with his plans for everything else. That's who will get the job.

FRO

Legend
I'm ok with that. I'm generally not a fan of cleaning house unless it really looks like nothing is being done right. I know some question the amount of talent on the roster and I do too to an extent. But I think our talent level is better than what we've been seeing on Sundays so I will just hope it's more about systems and the HC than our GM.

Go Rams!!!
I see this as a 6-8 win team. I don't see much talent on offense and the defensive talent has regressed since 2013/2014. That being said there are some nice young building blocks to start with.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Mixed emotions, I suppose we are subscribing to the Les was handcuffed theory because honestly our talent acquisition in relation to our assets has been nominal to average. Lets hope les and whomever can right the ship no way to really know what Les has to offer.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Chill out peeps. Very rarely do coaches get to pick their boss (General Manager) and when they do, they typically don't have as much say as one would think. I think Snead had a lot of input, but final say came from Fish. I still think Les has an eye for talent and still has room to grow.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
I think Snead ends up getting demoted like Demitroff in Atlanta. I see the Rams bringing in more help in the personnel department. Snead is an asset he bright alot of high upside talent in that did not reach their potential under Fisher and his staff especially on the offensive side of the ball. Snead May not be good enough to run the whole show, but definitely deserves to be a contributor.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
One thing I really liked about Snead was his dealing. Now the actual picks themselves may not have been all him, but how he worked the draft day trades has been pretty phenomenal as far as Rams value. Even the Goff trade .. we won;t know for sure for at least a couple more yrs, but what he worked and if we still get the 3rd Rd pick for JJ and keep our ow ... and a 4th for McCloud ... then that showed great vision. We would only be missing a #1 this yr

You make a good point. I'm not gonna sit here and say every pick was great, but I love how great Snead is at making deals.