Rams Next Player Transaction?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Brockers is getting a hefty pay check this season. He is making over $11 million. Brockers has not taken advantage of all those Aaron Donald double & triple teams this early season. Not sure Brockers is highly sought after at this time in this 2019 season.

March 2020 UFA'cy of Brockers & Fowler should net Snead a 3rd & 4th round awarded comp selections in 2021 draft. Snead just traded his 2021 1st/ 4th & 5th round selections so getting those Comp picks will help.

Last edited:

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Brockers is getting a hefty pay check this season. He is making over $11 million. Brockers has not taken advantage of all those Aaron Donald double & triple teams this early season. Not sure Brockers is highly sought after.

March 2020 UFA'cy of Brockers & Fowler should net Snead a 3rd & 4th round awarded comp selections in 2021 draft. Snead just traded his 2021 1st/ 4th & 5th round selections so getting those Comp picks will help.

If Brockers will be coveted enough to fetch a 4th round comp pick, then he should be coveted enough by a team in need to get a decent pick in trade - maybe not a 4th, but a pick plus a backup that the Rams would like.

Either he has value now, or he will get a small enough contract in free agency that he would only fetch a late pick in compensation. Which is it?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Cooks stays put.

If the Rams traded Fowler for a draft pick, Obo would start in his place and I would bring up either Durham or Polite from the practice squad, whoever has looked better in practice. Edge goes to Durham as Polite has only been here for a couple weeks.

If Brockers were traded for a draft pick, Sebastian Joseph-Day, Gaines & Fox see an increased work load, and I bring up Marquis Copeland from the practice squad. jmo.
I really like the potential of Copeland in the 5 tech post as a run stopper.

If there were a need for someone to play the 5 tech behind the new starter Morgan Fox ........I bet that OLB Og Okoronkwo @ 6-2 260 would stand out much better @ DE/ 5 tech than most think. It's a natural position for him IMO.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
If Brockers will be coveted enough to fetch a 4th round comp pick, then he should be coveted enough by a team in need to get a decent pick in trade - maybe not a 4th, but a pick plus a backup that the Rams would like.

Either he has value now, or he will get a small enough contract in free agency that he would only fetch a late pick in compensation. Which is it?
There is a difference between March 2020 free agency & today ....well into 2019 season with trade deadline closing.

Brockers as a 2020 free agent is afforded the time to shop his talents & skills backpack between many different bidding teams. He will be able to seek & find a team who covets him after a good bit of time at the best offer. That offer should bring @ least a 4th round comp selection.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There is a difference between March 2020 free agency & today ....well into 2019 season with trade deadline closing.

Brockers as a 2020 free agent is afforded the time to shop his talents & skills backpack between many different bidding teams. He will be able to seek & find a team who covets him after a good bit of time at the best offer. That offer should bring @ least a 4th round comp selection.

Of course, a playoff contender who thinks he is a good fit and a good player who has a need is likely to overpay - especially if they believe they will get a comp pick for him. If the Bears felt they would get a comp pick for him in 2021 in the 4th, they wouldn't mind trading for him to help this season with a 4th plus a player, since they would net a similar pick anyway and would need to cut somebody if they trade for him.

So IF Brockers is valuable enough to give a big contract to this offseason, then he should be valuable enough for a contender with a hole to trade for him with good value given. They would be expecting to get over a half season (plus hopefully playoff time) of quality play, plus the comp pick you have said he would fetch. It is silly to think that he will fetch a very good comp pick, but that he apparently does not have trade value now.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
The Bears have the cap room. They have a need. They don't have any 3rd or 4th round picks and we aren't desperate to dump salary.

I looked at their roster and didn't see anyone they'd potentially be willing to part with that could help us. They're not super deep on the OL. and really OL and maybe a man cover CB to add to the stable would be all we'd need, but definitely OL.

Since the Bears don't have players or picks to deal for Brockers, I don't see it happening.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I suspect our D line wouldn't be all that menacing with only AD and Brockers gone. Even Robert Quinn's absence was felt because he could get after the QB. If not, everyone will triple team AD and we won't have a pass rush.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Brockers value does not come from what he has done on the field the last 8 seasons but some of his value to this Rams team is measured on what he is in the locker room here in LA. Longest termed Ram at the moment & with Wade having to play "two first season NT's" in the middle makes Brockers value that more valued.

Other than Aaron Donald the rest of the DL cadre is not well known or do they have much experience. Besides the two NT's, Tanzel Smart is a seldom used reserve who spent his first two seasons on the MR53 as a bench warmer. This season his snap count is up considerably but his performance is only marginally improved. He is not much of a pass rusher behind AD nor is his run stopping consistent. But he is healthy & plays cheap that's the best the Rams can hope for now.

Morgan Fox backs up Brockers & did so back in 2017. He has been a Ram since he went UDFA back in 2016. He was injured all last season after he had won a starting position @ LER post bad luck for him. He is still wearing a XL brace on that surgically repaired knee. Fox however is a perfect fit for Wade's DL either @ the 3 tech or the 5 tech post. Recently he had been getting some NT snaps in passing situations when Wade remains in his base 34. Even though he has been here for 4 seasons he has only 2 starts of experience. He is the best of the reserves at this time.

The only other DL'er signed is 5 tech DE Marquise Copeland who is a rookie UDFA who is mean & much more run stopper than pass rusher. I also think OG Okoronkwo has more DL'er in him than OLB'er.

Rainram

Starter
- I tend to like Brockers more than most here.

- No way is Fowler going anywhere. He’s our only pass rush outside of AD

- Cooks is a great WR and not going anywhere either.

- Our issues were CB (even before Talib went on IR) and OLine. The CB situation is as fixed as it’s gonna get. The defense as a whole, with Ramsey/AD/Fowler/et. al., is good enough to get us W’s. Hopefully we can go 6-1 and then get Matthews and either JJ/Talib back to make a strong push in December. But I think our Defense is what it is.

- OLine is a huge issue. Goff has always been more Brady-esque than Rodgers-esque. He needs an OLine.
Havs has been THE biggest disappointment this year and it’s not even close. Our middle is suspect and teams are going to constantly blow up up the middle of our line until it’s fixed. Any success our team has this year depends on how this line gets fixed...or doesn’t.

- I don’t see any other moves coming mid-season.