Rams injury updates from McVay

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Noteboom hasn't been injury prone. His first injury was when Kromer played him out of position at OG when he had never played the position before. Then someone fell on his leg....not exactly Joe's fault. Other than that he was injured along with the rest of the OL this year. I believe what Dielman said years ago to me. Bad OL coaching can get guys hurt because of bad technique. IMO that was the reason Carberry got fired because McVay believes it too. So how is that Noteboom's fault?

Noteboom has shown when he's healthy he's a very good LT. Both Whitworth and Havenstein praised his performance. I think I would accept their view of him over the fan's opinion of him. Jackson got hurt too so is he worthless? Allen IMO is going to get one last year to prove he can play injury free or he's gone in 2024. With Shelton leaving it really put a hole in the projected OL.

I think Noteboom and Jackson will make a very good pair of starting OTs. I think Thomas and Bruss have the potential to be good OGs. Toner was supposedly getting coached up at center by both the Rams and his previous team. If so he would be the likely backup to Allen. Anchrum is undersized but might have potential as a backup center as well. But I think they will draft a center either in the 3rd or more likely the 5th round. I like Ryan Wendell as OL coach. It's nice to finally have a position coach who actually played 9 years on the OL in the NFL as a OG and Center. I think the OL injuries will revert back to a normal number this season.
He has had more time missed for injuries than just those two. In fact every time he has been plugged in as a starter he has end up hurt after a short period. That is why he got such a cheap deal to play LOT.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I'm ready to move on from Edwards, I was looking forward to giving Anchrum a chance last season because I think he'd be good and then immediately went down. Bruss looked bad before he tore his ACL... reason why he tore his ACL was he was getting beat so bad he leg whipped himself out of the season... but hopefully that was just rookie issues. I'm hoping a combo of Bruss, Anchrum, or Jackson (depending on who is our LT) can handle the guard duties. I'd like to draft another IOL somewhere in the draft if not two though.
New OL coaches Wendell & Kromer will have 4 signed OG's going into OTA's to work with who were here last season.

Anchrum/ Bruss/ Brewer/ Thomas & possibly Alaric Jackson too. So I see no reason to seek & pay high for a UFA David Edwards to return.
He has had more time missed for injuries than just those two. In fact every time he has been plugged in as a starter he has end up hurt after a short period. That is why he got such a cheap deal to play LOT.
You are correct blackbart.

JN's Professional NFL Resume:
2018-
Top draft pick JN was assigned Back-Up position & remained healthy for the entire season. In his rookie season, JN only got 78 snaps with the offense.

2019-Coach Kromer awarded JN a starting position. JN did not finish his 5th start. JN suffered a torn ACL and MCL on October 15, 2019, & placed on season-ending Injured Reserve. JN has reconstructive knee surgery.

2020- JN awarded a starting OL position. After starting 3 gms on September 24, 2020 JN suffered a calf injury & placed on Injured Reserve. He was activated on November 14, 2020, as a Reserve OL. JN was injured again & out for the Packer's 1/16/2021 playoff gm.

2021- JN assigned as Back-Up OL'er. As a Back up he started 2 regular-season gms. JN was placed on the Reserve/COVID-19 list on Dec. 18, 2021. JN got in 173 snaps during the regular season with the offense. During the NFC Championship gm JN injured his chest. JN was placed on season-ending IR missing the Super Bowl. JN only took a total of 15.9 % of the snaps with the regular offense in 2021.

2022- JN replaced Whitworth as a starter. He started 6 gms & suffered a torn Achilles & placed in season-ending Injured Reserve.

Noteboom has been on the Injured Reserve 4 times -2019/ 2020/ 2021/ 2022, plus the Covid IR once in 5 seasons. Fact!

Last edited: