Rams News Recap: May 14

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Christian Bryant ready to take his shot after losing most of his senior season to injury –PD
Ohio State safety Christian Bryant was doing what he had done countless times.

Rams Notebook: 7th-Round selection Rhaney Has a Story to Tell
During Tuesday’s news conference to introduce the draft picks at Rams Park in Earth City, general manager Les Snead kicked off the session for the third-day selections with a request.

ESPN’s John Clayton: Rams Aced the NFL Draft –Radio Interview

Will Documentary Distract Michael Sam from Goal? –Wagoner
It should come as no surprise that St. Louis Rams coach Jeff Fisher contacted former player Wade Davis to speak to his team about how to embrace and accept Michael Sam, the league’s first openly gay player.

Wade Davis Addresses Rams on Michael Sam –Wagoner
Soon after making the decision to make Michael Sam the first openly gay player drafted to the NFL, St. Louis Rams coach Jeff Fisher placed a phone call to an old friend.

Oprah Acquires Rights to Michael Sam Series –ESPN
The Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) announced on Wednesday that it had purchased the rights to a documentary series that will follow the life of Michael Sam. Terms were undisclosed, but sources said that negotiations to make the deal took two months.

Projecting Rams Depth Chart: Offense –Wagoner
Free agency and the NFL draft are over and the St. Louis Rams will soon be back on the field for organized team activities. Soon enough, training camp will be here and the competition will heat up.

2014 NFL Draft: Q&A on DT Aaron Donald –TST
Who knows a prospect better than the college fan who watched him play for their team? Here’s some inside info from Anson Whaley from Cardiac Hill, the SB Nation community for Pitt fans.

Robinson Finds Right Fit with Rams –Wagoner
Every so often in his time at Auburn, offensive tackle Greg Robinson would find himself in search of some solitude, the chance to steal a little peace and quiet or perhaps even a nap from the day-to-day grind.

Morning Ram-blings: Some QB Perspective –Wagoner
On Tuesday afternoon, ESPN Insider Mike Sando posted another of his usual insightful pieces, this time regarding what is needed from rookie quarterbacks Insider who could start in NFL cities like Jacksonville, Cleveland and Minneapolis.

Les Snead Talks Drafting Michael Sam With Jim Rome –Video

Jim Thomas Talks Rams Draft

Nick Wagoner’s Rams Buzz: Keeping Up with the NFC West

Bernie’s Ram Bytes: Yes, Michael Sam can make the Rams
I know many of you are tired of reading and hearing about Michael Sam. But for now, I have only one thing to add. And it’s all about football. Nothing but football. The question: Can Sam make the 53-man roster to open the regular season?

Rams GM Les Snead on “SiriusXM Blitz”: Drafting Michael Sam was Bigger Than Football –Radio Interview

Davis and Jeremiah Go Inside the NFC West War Rooms –Video

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Morning Ram-blings: A 2015 mock draft
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/8485/morning-ram-blings-a-2015-mock-draft

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- If you didn't get mock draft burnout with the extra two weeks leading up to the 2014 NFL draft, well, you're in luck. Because the fun has already begun anew.

Courtesy of resident draft analyst Todd McShay, the first 2015 mock draft Insider was brought to the masses on Wednesday afternoon. I know, I know, why would we care about a mock draft this far out from the real thing? Well, I firmly believe that things like mock drafts are something people complain about the proliferation of but then dutifully click and read.

If nothing else, McShay offers some insight into the players who figure to be in the conversation as potential first rounders next year. Some will follow through on that and others will fall off over the course of the next 12 months.

So as not to stir up hard feelings, McShay used the projected records from Football Outsiders to come up with the order. Those projections have the Rams at 6-10 and drafting seventh. Clearly, that's not what Rams fans are hoping to hear.

For what it's worth, McShay has the Rams taking Iowa offensive tackle Brandon Scherff with that pick. Another tackle might seem extraneous after taking Greg Robinson this year but right tackle Joe Barksdale is scheduled for free agency after the season and Jake Long is recovering from a knee injury.

But I have to think if somehow the Rams did go 6-10 in 2014, what happened at the quarterback position? My guess is that it wasn't very good or the record would have been better which leads me to believe in this imaginary scenario, the Rams would look in that direction with that pick.

Again, this is all for fun and not worth getting upset over but something to ponder as we look to the future.

I.C.Y.M.I.

A roundup of Wednesday's Rams stories appearing on ESPN.com. ... We began the day with the Ram-blings examining the success of young quarterbacks when matched up against elite defenses. ... Next came this week's version of the Buzz video in which a 50 Cent reference was made and we discussed the rookie class. ... From there, we got into the many ways in which Greg Robinson fits the Rams. ... We then offered one man's (read: mine) take on how the offensive depth chart will shake out heading into organized team activities. ... Next, we provided the news that Wade Davis, the executive director of You Can Play and a former NFL player, spoke to the Rams at Jeff Fisher's request Monday. ...From there, we examined whether Michael Sam is doing all he can to make it about football.

Elsewhere:

To go with McShay's mock draft, columnist Jeffri Chadiha takes a look at the potential of the quarterback class for next year.

ESPN sports business reporter Darren Rovell offers the news that Michael Sam is a part of a documentary series for the Oprah Winfrey Network.

At stltoday.com, Bernie Miklasz offers his take on Sam's chances of making the Rams.

Jim Thomas chronicles the arrival of the Rams' top two draft picks.

At 101sports.com, Randy Karraker writes that the Rams have their chance to gain relevance in 2014.