Rams Make the Playoffs If...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
its nice and all being optimistic whether drunk or sober but the offense is still completely embarrassing thanks to the Oline and some WR drops. the only reason for the win was the Rams lights out defense rising to the occasion no matter how many injuries mount. props to the D but they can't carry this team on the shoulders to the playoffs like this no matter how hard Keenum, Gurely and Tavon try. and goddamn my heart hurts for Tavon. he puts up amazing return numbers and gets fucked over either by his teammates or the refs every time. makes you wonder if he wants to stick around after another year or two. props to Keenum. like Davis and Hill he's a tough backup that plays with heart and is still better than this pathetic "pro bowler" name Foles. the Rams offense in the first half were shit but finally were able to wear down the Lions D because of the great defensive effort from the rams D. almost shutout Megatron. I'm still watching the games but I've given up investing too much emotion into these games. not healthy for the heart.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
Yeah, there is no way Johnny Coke Head beats SEA. Also don't see the Giants beating the Vikings in MIN.

Sorry fellas, but there is as strong likelyhood we're mathematically eliminated this week. Stranger things have not happened (lol).

But let's just beat the Bucs and see what happens. That comes first.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Rams Make the Playoffs If...

A giant earthquake takes the west coast and the rest of the NFC west with it.

Then we win the division!:yess:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
My spirit has been broken this year like no other but a win Thursday night would get the homerism fired up. I think we beat the Bucs but hate counting on all the other stuff.

551staaa

Unsubstantiated Reality
Just win out. Even if there's no playoffs, it's 8-8 and not a losing season. At this point, I'll take it.

iced

If we can win thursday night and somehow the browns upset Seattle, then I'll get amped.

Seahawks just lost Thomas Rawls for the season,but Cleveland's d is pretty bad

RamzFanz

Damnit
Yes! Of course this topic is stupid.

I was prepared to say, "If you actually believe the Rams have any plausible shot of reaching the Playoffs, you are insane." But then, the more I thought about it, and looked at the scenarios, of course, I got to thinking, "Well, maybe, MAYBE, it's not THAT crazy after all..."

Yes, it's insane. Of course. Nevertheless....

First the two traditional caveats to this ridiculous annual exercise: 1. Jim Mora GIF saying "Playoffs??" and 2. Jim Carrey GIF in Dumb and Dumber saying "So you're saying there's a chance!"...

Having dispensed with the preliminaries, let's jump right in:

The Basics:

Rams Must go 3-0 the rest of their games. (7-9 does not allow for mathematical chance of playoffs)

AND, Rams need EITHER the Hawks OR the Vikes to go 0-3.

(If all teams are 8-8, Rams go due to tiebreaker over Seahawks)

IF the Seahawks go 0-3, Rams actually have a strong chance of getting in.

IF the Vikings go 0-3, Rams win 3-way tiebreaker as long as another team (such as the Saints or Bears) also go 8-8.

So, here is my most "Plausible" (cough, cough, groan) scenario:

Rams need to beat the Bucs on Thursday. (Doable, right?)

Then, we just need ONE humungous, improbable upset: Browns over Seahawks next Sunday. But hey it's the NFL, so anything can happen, etc. etc.etc. etc.

IF Rams beat Bucs AND Browns pull off the upset over Seahwaks next week.... trust me, this board would go nuts.

If this were to occur, the Rams would then "only" need:

Wins over Seahawks and Niners AND a Cards win over the Seahawks.

So, really, Rams in the playoffs this year....totally plausible. And EVEN if the Seahawks beat the Browns, the Rams have a path to the postseason. So-- playoffs in 2015!!! Right? Right? Bueller? Hello? Hello?
Frankly, I can't even believe that the Rams have odds that are this good (1 in a thousand maybe?) given how awful they've been the past 5 weeks.... If you want to check out the Rams "chances", take a look at ESPN's "playoff machine" predictor, it's pretty cool.

--XXXIVwin

giphy.gif

ohiorams

Rookie
if that happened...some one here better send me a Welker/Medium jersey for Christmas

ohiorams

Rookie
look...

I'm picking Rams to lose to Tampa Bay.
but... I will pick Rams to beat Seahawks after a week and a half off to help Tampa get in...Carolina is not going 16-0,Seattle will lose in Arizona

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Just win out. Even if there's no playoffs, it's 8-8 and not a losing season. At this point, I'll take it.
All things considered, This^, would be a Good Finish to a Bad Season! I'll take it and Smile!!:D

ohiorams

Rookie
if the Rams win Thursday...this has some traction..but someone has to be injured for Tampa this week or the game has to go as bizarre as the Jaguars- Colts game did.

but if Tampa wins..they are the ones I see as wildcard

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Rams beat Bucs 31-23........And the dream stays alive, if at least for a few more days.

So on Sunday we'll all be pulling for the Bears...

and for Johnny Football to have the game of his life.

A Browns upset is extremely unlikely (14.5 point underdogs)... but IF, IF, IF somehow they could beat the Hawks...