Rams met with Dick Jauron

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
[tweet]298561394117341184[/tweet]

Speeps

Starter
I would like this hire. Jauron is a very good defensive coordinator and has will bring lots of experience to an already experienced squad. As we have already seen, credentials won't get you the job. The true question will be is he a fit with our staff?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Speeps said:
I would like this hire. Jauron is a very good defensive coordinator and has will bring lots of experience to an already experienced squad. As we have already seen, credentials won't get you the job. The true question will be is he a fit with our staff?

I'm warming up to Jauron.

At the end of the day; this hire is probably the least of my concerns this offseason. Fisher knows what he's doing with his staff and that defense.

F. Mulder

Starter
I'd prefer DJ to Ryan but that isn't saying much IMO. Sure looks like a committee approach at carrying out Fisher's Defense. Nothing wrong with that and maybe all the experience he has will help in gameplanning and in-game adjustments but I feel like we are willing to accept middle of the pack when we have a chance to be great. Just how I feel if it turns out that way.

Speeps

Starter
F. Mulder said:
I'd prefer DJ to Ryan but that isn't saying much IMO. Sure looks like a committee approach at carrying out Fisher's Defense. Nothing wrong with that and maybe all the experience he has will help in gameplanning and in-game adjustments but I feel like we are willing to accept middle of the pack when we have a chance to be great. Just how I feel if it turns out that way.
When you say middle of the pack, are you referring to Dick Jauron as an inferior candidate to Rob Ryan? If so, their track record says otherwise.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
CGI_Ram said:
I'm warming up to Jauron.

At the end of the day; this hire is probably the least of my concerns this offseason. Fisher knows what he's doing with his staff and that defense.

I concur with this assessment...Jauron seems like a great fit for scheme and cohesiveness my only issue with Jauron is he's not know as an aggressor and that can be showcased by the lack of sacks over the years when he was in charge of the defense. However, IMO Fisher, Cecil & DL Coach Mike Waufle seem like the aggressive type so maybe Jauron's appeasement only makes the aggressor more aggressive!

F. Mulder

Starter
Speeps said:
F. Mulder said:
When you say middle of the pack, are you referring to Dick Jauron as an inferior candidate to Rob Ryan? If so, their track record says otherwise.

No, I'm saying I don't see him as the type of DC to make this unit top 5-7. I didn't feel that way about Ryan either. You don't have to be elite to win games but I think the pieces are there with the addition of 2 Safeties and an OLB (and resigning Hayes). However, either the new DC makes this "his" Defense with Fisher's major input or is able to "tweak" Fisher's D via gameplanning and in-game adjustments for it to be successful.

DJ is a solid Dc and has all the cred to say so. I'm just saying he doesn't do much for me personally as a coach who is on the cutting edge (not that that is necessary either). I just see him as vanilla (not that there is anything wrong with plain vanilla :p )

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I'm indifferent on Jauron.

I'd like to see someone younger, tho.

nighttrain

Legend
F. Mulder said:

I've been reading your posts for a very lang time FM, i'd really like to know what or who you would think would be great at calling the D's scheme
regards
train

F. Mulder

Starter
nighttrain said:
F. Mulder said:

I've been reading your posts for a very lang time FM, i'd really like to know what or who you would think would be great at calling the D's scheme
regards
train

Hey Train. I know it sounds like a cop-out but I really don't have a name to plug in there and so maybe a DJ can hold down the fort and keep things going. Some of the younger big name college DCs seem to be more 3-4 guys and the other group seems to be just recycled names from the past. I just see DJ as more of a caretaker type (and that can be OK BTW) vs. someone who would be a bit more cutting edge. But like I said, I don't have a good alternative so maybe I should shut up :lol:

Great to see you (as well as a lot of other brothers from other boards) posting here!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Think I'll get excited about our new DC when he is actually announced by the RAMS. Until then, I'm going to figure that Fish will get the guy he figures is the best fit available. I'm not trying to be a wet blanket and I DO find it interesting to see who we bring in for discussions/interviews. I just don't feel I have a clue as to what Fish is really looking for to compliment an already pretty damn good staff.

nighttrain

Legend
F. Mulder said:
nighttrain said:
F. Mulder said:

regards
train

Hey Train. I know it sounds like a cop-out but I really don't have a name to plug in there and so maybe a DJ can hold down the fort and keep things going. Some of the younger big name college DCs seem to be more 3-4 guys and the other group seems to be just recycled names from the past. I just see DJ as more of a caretaker type (and that can be OK BTW) vs. someone who would be a bit more cutting edge. But like I said, I don't have a good alternative so maybe I should shut up :lol:

Great to see you (as well as a lot of other brothers from other boards) posting here!

.thanks for answering my question FM... i'd really like somebody better than Williams calling the plays. Just dont think he was up to the job. I guess we'll both wait and see
regards
train

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
nighttrain said:
.thanks for answering my question FM... i'd really like somebody better than Williams calling the plays. Just dont think he was up to the job. I guess we'll both wait and see
regards
train
Need some help with your sig, man?
PM Kilgasm and he might set you up with one sick locomotive. :hehe:

nighttrain

Legend
X said:
nighttrain said:
regards
train

thank Dude, but i got er done. old dogs, new tricks, but if i did get help, thanks much
train

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
nighttrain said:
X said:
nighttrain said:
regards
train

thank Dude, but i got er done. old dogs, new tricks, but if i did get help, thanks much
train
Yeah, I took care of that for you. Exercising my creative license and all. :yeh:

nighttrain

Legend
X said:
nighttrain said:
X said:
nighttrain said:
regards
train

train
Yeah, I took care of that for you. Exercising my creative license and all. :yeh:

gracias amigo, you did a bang up job!
train

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
nighttrain said:
X said:
nighttrain said:
X said:
nighttrain said:
regards
train

train

gracias amigo, you did a bang up job!
train

Might I suggest a small tweak on the bad ass train showing that sweet ROD logo. :sly: