Rams looking at a huge haul in 2022 draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
This is likely going to be one of the strongest and deepest classes in recent memory; a lot of seniors didn't declare last year (they had the option to stay another year because of Covid), and you'll have a lot of juniors and redshirt sophomores declaring as usual. This is a very good year to have a lot of picks, and players who would get Day Two consideration in a normal draft will fall to Day Three, making those four sixths and two sevenths much more valuable.

Great year to have picks by QTY. (y)

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Very good chance that Snead will be tasked to replace his March 2022 UFA's, who have been starters & who arrived here by the utilization of those 3rd-day draft selections i.e.:

Sebastian Joseph-Day 6th rd'er
Micah Kiser former 5th rd'er
Ogbonnia Okoronkwo 5th rd'er
Austin Corbett former 5th rd'er
Kenny Young traded for a 5th rd'er
Darious Williams UDFA

LT Joseph Noteboom was a 3rd rd selection.

Corbett was a 2nd round pick, 33rd overall I think. The Rams traded a 5th round pick for him.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Corbett was a 2nd round pick, 33rd overall I think. The Rams traded a 5th round pick for him.

True.

But, a similar trade (another player, another team) is possible at the cost of one of those late round picks. (y)

oldnotdead

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
All you have to do is look at who the Rams got on day 3 this year. Harris, E. Brown, Funk, Skowronek, and Garrett. Day 3 picks are more easily traded as most teams are just taking flyers. Last year they had 5 day 3 picks and Hopkins, Fuller, and Anchrum are still on the roster with Fuller a starter taken in the 6th. With Snead drafting by analytics and trait grading, he has a much higher percentage of hits than misses compared to most team's day three picks.

After reading Jourdan's article on how they pick players I don't discount Snead's ability to find good players on day 3. Most people think picks after round 5 are garbage and Snead, has shown they aren't. In 2019 the Rams still have Gaines (rd 4), Edwards (5), Scott (7). I really liked the Scott pick and felt he would become more than a STs player and had the talent to be a solid rotational DB which he has become. I feel the same about Garrett this year.

Especially in the 6th and 7th rounds, Snead finds players who develop into solid depth or better when most teams don't.