Rams News Recap: Dec. 24

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Rams notebook: Bates goes above and beyond for blocked FG –PD
With his team trailing by 10 with about two minutes to play in Sunday’s loss to the visiting New York Giants, second-year linebacker Daren Bates went above and beyond to at least try to give the Rams a final chance.

Rookie year is humbling for Rams’ Joyner –PD
It’s not that defensive back Lamarcus Joyner has been a disappointment as an NFL rookie.

A Defensive Stockpile in Place, Rams Looking Ahead to Critical Offseason –SI.com
Les Snead can’t sit still. He leans one way in his desk chair, then the other, spins 90 degrees, spins back. It’s a Wednesday in mid-December, and the Rams haven’t played for six days, which means their general manager has had almost a week to dwell on the past, and three more remain before the future.

Gordon’s Tipsheet: Seahawks Set Standard for Player Development
Jeff Fisher, Les Snead and Co. have done a good job rebuilding the Rams talent base. The selection of rookie defensive tackle Aaron Donald to the Pro Bowl is another indicator of that.

Janoris Jenkins, Tavon Austin Are Pro Bowl Alternates –Wagoner
The St. Louis Rams landed two defensive players on the Pro Bowl teams announced Tuesday night in the form of end Robert Quinn and defensive tackle Aaron Donald.

Aaron Donald Amazed by Pro Bowl Berth –Wagoner
As NFL players go, you’d be hard-pressed to find someone more even-keeled and quiet than St. Louis Rams defensive tackle Aaron Donald.

Bobby Wagner Says He Was Nearly a Ram –Wagoner
By now, it’s pretty well known among Rams fans and followers that the team had designs on selecting Seattle linebacker Bobby Wagner in the 2012 NFL draft.

Morning Ram-blings: An Important Offseason –Wagoner
Barring a major surprise, the St. Louis Rams won’t have much turnover this offseason when it comes to their coaching staff or front office. With a third consecutive losing season sealed, that means this will be a critical offseason for coach Jeff Fisher and Co.

Schottenheimer: “We want to finish on a high note” –Video

Jeff Fisher: “That 12th man is unique and special” –Video

Kirwan/Pricso’s Rams at Seahawks Preview –Video

Fisher on Odell Beckham Jr. “There’s clearly a lack of respect.” –Video

Pro Bowl Congrats: Robert Quinn & Aaron Donald –Video

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Morning Ram-blings: Christmas edition
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/14975/morning-ram-blings-christmas-edition

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- It's Christmas, and if you're taking the time to read this now between breakfast, opening presents and whatever holiday traditions you have in your house, just know that I greatly appreciate it. And if you're reading this much later, I appreciate that, too.

Instead of leading off this edition of the Ram-blings with a St. Louis Rams-centric lead-in, I just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for following along all year. Good, bad, indifferent, no matter what, I appreciate your reading and the feedback. Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all of you.

On that note, I also wanted to share a couple of great stories (in video form) that I really enjoyed on ESPN television recently.

The first is the story of Danny Keefe, a young man from Bridgewater, Massachussets, who has apraxia and was bullied at school before his brother and some kind children offered their support.

The second is the continuing story of Leah Still, daughter of Cincinnati Bengals defensive tackle Devon Still. In this update from Michelle Beisner, Leah gets her Christmas wish granted to meet Princess Jasmine.

Both stories offer plenty of inspiration. Hope you enjoy them as much as I did.

I.C.Y.M.I.

A roundup of Wednesday's Rams stories appearing on ESPN.com. ... In the Ram-blings, we looked at the importance of the upcoming offseason for the Rams. ... In this week's Buzz video, I discussed the need for the Rams to bolster their secondary in the offseason. ... We then revisited the 2012 draft miss on current Seattle linebacker Bobby Wagner and how close he was to becoming a Ram. ... Tavon Austin and Janoris Jenkins are Pro Bowl alternates. ... Defensive tackle Aaron Donald is excited about his first trip to the Pro Bowl. ... We closed the day with our usual injury update.

Elsewhere:

Ashley Fox offers a great look at Chiefs safety Eric Berry's battle with lymphoma.

Texans reporter Tania Ganguli does the same with David Quassenberry, who is going through a similar fight.

At 101sports.com, here's video from this week's Jeff Fisher radio show.

At stltoday.com, Jim Thomas discusses the struggles of the Rams' secondary against the Giants.

Joe Lyons writes that receiver Chris Givens eased his frustrations a little with a late touchdown last week.