Rams looking at a huge haul in 2022 draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

oldnotdead

Legend
Right now I think the Rams have:

3 picks on day 2

2nd x 1 their own
3rd x 2 (their regular pick and a comp for Holmes

4th x 1 comp (Johnson)
5th x 1 their own
6th x 4 own + comps for Everett, Hill & Ebukam
7th x 2 own + Dolphins

That's 11 picks next year as of now. Normally with teams 6th and 7th rounders are flyers, but the way Snead drafts he can restock the bottom of the roster and the PS with 6 picks in those two rounds.

Good thing the cap is going up.

Ram65

Legend
I can see Snead moving up in next year's draft. This year's roster decisions could effect the need for lower tier players. It is good he has a lot of draft capital to work with to mitigate no first round pick.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I can see Snead moving up in next year's draft. This year's roster decisions could effect the need for lower tier players. It is good he has a lot of draft capital to work with to mitigate no first round pick.
Very good possibility

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Rams draft well, but this is in no way "a huge haul."

in 2022, Rams have no first rd pick, but they have an extra 3rd instead.

And a bunch of extra 6th and 7th rounders.

Hope Snead finds some good picks. But according to the draft value chart, their draft capital in 2022 is still less than the league average.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Was thinking the same when I read "he'll turn 11 into 14". Snead's m.o. seems to be, with less picks in pocket he trades down. Have we ever seen him with this many? Having 11 picks might be like a gambler finding a bucket of quarters near the slot machines.....what the chance he just cashes them in? My bet is he moves into the first round or moves up in the 2nd and 3rd.

TexasRam

Legend
A bunch of late round picks isn't a haul. It's a bunch of garbage picks.

Fake news. Try again Kim Jung :alol:

Rams43

Hall of Fame

Having 11 picks in the hands of Snead and his crack scouting staff is not a bad thing, even if so many are late.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott

Well.... Joseph-Day, Fuller, Scott, Howard, and Anchrum were all 6th or 7th rounders. And all appear to have a significant role this year or are in line to eventually have an important role on this team.

And that's not even taking into account a number of UDFA's that they have found over the yrs that have made an impact on this team or just a role as a contributor on ST's.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Y'all be happy with a 14th round pick like Deacon Jones was...6th and 7th rounders were pure gold in 1961!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Well.... Joseph-Day, Fuller, Scott, Howard, and Anchrum were all 6th or 7th rounders. And all appear to have a significant role this year or are in line to eventually have an important role on this team.

And that's not even taking into account a number of UDFA's that they have found over the yrs that have made an impact on this team or just a role as a contributor on ST's.
Were they all from the same draft?

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Y'all be happy with a 14th round pick like Deacon Jones was...6th and 7th rounders were pure gold in 1961!
Was wearing my Jones 75 throwback jersey in Costco last weekend and a guy working there said to me "That's the best jersey I've seen today".

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Does it matter?

Howard & Day were I believe.

Fuller & Anchrum were in the same draft last yr, but not sure why that matters.
We are all well aware of Snead’s late round success. It’s hardly news. And for every one or two he hits he mixes 4-5.

The title of the thread suggests that the Rams have a draft haul in 2022. Snead has been much more successful with 3rd and 4th round picks. A draft haul would more likely be made up of those. Having 5 6th or 7th round picks still has a high likelihood of not hitting on any or only finding a few back ups or special teamers.

I think we tend to put a higher value on some of these guys than the rest of the league does.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Very good chance that Snead will be tasked to replace his March 2022 UFA's, who have been starters & who arrived here by the utilization of those 3rd-day draft selections i.e.:

Sebastian Joseph-Day 6th rd'er
Micah Kiser former 5th rd'er
Ogbonnia Okoronkwo 5th rd'er
Austin Corbett former 5th rd'er
Kenny Young traded for a 5th rd'er
Darious Williams UDFA

LT Joseph Noteboom was a 3rd rd selection.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
We are all well aware of Snead’s late round success. It’s hardly news. And for every one or two he hits he mixes 4-5.

The title of the thread suggests that the Rams have a draft haul in 2022. Snead has been much more successful with 3rd and 4th round picks. A draft haul would more likely be made up of those. Having 5 6th or 7th round picks still has a high likelihood of not hitting on any or only finding a few back ups or special teamers.

I think we tend to put a higher value on some of these guys than the rest of the league does.
Agree that I would not call it a "draft haul", but i would say that heading into the draft, he has a lot more resources than he has had in recent yrs.

Look at it this way...he turned the 88th pick and a 7th into...

Rd4 - 117 (Bobby Brown)
Rd4 - 130 (Rochell)
Rd5 - 174 (Earnest Brown)
Rd7 - 233 (Funk)
Rd 7 -249 (Skowronek)

So what can he do with 11 picks heading into the draft?

Might package some 6's & 7's to get a couple early 5's. Could move back in round 2 and get an extra top 100 pick.

Point being he has some ammo to create more picks and target specific players.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
This is likely going to be one of the strongest and deepest classes in recent memory; a lot of seniors didn't declare last year (they had the option to stay another year because of Covid), and you'll have a lot of juniors and redshirt sophomores declaring as usual. This is a very good year to have a lot of picks, and players who would get Day Two consideration in a normal draft will fall to Day Three, making those four sixths and two sevenths much more valuable.