Rams New Offensive Philosophy

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamInferno

UDFA
In Mike Groh's new interview with Dani Klupenger, he says that the reason Fisher called him was that the Rams wanted to bring in what he called "Peyton's system/Adam Gase offense" and move away from the West Coast Offense. He also mentioned his experience coaching under Tressman.

http://www.therams.com/videos/videos/Under-the-Lights-Mike-Groh/f03ed755-221a-4989-843e-bf1a289f77c4

Not sure what he ran in Chicago last year, but this is an article from a year ago describing what he ran in Denver. Interesting read. I wonder how much of this we can expect to see next year and how well our personnel will be able to run it?

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2015/01/26/durkins-playbook-breaking-down-adam-gases-offensive-schemes/

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
There may be hope.

If this is true, we may not even need a replacement for Cook. A few more wr's will be in need, though.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
@RamInferno

Post more often please.

16m1vgp.jpg

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
New? I didn't know they had one before....

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
New philosophy:
  • Score.
  • Dominate.
  • Let Aaron Donald take a swig of Gatorade before strapping his helmet back on. :football:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
It sure will smooth things along if by some miracle Payton doesn't retire. At that point the Rams already having positioned things that way demonstrates they're serious about bringing him in.

But either way I'm looking forward to seeing the Rams run a smarter and more diverse attack. And I do think it will have an impact on the QBs, in that it detracts from the advantage held by Keenum and to a lesser degree Mannion vs anyone they bring in.

It also makes me hope the Rams are thinking about that for their new young franchise QB they trade up for too!!! I can hope right?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I am just happy that they seem to have a plan that resembles an NFL scheme. That high school offense that Cignetti was running was ridiculous.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hope their new philosophy is to score points. I think that will work better than the old one.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wow..It's amazinfg how different than I am from all of you...How sad is it that we are relying on Old ManManning and his system? If we are relying on Manning and his system to save us, it's another lost year and Fisher/Snead should be fired, imo.

WvuIN02

Starter
The Rams were 29th in points (17.5 ppg) and dead last in yards per game (297). Implementing an offense that put up 38 ppg and 460 yards a game a couple years ago which led the league in both categories would be a welcome change, which is the offense Gase/Manning had before.

That definition of insanity comes to mind: doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Something has to change.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
The Rams were 29th in points (17.5 ppg) and dead last in yards per game (297). Implementing an offense that put up 38 ppg and 460 yards a game a couple years ago which led the league in both categories would be a welcome change, which is the offense Gase/Manning had before.

That definition of insanity comes to mind: doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Something has to change.
Could you imagine if we scored 38 ppg? Would we ever lose with this defense?

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Wow..It's amazinfg how different than I am from all of you...How sad is it that we are relying on Old ManManning and his system? If we are relying on Manning and his system to save us, it's another lost year and Fisher/Snead should be fired, imo.
I wouldn't call it relying, using sure. And wasn't it this "Old ManManning" system that Old ManManning and Denver used to break all of those offensive records? I not advocating bringing in Manning, and most probably aren't either. He's done anyway,even off he doesn't retire. We can always go back to the Schotty system, that worked so well for us.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Ok ... well I watched the interview and i never heard him say that Fisher "wanted to move away from the WC system". What he did say when asked about his philosophy was that Fisher liked that he had experience in different systems, and Groh mentioned working with Gase in the "Manning system" and also working with Trestman in the WC system.

What I came away from after listening is that he might be trying to "marry" the systems a bit.