Rams move on to phase 2 Free Agency tweet

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Not tryin to be negative or anything here, just saying "perspective people!"

The offseason is no time for perspective.

giphy.gif

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
In before all the "Whoa that's Waaaay too much money for this guy!!!!!!" Wtf!"

1. FA is expensive
2. Big NFL contracts rarely kill a teams ability to be competitive

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Anquan Boldin coming back for another season. Do we dare?
Absolutely.
A driven, veteran presence is clearly lacking in this young wr group.
BBring in a seasoned vet to push these guys off their asses?
Sign me up.
I'm sick of our WR group underachieving.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter

The problem is that most veteran players on the verge of retiring want to finish up with a team that has a possibility of getting to the Big Dance. Unfortunately the Rams don't qualify for that presently.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
The problem is that most veteran players on the verge of retiring want to finish up with a team that has a possibility of getting to the Big Dance. Unfortunately the Rams don't qualify for that presently.

I'd personally finish up in a city I'd like to walk off into the sunset at. If Anquan feels the same way, maybe he takes a shot with us.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I care less than i did the last few times he was available, but i still care. Every year in the offseason ppl say he's done but every year he puts up numbers and contributes. If he was to settle for a reasonable offer i'd kick the tires. His experience alone is invaluable.

Now...I'm a tad biased because he's been my favorite non-Ram WR for a long time. His game embodies football.
One of the toughest players to ever suit up and IMO the toughest WR the game has seen in decades.

Ram65

Legend
I kinda suspect this kid's contract is going to be a fairly hefty one. Multiple teams have interest including the Broncos. Obviously I hope its on the more reasonable side, I just get the feeling thatity if they don't want him leaving LA tonight, they will be paying up.

He is an unknown commodity to me. Wade knows him so that helps. Is it over pay because of free agency? I imagine some. He has a total of two (2) starts in his career.

How much does he get? Just wondering what you think.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

I don't believe Detroit qualified either, but he signed with them. If we can't get Gordon, Boldin wouldn't be a bad option imo.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
He is an unknown commodity to me. Wade knows him so that helps. Is it over pay because of free agency? I imagine some. He has a total of two (2) starts in his career.

How much does he get? Just wondering what you think.

I'm not a cap guy by any stretch - so I won't embarrass myself with a guess - I just suspect that he is going to get starting CB money - and won't come any cheaper than a guy like Mo Claiborne who has many more starts under his belt and more name recognition. Competition drives prices up and we aren't the only team calling on this guy.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
I care less than i did the last few times he was available, but i still care. Every year in the offseason ppl say he's done but every year he puts up numbers and contributes. If he was to settle for a reasonable offer i'd kick the tires. His experience alone is invaluable.

Now...I'm a tad biased because he's been my favorite non-Ram WR for a long time. His game embodies football.
One of the toughest players to ever suit up and IMO the toughest WR the game has seen in decades.

^this^

Love the guy. I know they had Fitz, but still amazed the Cards let him walk.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I'm not a cap guy by any stretch - so I won't embarrass myself with a guess - I just suspect that he is going to get starting CB money - and won't come any cheaper than a guy like Mo Claiborne who has many more starts under his belt and more name recognition. Competition drives prices up and we aren't the only team calling on this guy.
I'm thinking $16 - $20mil for 4 years. jmo.