Rams Looking At Depleted Starting Roster Against LA Chargers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Woods & Goff worked way before Kupp even drafted.
P. Copper has already put in more time than any WR.has.
Just curious, but does your phone/PC auto correct Cooper to Copper or something?? I have literally never seen you use the name COOPER for either of the two COOPER'S on this team.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Well one thing is for sure. McVay and Reggie have obviously had a few convos on how they want to handle injury situations. I also like the 'maintenance program' that McVay speaks of all the time. At least McVay isn't vague with the injuries that occur with out guys to the media; I appreciate that.

While I'd like to see these guys play as a full unit, I'm honestly more stoked to see more action from the reserves against starters to see where they measure up. And God forbid, we are bound to have someone go down during the season potentially; so these are valuable reps for these reserves and the Rams as a whole.
I always thought it would be a good idea for one preseason game to only start your second and third string. Have them play against real NFL talent to get a good evaluation of them.

Ram65

Legend
I would think that Quinn will be eased in wk #1 as a designated edge pass rusher. I would looked to see him playing on either side (Weak/Strong) either in the base defense or the Nickel four 3 pt stance DL. I would expect to see Barwin/Longacre as the starting OSLB'ers. I just don't see Quinn playing full time early this season & with the way that Longacre has been playing its not a big need

I think they are protecting the hand he had surgery on and his body in general.

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/6557/robert-quinn
Rams OLB Robert Quinn said he's recovered from the hand surgery that sidelined him during OTAs.
Quinn admitted his hand was "messed up a little bit," but expects to be ready for the Rams' first practice on Saturday. The former first-team All-Pro is hoping for a bounce-back year after recording a career-worst four sacks last season. Jul 28 - 4:52 PM
Source: Joe Curley on Twitter
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think you're down on Quinn Boni because of the past injuries. Quinn is a difference maker when healthy. He is made for this defense and they need him playing. The Rams haven't gotten great pressure thus far in preseason. The Rams will be smart with Quinn but, they will start him. If had to guess I would say 75% of defensive snaps. He has to be out there in the first quarter, end of the half and the fourth quarter. I haven't heard of any setbacks so I assume he could play now if it were the regular season. We will have to keep up on his status.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think they are protecting the hand he had surgery on and his body in general.

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/6557/robert-quinn
Rams OLB Robert Quinn said he's recovered from the hand surgery that sidelined him during OTAs.
Quinn admitted his hand was "messed up a little bit," but expects to be ready for the Rams' first practice on Saturday. The former first-team All-Pro is hoping for a bounce-back year after recording a career-worst four sacks last season. Jul 28 - 4:52 PM
Source: Joe Curley on Twitter
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think you're down on Quinn Boni because of the past injuries. Quinn is a difference maker when healthy. He is made for this defense and they need him playing. The Rams haven't gotten great pressure thus far in preseason. The Rams will be smart with Quinn but, they will start him. If had to guess I would say 75% of defensive snaps. He has to be out there in the first quarter, end of the half and the fourth quarter. I haven't heard of any setbacks so I assume he could play now if it were the regular season. We will have to keep up on his status.
Yes I have been.

I just can not dismiss the facts Rob has not been healthy since the 2014 season ended. I am trying to not live in the past on Quinn but I tend to center in on the true really of things. Guess I am guilty then:cool: ....but I'll post this there has not been anything but setbacks for well over 2 plus yrs. The Rams have invested a near 28 million in Quinn the last 2 seasons & gotten very little in return. Here we are where I am projecting that Rob will be a non starter in 2017 the Rams will pay out a near $11 million for his pass rush services. The Ram Salary Cap Space is $4.8 million near the very bottom of all NFL teams. After this season it will not be possible to continue.

On the positive flip side I see this new 2017 Wade D the best medicine for the Rob Quinn cure...& the move to Weak Side LB'er perfect for the Rams current situation.If Rob can remain somewhat healthy his edge pass rushing talents can make a huge difference in some key games. Lucky for us the wk 1 Colts gm is not one of them. :)

Ram65

Legend
Yes I have been.

I just can not dismiss the facts Rob has not been healthy since the 2014 season ended. I am trying to not live in the past on Quinn but I tend to center in on the true really of things. Guess I am guilty then:cool: ....but I'll post this there has not been anything but setbacks for well over 2 plus yrs. The Rams have invested a near 28 million in Quinn the last 2 seasons & gotten very little in return. Here we are where I am projecting that Rob will be a non starter in 2017 the Rams will pay out a near $11 million for his pass rush services. The Ram Salary Cap Space is $4.8 million near the very bottom of all NFL teams. After this season it will not be possible to continue.

On the positive flip side I see this new 2017 Wade D the best medicine for the Rob Quinn cure...& the move to Weak Side LB'er perfect for the Rams current situation.If Rob can remain somewhat healthy his edge pass rushing talents can make a huge difference in some key games. Lucky for us the wk 1 Colts gm is not one of them. :)

I understand your apprehension considering his past health issues. Let's see what happens. I believe the Rams have him as a starter. I think they will be smart about when and how much he plays as a starter. If he breaks down this year it will more that likely be his last with the Rams.

JRobinson

MiLB
If he breaks down this year it will more that likely be his last with the Rams.

This. I agree with you and Bonifay. Rob has had some unfortunate situations in regards to his health. Great locker room presence and a great athlete. He's certainly not worth what he's been paid; but that's football. When Rob was healthy and performing with consistency, I'd bet there wasn't one person on this forum that wouldn't have gave him the contract he received; the guy was a monster. Here is to Robs health this season

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Just curious, but does your phone/PC auto correct Cooper to Copper or something?? I have literally never seen you use the name COOPER for either of the two COOPER'S on this team.

And we need to start saying either "Pharoh" or "Kupp." When there's no context I'm not sure who's being referred to, so maybe that would help as a general rule.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
And we need to start saying either "Pharoh" or "Kupp." When there's no context I'm not sure who's being referred to, so maybe that would help as a general rule.
Or how I would prefer a shorter version myself because I am old & wore down & getting lazy....
Pharoh Cooper = PC
C
ooper Kupp = CK

The only down side is it will case some of our members more confusion:shocking: & brain drain:headexplosion:.......:D.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Except he's undersized considerably and has lingering shoulder issues.

Being undersized (that's arguable) isn't a huge issue in this scheme. And he's played 88 of 90 career games in the NFL, so I'm not going to beat him up over injuries. He's been available when it came time for the real games throughout his career.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Except he's undersized considerably and has lingering shoulder issues.
Is 6-2 225 that undersized?

2015 Concussion Probable
2014 Abdomen Questionable
2013 Hamstring Questionable
2013 Hamstring Questionable
2013 Knee Probable
2013 Hip Questionable
2013 Hip Probable
2013 Hamstring Probable
2013 Hamstring Probable

Last edited:

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
All these soft-tissue injuries throughout camp have me a bit nervous, hopefully it's just a bit of bad luck and not anything to do with McVay's approach. EVERYTHING the guy has done and said is PERFECT!!!

C'MON FOOTBALL GODS, BE GOOD TO US PUHLEASEEE!!!