Rams Next Player Transaction?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
Can we expect the Rams to make anymore Trades/FA Signings in the upcoming days or do you think after the WHIRLWIND of Activities they had yesterday that they will be relatively quiet for awhile now? I would think they would be pretty much done but NOTHING the Rams/Snead/McVay do surprises me anymore!

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
wouldn’t surprise me to see something happen I have a strange feeling we aren’t done yet ... maybe offload a player for picks ? Maybe a shocker like Gurley or cooks ... but with the cap implications I wouldn’t of thought so but I don’t think they are done

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I wouldn't be surprised if a play-off bound team made an offer for Fowler, the Rams have enough depth at the position to absorb the loss imo.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I wouldn't be surprised if a play-off bound team made an offer for Fowler, the Rams have enough depth at the position to absorb the loss imo.

eh i dunno about that. We have unproven guys playing. As much as people love to hate on Fowler he hasn't really played poorly.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
eh i dunno about that. We have unproven guys playing. As much as people love to hate on Fowler he hasn't really played poorly.
He also hasn't played well and with the jumping off sides I would like to see him traded. I will be glad to see him go after this season.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

I don't 'hate' Fowler in the least, although I do see him as a costly soon to be free agent who hasn't produced as expected. The Rams paid a lot for Fowler, I wouldn't mind recovering some of that. With Matthews out temporarily, I doubt the Rams let him go, but I would certainly consider it if the compensation was right. I believe Obo could handle it. jmo.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Who would have value to a contender but not a deal breaking contract and is a loss that the Rams can make up for? Fowler, and Cooks are the only two that I can think of. Maybe Woods. If the Rams use more 12 personnel, then a receiver will be sitting more often.

Fowler has been alright but his play in the playoffs last year could draw some interest. I don’t know that they could absorb a subtraction anywhere else.

If they traded Brockers to Chicago, who just lost Hicks for the season, I guess that could work, but who takes his reps? Would they put Gaines in more as a pass rusher? It could work I guess. Donald, SJD, Gaines would be tougher to run on.

But no contender would give up Oline or Oline depth. I think that Snead would try to get draft picks.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'm looking at Cooks and Fowler, if we see another transaction. We can't afford to lose more picks, and honestly, we need picks without needing to trade down.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Who would have value to a contender but not a deal breaking contract and is a loss that the Rams can make up for? Fowler, and Cooks are the only two that I can think of. Maybe Woods. If the Rams use more 12 personnel, then a receiver will be sitting more often.

Fowler has been alright but his play in the playoffs last year could draw some interest. I don’t know that they could absorb a subtraction anywhere else.

If they traded Brockers to Chicago, who just lost Hicks for the season, I guess that could work, but who takes his reps? Would they put Gaines in more as a pass rusher? It could work I guess. Donald, SJD, Gaines would be tougher to run on.

But no contender would give up Oline or Oline depth. I think that Snead would try to get draft picks.

Cooks stays put.

If the Rams traded Fowler for a draft pick, Obo would start in his place and I would bring up either Durham or Polite from the practice squad, whoever has looked better in practice. Edge goes to Durham as Polite has only been here for a couple weeks.

If Brockers were traded for a draft pick, Sebastian Joseph-Day, Gaines & Fox see an increased work load, and I bring up Marquis Copeland from the practice squad. jmo.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
My choice would be to move Fowler, not because he has disappointed me. To the contrary, I think he has played well. My motives for moving him would be that we won't resign him and I think, of our current tradeable players, he garners the most in terms of picks.

If someone overpaid and gave us a 2, we could offer that to Washington for Scherff (cap issues aside). Just dreaming I know but....

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Noone was hating on Fowler around week 2. But for some reason the tune has changed.

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
I think if there is another trade it will be for a lineman and will be with a team that is basically out of the playoff race and is willing to dump veterans for draft picks. Cordy Glenn of the Bengals might fit that bill. Bengals drafted his replacement in the 2019 draft but that player got hurt. While he is an LT he also can play guard. This years salary is 9.25 million so that may be doable.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Can we expect the Rams to make anymore Trades/FA Signings or do you think they will be relatively quiet now?

This guy enjoys the adrenaline rush like an addicted gambler sitting at the big table inside Czar's palace.

Just look at his face. It tells you he squirms waiting for his next chance to pounce on any chips remaining on the felt table.

ff97c91dded323e97f535ba15a6b58f7-e1388430793708.jpeg

7aLQ.gif

dang

Legend
Trade cooks for a Trent Williams. Pick up Antonio Brown. I hate Brown but everyone deserves an eighth chance.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I could see Brockers going if the offer is right. He was quite good as a 4-3 DT - but not near as good since he became a 3-4 DE. I could see him going for a player the Rams want, plus some sort of draft pick. But the Rams are not in trade the farm mode. I think that Snead believes the Rams can still make noise in the playoffs, with the right players picked up. They are 3-3 - but they just picked up possibly the best CB in the league and got rid of a guy who has been a liability there. I think they believe they have strengthened ILB. I suspect they think that the OL should be stronger going forward. Noteboom has not played well - so his injury does not necessarily hurt the team, with Corbett coming in. I'm not sure they are right - but Corbett does better fit the Rams' blocking scheme than the Browns'. IF there is the right trade offer for Brockers it could happen - but they won't trade him just to trade him. It would need to be something that the Rams think would help them this year, AND give them a bit of value going forward whether in a player or a draft pick.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Trade cooks for a Trent Williams. Pick up Antonio Brown. I hate Brown but everyone deserves an eighth chance.
MerryPoliticalIndianspinyloach-small.gif

*whistle* Personal foul! @dang Mentioning Antonio Brown and not using blue font. 15 post penalty. Automatic first down.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I could see Brockers going if the offer is right. He was quite good as a 4-3 DT - but not near as good since he became a 3-4 DE. I could see him going for a player the Rams want, plus some sort of draft pick. But the Rams are not in trade the farm mode. I think that Snead believes the Rams can still make noise in the playoffs, with the right players picked up. They are 3-3 - but they just picked up possibly the best CB in the league and got rid of a guy who has been a liability there. I think they believe they have strengthened ILB. I suspect they think that the OL should be stronger going forward. Noteboom has not played well - so his injury does not necessarily hurt the team, with Corbett coming in. I'm not sure they are right - but Corbett does better fit the Rams' blocking scheme than the Browns'. IF there is the right trade offer for Brockers it could happen - but they won't trade him just to trade him. It would need to be something that the Rams think would help them this year, AND give them a bit of value going forward whether in a player or a draft pick.

The only reasons I thought of Brockers was as you say, he fits a 4/3 better and the Bears recently lost Akiem Hicks to IR. The Bears OLine was very good against the Rams last year and I'm guessing that they could have a decent backup or two. The other reason is that Brockers contract ends after this season, so it's not like moving a piece of the future. Otherwise, he hasn't played all that bad this year, but that just increased his trade value.