Rams News Recap: Dec. 30

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Sam Bradford: No Problem if Rams Add QB –AP
Sam Bradford said rehab from knee surgery has been an easier process the second time around.

Strauss: Fisher Isn’t Playing Blame Game –PD
The Rams put a bow on 2014 Tuesday afternoon as Jeff Fisher fulfilled his league-mandated chore of taking questions about what transpired the past four months. They also presented Sam Bradford as the head coach’s warm-up act, a portent for what probably lay ahead.

Rams starting job not assured for Bradford in 2015 –PD
There will be competition next year for the Rams’ starting quarterback job. Coach Jeff Fisher made that official Tuesday. And Sam Bradford is OK with that.

Fisher Gives Schottenheimer Vote of Confidence –PD
Coach Jeff Fisher gave offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer what sounded like a strong vote of confidence Tuesday in his wrap-up news conference at Rams Park.

Sam Bradford has Unfinished Business with Rams –Wagoner
After listening to St. Louis Rams coach Jeff Fisher talk Tuesday afternoon, a muddled quarterback position gained a little bit of clarity in terms of what the plan is moving forward.

Rams Want Sam Bradford Back –Wagoner
The St. Louis Rams’ quarterback job is officially open.

Win Total Down One, but Rams Optimistic They’re Close –AP
Nobody knows about the St. Louis Rams’ lean times like Chris Long, drafted second overall in 2008 and still waiting for his first playoff appearance.

Rams hand out team awards and Robert Quinn is team MVP –Wagoner
The St. Louis Rams announced their in-house team awards for the 2014 season with defensive end Robert Quinn taking home the Most Valuable Player honors for the second consecutive year.

Morning Ram-blings: Changes in the West –Wagoner
The St. Louis Rams didn’t beat the Seattle Seahawks on Sunday, but that doesn’t mean they came away from the season’s final weekend empty-handed.

Rams QB Sam Bradford: “I just want to get back on the field” –Video

Jeff Fisher End of the Year Presser –Video

The Jeff Fisher Show – December 29, 2014 –Video

Wagoner: It’s Time for the Rams to “take the next step” and Stop Talking About It –Audio

Matt Bowen explains why “Sam Bradford’s gotta be the guy” –Audio

Joe Barksdale: “I want to come back” –Video

James Laurinaitis on 2014 Rams’ Inconsistencies –Audio

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Morning Ram-blings: Offseason priorities
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/15112/morning-ram-blings-offseason-priorities

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- ESPN NFL Insider Matt Williamson and some of the Insider crew participated in a project where they offered offseason fixes for every team that didn't qualify for this year's playoffs.

That group, of course, includes the St. Louis Rams. Williamson took on the task of identifying and prioritizing the Rams' needs for 2015. For ESPN Insiders, it's certainly worth your time.

Without giving away all that Williamson had to say, he makes it clear that he views the Rams' top needs as quarterback, offensive line and cornerback. In my estimation, he nailed it.

That's not going out on a limb but he offered sound logic and reasoning for each of those needs.

I would probably put those needs in a similar fashion with quarterback as top priority followed by offensive line, more offensive line and another outside cornerback.

The Rams clearly view their needs in similar fashion though I get the sense they don't view corner as pressing of a need as others might. Either way, the offense needs plenty of attention and that's something we can all agree on.

I.C.Y.M.I.

A roundup of Tuesday's Rams stories appearing on ESPN.com. ... In the Ram-blings, we started the day with a look at what's changing in San Francisco. ... The Rams handed out some team awards this week. ... The Rams finished No. 22 in the final ESPN NFL Power Rankings. ... The Rams made it clear there will be competition at quarterback even if Sam Bradford is back. ... We closed the day with a look at Bradford's unfinished business with the Rams and how it might affect a possible contract adjustment.

Elsewhere:

Here's the final edition of the ESPN NFL Power Rankings.

And here's this week's episode of NFL Nation TV.

Mike Sando looks at the Niners' offseason plans.

101sports.com has the video from the final Fisher radio show of the season.

Stltoday.com offers its final grades on the Rams.

Jeff Gordon wonders how the Rams work their way out of their current situation.