Rams News Recap for March 11

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Rams News Items From March 11

All quiet for Rams on first day of free agency –PD
Apparently, the Rams weren’t kidding when saying they were unlikely to be players in the early going of free agency.

Jason La Canfora Free Agency Winners/Losers –Video

Rams Stand Pat in Early Free-Agent Rush –Wagoner
In the first hour of 2014 NFL free agency, more than 25 players agreed to or signed new contracts. The action came fast for offensive tackles and safeties while receivers and running backs waited.

Jim Thomas Rams Chat Highlights: March 11

Rams make right call letting Saffold leave –Wagoner

Even before the end of the 2013 NFL season, I was not shy in expressing my belief in the importance of the St. Louis Rams retaining offensive lineman Rodger Saffold.

Closer Look at Rams’ Cap Before Free Agency –Wagoner
The St. Louis Rams aren’t likely to be big spenders in this year’s free-agent market when it opens at 4 p.m. ET today. But that doesn’t mean they don’t have the resources to make a move or two, even a fairly pricy one if they so choose.

Morning Ram-blings: So long Saffold? –Wagoner
For the better part of the past six months, we’ve believed that the St. Louis Rams and offensive lineman Rodger Saffold would part ways in the 2014 offseason.

What to Watch in Rams’ Free Agency –Wagoner
Finally, mercifully, the official start of free agency is almost upon us. As we count down the minutes until the start of the new league year at 4 p.m. ET, here are some last minute thoughts, nuggets and things to watch for the St. Louis Rams when the time finally arrives.

Bernie: Rams Have No Glaring Weaknesses? –Video

Tony Softli Talks Saffold, O-Line, and Draft –Radio Interview

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Morning Ram-blings: Around free agency
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/6667/morning-ram-blings-around-free-agency

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- Instead of the usual start to the morning with a link to a story written about the St. Louis Rams and some thoughts on it, we're going to start today with an easy way to recap all that took place on free agency's opening day.

It was a wild start with plenty of money being thrown around and it was a good day to be an offensive lineman or a safety.

In this thread, our team of 32 NFL Nation reporters and others have the full rundown with news, opinion and analysis on all of the day's happenings.

To go with that, you can keep tabs on all the free agents in a thumbnail, sortable fashion with Bill Polian's free-agent tracker.

Peruse at your leisure.

I.C.Y.M.I.

A roundup of Tuesday's Rams stories appearing on ESPN.com. ... In the Ram-blings, we discussed the pending departure of offensive lineman Rodger Saffold. ... In this week's Buzz video, we took a look at how I see free agency playing out for the Rams. ... Next, we took a look at the Rams' projected salary-cap situation heading into free agency. ... From there, we offered some final thoughts only minutes before the madness started with a warning that the Rams might not be all that active right away. ... Here's the news story on Saffold's departure. And I followed that with my reaction to it. ... Finally, we capped a busy day with a recap of the Rams' inactivity.

Elsewhere:

Raiders reporter Paul Gutierrez offers his thoughts on Oakland's move to sign Saffold.

NFL Insider Mike Sando offers some potential destinations for cornerback Darrelle Revis, including a Rams mention in this Insider piece.

At stltoday.com, Jim Thomas writes that the Rams' offensive line options are thin and that was before the free-agent period began.

Columnist Bernie Miklasz disagrees with the idea that the Rams don't have any glaring needs.