Rams News Recap: May 28

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
New Student Guide: Aaron Donald Enters NFL
Aaron Donald, with his one-year-old daughter wedged between his biceps, squared up in front of Savoy Restaurant as family members surrounded him to pose for pictures before his big moment.

Rams Officially Sign Free-Agent Guard Davin Joseph –FSMW
The St. Louis Rams officially announced the signing of free-agent guard Davin Joseph to a one-year deal Wednesday.

Instant Scouting Report: Davin Joseph –Softli
The St. Louis Rams have inked two-time Pro Bowl offensive guard Davin Joseph, 30, to a one-year contract.

Rams Rookie Profile: Garrett Gilbert –Video

Rams’ Post-Draft Position Outlook: WR –Wagoner
With the NFL draft and free agency complete, the St. Louis Rams’ 53-man roster will likely come mostly from the players already on the team.

Morning Ram-blings: Summer Trades? –Wagoner
With the draft and the meat of free agency over, it’s unlikely the St. Louis Rams will make any more major roster moves between now and training camp. That’s probably the case for most of the league.

Rams’ Post-Draft Position Outlook: TE –Wagoner
With the NFL draft and free agency complete, the St. Louis Rams’ 53-man roster will likely come mostly from the players already on the team.

Wagoner’s Rams Buzz: Greg Robinson –Video

Sink or Swim: RGIII, Sam Bradford, Cutler and Dalton –Video

Tony Softli Talks Rams OTA’s –Radio Interview

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Morning Ram-blings: Rams add two
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/8842/morning-ram-blings-rams-add-two

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- In lieu of leading with a discussion of a link to an outside source, I figure we'll kick off today's activity by taking care of a couple of housekeeping duties.

First, the St. Louis Rams did indeed make it official with guard Davin Joseph on Wednesday afternoon, announcing the signing via Twitter. That was no surprise, as we reported Tuesday night that Joseph was in the process of finalizing a one-year deal with the team. Simply because this space in the Ram-blings would feel naked without a link, here's the blog post from Tuesday in which I discussed how Joseph will fit in St. Louis.

I'll have more on Joseph next week when the Rams have organized team activities and the accompanying availability. I'll also be sure to pass along the numbers on his contract when those come available -- though we do know it's a one-year deal at this point.

While Joseph is mostly a depth signing, he does come with a pair of Pro Bowls on the resume. Although Joseph is a name many know, the Rams also added another, lesser-known piece to the roster this week. They signed former McNeese State receiver/returner Diontae Spencer earlier this week.

Spencer signed with the Chicago Bears after the draft but the Bears put him back on the market right away and the Rams pounced. The 5-foot-9, 161-pound Spencer built a reputation amongst those who follow small-school college football for his speed and elusiveness. He'll have an uphill climb to make the roster but could get some chances to prove himself as a returner in preseason.

I.C.Y.M.I.

A roundup of Wednesday's Rams stories appearing on ESPN.com. ... The Ram-blings began the day with a look at possible trades around the leagues and involving the Rams. ... In this week's NFL Nation Buzz, we discuss the coming development of first-round pick Greg Robinson as he moves to left guard. ... Finally, we continued the post-draft position outlook series with an examination of the Rams' current depth chart at tight end and receiver.

Elsewhere:

As always, good stuff from Dan Graziano on things he liked during what could be viewed as a tumultuous offseason for the NFL.

Jane McManus provides an interesting read making the argument for female referees to get their shot at work in the NFL.

Stlouisrams.com reviews the team's offseason.