Rams News Recap: Sept. 18

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Rams notes: Williams uses ‘song’ to prepare D-line for cut-blocks –PD
“Cut me, cut me, cut me, cut me, cut me…’ An original song from Gregg Williams. It’s a catchy little tune from the Rams’ defensive coordinator and has been featured this week as the team’s defensive linemen prepare to face the Washington Redskins on Sunday at FedEx Field in Landover, Md.

RB Picture still Cloudy, but Johnson’s a go at CB –PD
Looks like the Rams’ running back mystery will continue right up to Sunday in Washington. Todd Gurley (knee) and Tre Mason (hamstring) were both full participants Friday, the last full-scale day of the practice week.

Rams expect to have options at RB vs. Washington –PD
To open his post-practice session with the media on Friday at Rams Park, head coach Jeff Fisher was asked about his running back situation heading into Sunday’s noon game against the Washington Redskins at FedEx Field in Landover, Md.

Dick Vermeil, Charley Armey have high hopes for Rams, St. Louis –Wagoner
Former St. Louis Rams coach Dick Vermeil was in town this week for a couple of wine events and to help induct former Rams defensive end Kevin Carter into the city’s Sports Hall of Fame.

Slowing Redskins’ Run Game is Rams’ Top Priority in Week 2 –Wagoner
Ask any member of the St. Louis Rams defensive line, and he’ll tell you that rushing the passer is a right that must be earned.

The Rams Special Teams Unit is Ready to Turn Heads
The locker room has cleared after a recent Rams practice, but wide receiver and special teams member Bradley Marquez sticks around, describing what went through his head on the key play of the Rams’ 34-31 win over the Seahawks.

Bernie: Game at Washington is a ‘Must Win’ for Rams
The Rams under head coach Jeff Fisher have tantalized us before. Good football, inspired effort, an upset win, raised hopes, then … poof.

Rams RBs Todd Gurley, Tre Mason Listed as Questionable –Wagoner
While acknowledging that his team’s depth at running back is in better shape than a week ago, St. Louis Rams coach Jeff Fisher is still playing it coy when it comes to the status of backs Todd Gurley and Tre Mason.

Rams Practice Report 9/18: Preparing for Cousins, Washington
Last week, the Rams used a complete team performance to defeat the Seahawks in the season opener. On Friday, defensive coordinator Gregg Williams said he was pleased with the way his unit performed.

Is it Tavon Time … Finally? –Mort/Schefter
When Tavon Austin lined up in the Rams’ backfield and took a handoff from Nick Foles to run 16 yards for a touchdown in their win over the Seahawks, it was one of the ways Rams coach Jeff Fisher and GM Les Snead had always envisioned Austin could be utilized when they made him the eighth pick of the 2013 draft.

A Look at the Weirder Side of Rams Punter Johnny Hekker
Anyone familiar with Johnny Hekker knows the Rams punter is always up for a laugh. Talking to him in person, it isn’t hard to imagine him as a college friend daring you to say something crazy to the pretty girl at the bar.

Joe Theismann: Rams a ‘Heck of a Football Team’ –Audio

Nick Wagoner – Looks Ahead At The Rams Backfield vs. Washington –Audio

Dick Stockton: The Rams Depth is Impressive –Audio

Jim Thomas Previews Rams-Redskins Match-Up –Audio

Fisher: Foles Has Been Everything And More –Audio

Rams Change Practice Days to Stay Fresh for Sunday’s –Video

Rams Look to Go 2-0 for First Time Since 2001 –Video

Rams’ Pass Rush Will be Too Much For Redskins to Handle –Video

Sando: Kirk Cousins Has A 12.7 QBR on 3rd Down –Video

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor