Rams Need Quinn Back Near 2013 Production!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram65

Legend
With no Aaron Donald in sight the Rams will need Robert Quinn to get pressure on opposing QBs. The Rams backup defensive players have put little to no pressure on opposing QBs in the preseason. Quinn not only creates sacks but he forced turnovers that changed games. He has created 19 Forced Fumbles over his career and 7 in 2013. His game changing 7 Forced Fumbles and 19 Sacks are exactly what this Rams defense needs. The Rams have been playing mostly backups on the front seven this preseason. They have produced little to no pressure on opposing QBs. Newly acquired OLB Connor Barwin has produced as high as 14.5 sacks but has been up and down year to year with some years as little as 3 sacks. There aren't any other proven QB disruptors without A. Donald on the Rams defense. Wade Phillips will scheme to get pressure but, that can only do so much. A healthy productive Quinn really needs to get back near his 2013.
Quinn.png

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFU6haJrZEY

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just feel like the NFL really let Quinn down with how they allowed tackles to hold on. I think those holds contributed more to his back problems then anything

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Hope the transition from Williams's 4-3 DE to Phillip's 3-4 OLB will improve his play. He should've learned new pass rushing techniques by now to avoid those disgusting holds.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've been saying it for the past couple years that teams have figured him out . He either dominates the left tackle but is mostly invisible because they just let him run past the QB and right out of the play . Hopefully the new scheme will teach him another move to use .

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
YES we do. As far as i'm concerned, Quinn is the X factor on defense. Even assuming that Donald joins the party...Pro Bowl version Quinn or part time ailing Quinn could be the difference between a good defense and an elite defense here.
IMO

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
I've said it before, if he doesn't show up this year, he's gone next year. Capability may still be there, but damn injuries are starting to take a toll. Let's hope he's back pre-big contract form!!!

Ram65

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've been saying it for the past couple years that teams have figured him out . He either dominates the left tackle but is mostly invisible because they just let him run past the QB and right out of the play . Hopefully the new scheme will teach him another move to use .

He has been playing hurt. He got his pressures. I don't think he has been able to bend around the corner with the injuries. When he went out last year the defense wasn't the same. New scheme should help him. He doesn't have to

YES we do. As far as i'm concerned, Quinn is the X factor on defense. Even assuming that Donald joins the party...Pro Bowl version Quinn or part time ailing Quinn could be the difference between a good defense and an elite defense here.
IMO

I'm not sold on the defense at the moment. We have not seen the Rams defense play all together this preseason but, I'm not sure how much pressure the starters they will generate. Assuming Donald doesn't report Quinn becomes the only proven disruptor on the defense. He hasn't been a that for a few years. If Quinn can't stay healthy while playing near his top level the Rams defense may just be average. Quinn really is the X factor.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
I just feel like the NFL really let Quinn down with how they allowed tackles to hold on. I think those holds contributed more to his back problems then anything

Yeah too many times caught in the vice bending him almost in half.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Is it going to be legal to flagrantly hold Quinn, like it has been for the last 3 years?

Psycho_X

Legend

I agree he is a one trick pony for the most part but he is still extremely dangerous when (hopefully) you have an Aaron Donald busting up the gut almost every single play and someone like Wade Phillips exploiting the huge holes those two will create due to their talents. Forcing the LT out of the play completely and Donald demanding a double team which still doesn't work that often just makes everything else so much easier and makes the QB uneasy.

Just need them all to stay healthy or not hold out lol.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
For Rob Quinn, this new defense, his new position IS the best position of all worlds for him to burst back onto the NFL scene. If not now, it will never happen.

In case you been living under a rock since the end of the 2014 season RQ has faded away from his Pro Bowl seasons into a sideline gazer. Luck would have it that Snead was able to secure veteran former Wade All Pro Conner Barwin to operate full-time one of two Edge Rushing Ends (ERE's). Then in another struck of luck,what was a WWC former 43 DE named Matt Longacre has come out of nowhere & proven to be a more than solid well rounded ERE in TC & pre season. ML has developed a strong ability to set the edge in the run defense game in pre season. Both ML & CB can play both strong & weak sides.RQ has been seen practicing some but has yet to make an appearance in pre season so none of us has seen the newly reconstructed edge rusher perform in real game action.

Here's what has happened since the end of the 2014 season:

RQ Quinn tweaked his knee in Week 5 of 2015 & then missed his 1st game due to that injured knee. From that point on his snaps dropped dramatically the knee did not get better then he injured his hip & then his back gave out & he was placed on IR. from the point in which he was injured he had only 1 sack for the rest of the season. RQ had surgery on his back in Jan 2016.

RQ's 2016 TC & pre season began like 2017 did. RQ was held out & made a quick cameo appearance in the 3rd pre season game & very quickly departed. Fisher said they were not going to rush him back...sound familiar? RQ started the regular season & looked good played in 4 gms & had 2 sacks & 2 FF's before an injured shoulder took him to the locker room. It was a month before he started another Ram gm. On November 14th,2016 RQ admitted himself to the hospital. He was held out due to a mystery illness that dragged on then turned into a Concussion?? By wk#15 RQ was placed on IR said due to a Concussion:notsure:?

2017 Things we said to be good for RQ until on June 13th when RQ was spotted with his right hand in a cast. it was then revealed RQ's recovered from the hand surgery that sidelined him during OTAs.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/robert-quinn-player-injuries

RQ sure has taken the heat off of Rodger Saffold "made of glass" remarks. How many of us are holding our breaths here in Rob Quinn?:huh:

Last edited:

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not many agree with me ... but Quinn's best years were always with Long at the opposite end of the line ... long never quite had the numbers but he flushed the QB time and again for Quinn to tidy up

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Is it going to be legal to flagrantly hold Quinn, like it has been for the last 3 years?

Remember the mnf game against the whiners where they were showing the whiner's lt holding quinn in a headlock and the commentator said he's doing a great job in pass protection.

It's legal alright.