Rams move on to phase 2 Free Agency tweet

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Well the positives are he's a free agent, we're interested and he's played for Son of a Bum. The bad news is, outside of special teams, he hasn't played much. A nice asterisk on the resume might read *played behind Aqib Talib and Chris Harris. The third man last year was Courtney Roby, who's started 10 career games, played in 16 games each of the last 3 years and has 8 takeaways (5 Int; 3 FR / on 4 FF). Not for nothing, the two starters at safety in the defensive backfield were TJ Ward and Darian Stewart. So he's been a ST demon but between those 5 guys and Wade Phillips, I'd think for the kid might be learning something. And to stick around 4 years (and we're having him in for a visit) suggests he's got some chops.

I'm not going to get excited and dream he might be the second coming of Aeneas Williams but he doesn't have to be. He's just gotta be a good player, decent contributor and helpful team mate. If he turns our better than that, we're ahead of the game provided we don't pay him for more, now.

Last edited:

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
I'm thinking $16 - $20mil for 4 years. jmo.

Good guess, I would estimate a shorter deal, 3 yr, at about 18 mill with 6.5-7mill guaranteed. 3 yr allows him to hit market again if he turns out to be a stud, and if not, he's on the books short term.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

4XCVImp.png

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Well , so far Phase 2 has looked pretty similar to Phase 1

giphy.gif

Last edited:

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Fake account of rapsheet lol

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/14/anquan-boldin-wants-to-keep-playing/

Anquan Boldin wants to keep playing
Posted by Darin Gantt on March 14, 2017

630781506-e1489488010387.jpg
Getty Images

Anquan Boldin wasn’t sure about his future, but has apparently decided he wants to keep playing.

According to Jim Trotter of ESPN, the veteran wide receiver has decided to return for a 15th season. He’s an unrestricted free agent, so it’s also helpful to make sure people realize he’s on the market and available before all the money dries up.

The 36-year-old Boldin showed last year he still has something left, leading the Lions with eight touchdowns. He had 67 catches for 584 yards lsat year, and a pretty strong collection of numbers (1,076 catches, 13,779 yards, 82 touchdowns) in his 14 NFL seasons.

Boldin said he’d be open to returning to the Lions, and they haven’t exactly covered up his spot, signing Keshawn Martin.