Rams Memorial Day Special: Top 10 Moments (Via 101 ESPN)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ShaneG

Starter
Shane Gray provides special Rams commentaries on 101sports.com. Follow him on Twitter @ShaneGmoSTLRams.

The St. Louis Rams have provided fans with a multitude of memorable moments over the past 18 seasons. Many have been superlative, while others have been painful.

On a day when we honor and remember the great men and women who have made it possible for us to enjoy the freedoms we have graciously been afforded, I thought it would be fun to briefly reminisce over some of the more memorable moments we have witnessed from the Rams since 1995.

With that said, here’s a glimpse at some of the more unforgettable Rams-related events we have experienced to date. It should be noted that very little emphasis has been placed on the order of events below:

10. Rams’ First Home Game at Busch Stadium

Obviously, none of the other moments on this list would be possible had the first Rams home game not occurred. If you were there and remember this, please leave a comment below.

9. Steven Jackson Becomes Club’s All-Time Leading Rusher

(Happy Memorial Day, everyone. Hope you enjoy the briief stroll down memory lane):

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.101sports.com/2013/05/27/rams-memorial-day-special-top-10-memories-in-st-louis-history/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.101sports.com/2013/05/27/ram ... s-history/</a>

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
The Az fumble was a bad one. Had the Rams won that it's my opinion that they would have gone to the SB and beaten the Ravens. The Vikings and Giants wouldn't have been able to stop the Rams, they both got spanked by the Rams during the season.

The Ravens would have had their secondary exposed with the WR's and Warners fast release. Plus the X Factor.....Faulk. He would have been the difference in the end, in pass protection and catching the ball.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
LesBaker said:
The Az fumble was a bad one. Had the Rams won that it's my opinion that they would have gone to the SB and beaten the Ravens. The Vikings and Giants wouldn't have been able to stop the Rams, they both got spanked by the Rams during the season.

The Ravens would have had their secondary exposed with the WR's and Warners fast release. Plus the X Factor.....Faulk. He would have been the difference in the end, in pass protection and catching the ball.
That just makes me fuckin' sad.
Every time I'm reminded of that "play", it's like peeling off a band-aid.
From my eyelid.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
X said:
LesBaker said:

From my eyelid.
OMG I can agree to that. Another Fail moment for me but it wasn't probably as bad to others as the fumble in NO was when in double overtime Steve Smith caught that ball and the Panthers move onto the SB. I swear we could of went to SB if we had won that game.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
The Rammer said:
X said:
LesBaker said:

From my eyelid.
OMG I can agree to that. Another Fail moment for me but it wasn't probably as bad to others as the fumble in NO was when in double overtime Steve Smith caught that ball and the Panthers move onto the SB. I swear we could of went to SB if we had won that game.
Yeah, that was a HUGE deflating experience as well.

ShaneG

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
LesBaker said:

Absolutely agree... not only all of that, but the Rams relatively porous D that year was beginning to tighten up a bit, too. Ahh, what could (and perhaps should) have been. :cry:

ShaneG

Starter
The Rammer said:
X said:
LesBaker said:

That just makes me freakin' sad.
From my eyelid.

Yes, that awful moment was one I considered adding and one that certainly could be on many people's most memorable Rams moments in St. Louis. Oh, that one still hurts, too.

nighttrain

Legend
Losing to the Patsies and the Az fumble two of the low points of my life. that should have been a three SB victory run.
train

ShaneG

Starter
X said:
LesBaker said:

That just makes me freakin' sad.
From my eyelid.

X, you described the painful memory quite well. Ouch!!!!