Rams make Practice Squad changes

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Per Joe Lyons/PD

Practice squad changes

The Rams made a pair of practice-squad moves Tuesday, signing cornerbacks Brandon McGee and Melvin White and releasing safety Jacob Hagen and cornerback Trovon Reed.McGee, a fifth-round draft pick by the Rams in 2013, was among the final cuts this year after missing all but one day of training camp with a foot injury. He played in 15 games as a rookie, chipping in with 10 tackles and six more on special teams. In 2014, he appeared in just two games before being placed on injured reserve with a foot injury.White, 25, was signed by Carolina as an undrafted free agent in 2013. He played in 30 games, making 17 starts, over the past two seasons before being cut recently. The 6-foot-1, 205-pound White recorded 83 tackles, defended 11 passes and had three interceptions in his time with the Panthers.

ztoben

Professional NFL Couch Analyst
Name
ztoben
Definitely good to get some more corner depth with Gaines out and Tru being hurt.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
White seems like he should really be on an active roster somewhere. But I'm not gonna complain if he sits for his chance with us. I wouldn't blame him for wanting to play for the best defense in the league. I pray Tru is ready to go this week though. McGee, I'm still meh on. He's the Pead of defensive backs. Can never quite put it together, but has "potential".

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
McGee should know the defense although I'm sure it's tough for McGee to remember because it's been four score and seven years ago since he's been healthy!

Stel

Starter
Really liked White coming out of college. Excellent size for a DB, position flexibility, and had a good two years with Carolina (starting about half the games). Have to wonder about his hamstring injury since he went from starter to released between seasons. I wanted him in 2013, hope he can still play.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've read good things on White from Panthers fans too. If McGee can stay healthy these are 2 nice insurance policies.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I like both moves...We need depth at corner...I had flashes of 2011 when Joyner limped off, esp. after what happened to Tru...

Brandon McGee returns....I wonder if he's healthy? I thought he couldn't/didn't have PS time left? What the PS rules anyway?

Alan

Legend
CoachO with an update:
The Rams made a pair of practice-squad moves Tuesday, signing cornerbacks Brandon McGee and Melvin White and releasing safety Jacob Hagen and cornerback Trovon Reed.
So I don't get that move at all. Last week they thought Trovon was better than Brandon and this week they don't? What happened in the interim?