Rams News Recap: Feb. 4

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
What do Rams do for the state? Missouri House committee will analyze that –PD
As the St. Louis Rams discussion rages on, a Missouri House committee soon will begin analyzing the benefit of having an NFL team in the city.

How the Rams Fared From the 1-yard Line –Wagoner
The now infamous decision by the Seattle Seahawks to throw from New England’s 1-yard line in Sunday’s Super Bowl loss has been panned as one of the worst calls in league history by pundits and analysts.

Morning Ram-blings: St. Louis stadium efforts ramping up –Wagoner
According to Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch and stltoday.com, the group working toward getting a new stadium built in St. Louis has taken another step in the ongoing process of seeing the project through to a finish.

Rams to Start Making Free-Agent Decisions –Video

NFL Quarterback Survey: What We Learned –Video

Rob Rang Talks 1st Round WR’s –Video

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Morning Ram-blings: The QB project
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/16011/morning-ram-blings-the-qb-project

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- If you haven't yet had a chance to check out the latest project from all of us here at NFL Nation, I strongly suggest carving out some time to explore the "where do quarterbacks come from" study conducted by our 32 reporters across the league.

This incredibly cool interactive graphic takes a look at which states delivered the 91 NFL quarterbacks who spent time on a roster this season.

NFL Nation columnist Kevin Seifert then took a much closer look at some of the findings from the survey.

Here's a state by state breakdown of the quarterbacks.

Clearly, California and Texas are the two states that produce the most quarterbacks, which probably doesn't come as much of a surprise. Interestingly, the St. Louis Rams had two quarterbacks, practice squad player Garrett Gilbert and Case Keenum, from either of those states (Texas). The others who were actually on the roster most of the year -- Sam Bradford, Shaun Hill and Austin Davis -- are from less productive states such as Oklahoma, Kansas and Mississippi, respectively.

The other thing that was interesting was that so many quarterbacks came from two-parent households. In fact, Bradford, Hill, Davis and Gilbert all came from two-parent households. I also noticed a trend among that group that all but one had a parent who was a teacher at some level.

Anyway, it's worth checking out the project and seeing some of the common traits shared by so many of the league's quarterbacks.

I.C.Y.M.I.

A roundup of Wednesday's Rams stories appearing on ESPN.com. ... In the Ram-blings, we started the day with a look at the newest hire helping on the St. Louis stadium project. ... In this week's Buzz video, we took an early look at the Rams' top priorities for free agency. ... We then examined how the Rams did from their opponents' 1-yard line in 2014. ... We closed the day by looking ahead to linebacker Kevin Greene's Hall of Fame candidacy next year.

Elsewhere:

Seahawks receiver Doug Baldwin was fined for his celebration during the Super Bowl.
Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch was not fined for, well, anything.
At 101sports.com, Anthony Stalter writes that Malcolm Butler has earned more credit than he's getting for his game-winning interception.
At stltoday.com, the Missouri House committee intends to find out what impact the Rams bring to St. Louis.
There's some Rams discussion in columnist Joe Strauss' weekly chat.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
According to Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch and stltoday.com, the group working toward getting a new stadium built in St. Louis has taken another step in the ongoing process of seeing the project through to a finish.
I wish them well, and I personally hope it's an open air stadium. I like games played in different weather situations! rainy! muddy! Nasty weather makes for nasty football!!:D

" No DUH! Who doesn't know this^!!