Rams' Lamarcus Joyner merits major NFL discipline for illegal shot/ESPN

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think the final outcome was fair (no suspension but a significant fine).

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
Ouch. That's a fair chunk of scratch.

Anybody know the "formula" for coming up with such a number? $23,152? :bueller: Can't they round it up/down? Maybe they're just trying to create the perception that some actual thought is behind the number...
I believe it is a pre-set figure. That is for the first offense. If another one happens, it goes up

RedRam

Pro Bowler
I believe it is a pre-set figure. That is for the first offense. If another one happens, it goes up

Yeah, I can see that on the NFL fines list for 2015. It doubles for the second offense. But that really doesn't answer my question regarding how the particular, preset, number is derived.

VilleDeal

UDFA
Every time you see this happen, every running quarterback just grins. The more you give, the more you take {look at our government fcol}
I vehemently disagree with the whole concept,never have , never will.
Another penalty against playing defense.

RedRam

Pro Bowler

I see...So they cut the players some slack and dropped the 50 cents off. :rolleyes:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just pointing out some hypocrisy....DeAndre Jordan at first agreed to sign with the Dallas Mavericks, but then chnged his mind and re-signed with the Clippers..They played a game yesterday, I think, and the Dallas crowd boo'd Jordan every time he got the ball.....At the same time, most of that Dallas crowd will be cheering for Greg Hardy when the Cowboys play on Sundays...

RedRam

Pro Bowler

You're probably right. If the NFL is going to grind the players for $2, 50 cents would be in play as well. :mrburnsevil:

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I think it's bullshit the NFL is allowed to fine players for penalties. They're playing a GAME. Nothing is intentional. The penalty should be bad enough. Has it always been this way? I feel like fines started happening only a few years ago.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
If the NFL doesn't want their QB's to get hit, them they shouldn't let them run.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I think it's bullcrap the NFL is allowed to fine players for penalties. They're playing a GAME. Nothing is intentional. The penalty should be bad enough. Has it always been this way? I feel like fines started happening only a few years ago.

All (that I know of) professional sports fine players for various things...