Rams hoping to get Quinn, Zuerlein, Others Back Soon

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Rams hoping to get Robert Quinn, Greg Zuerlein, others back soon
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-ra...t-robert-quinn-greg-zuerlein-others-back-soon

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- The St. Louis Rams' list of inactives for Sunday's game against the Cincinnati Bengals was filled with important contributors. None more so than defensive end Robert Quinn, the two-time Pro Bowler who doubles as the team's best edge rusher.

Quinn has been dealing with injury issues since the bye week, first a knee, then a hip and now a back. He's now missed the last two games and three of the past four. In the one game he did play on Nov. 15 against Chicago, Quinn got only 14 snaps.

Quinn's status has been as clear as mud since the bye, but Rams coach Jeff Fisher offered some hope on Monday afternoon that Quinn could return sooner than later.

"Rob Quinn had a really good session well before pregame warm-ups, so we’re encouraged there," Fisher said. "He had a good workout today. We’re going to see if we can get him back on the practice field here on Wednesday."

Quinn hasn't done much practicing since before the Week 5 game against Green Bay, but getting him back during the week would be a good sign that he's actually closer to returning.

“It’s rest and rehab and core strengthening and those kind of things," Fisher said. "We’re going to keep an eye on it. He’s encouraged. He wants to come back. He doesn’t have 100 percent of his lower body strength right now.”

Quinn isn't the only injured Ram trying to get back into action. Fisher said the Rams are hoping to get quarterback Case Keenum (concussion), right tackle Rob Havenstein (calf) and cornerback Trumaine Johnson (thigh) back on the practice field at some point this week. Keenum hasn't passed the concussion protocol yet, but Fisher seemed confident that he could do so soon and be limited or better by Wednesday's practice. Havenstein is in even better shape after he was active but did not start in Cincinnati. Johnson's status is more uncertain, but Fisher said he hasn't been ruled out this week yet, either.

Aside from Quinn, the biggest question might center on kicker Greg Zuerlein, who suffered a right groin injury in last Friday's practice and was inactive against Cincinnati. The Rams signed Zach Hocker to replace Zuerlein against the Bengals, but it's unclear when or if Zuerlein will return this week.

"We’re just going to see how he is later in the week," Fisher said. "It’s probably unlikely that he kicks any time before Friday, maybe Saturday. We don’t want to stress the injury. It’s kind of a ... I’d describe it as a hip flexor strain, something along those lines. Zach did a good job for us. He hit the good extra point, then he kicked off, got the two touchbacks. We’ll just see how they are. From the injury front, we’re getting better. We’ve got a chance to get some people back.”

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I kinda like to see the defense without Quinn, Donald, and Ogletree. Lets find out, who can really play and needs to be here. I'd be in favor of sitting Jenkins & Johnson also....I wanna see if we can find some LBs & Safeties & Corners that wanna play.....

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I kinda like to see the defense without Quinn, Donald, and Ogletree. Lets find out, who can really play and needs to be here. I'd be in favor of sitting Jenkins & Johnson also....I wanna see if we can find some LBs & Safeties & Corners that wanna play.....
I don't think that's a good idea unless you want the team to lose by 80pts

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Rams hoping to get Robert Quinn, Greg Zuerlein, others back soon
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-ra...t-robert-quinn-greg-zuerlein-others-back-soon

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- The St. Louis Rams' list of inactives for Sunday's game against the Cincinnati Bengals was filled with important contributors. None more so than defensive end Robert Quinn, the two-time Pro Bowler who doubles as the team's best edge rusher.

Quinn has been dealing with injury issues since the bye week, first a knee, then a hip and now a back. He's now missed the last two games and three of the past four. In the one game he did play on Nov. 15 against Chicago, Quinn got only 14 snaps.

Quinn's status has been as clear as mud since the bye, but Rams coach Jeff Fisher offered some hope on Monday afternoon that Quinn could return sooner than later.

"Rob Quinn had a really good session well before pregame warm-ups, so we’re encouraged there," Fisher said. "He had a good workout today. We’re going to see if we can get him back on the practice field here on Wednesday."

Quinn hasn't done much practicing since before the Week 5 game against Green Bay, but getting him back during the week would be a good sign that he's actually closer to returning.

“It’s rest and rehab and core strengthening and those kind of things," Fisher said. "We’re going to keep an eye on it. He’s encouraged. He wants to come back. He doesn’t have 100 percent of his lower body strength right now.”

Quinn isn't the only injured Ram trying to get back into action. Fisher said the Rams are hoping to get quarterback Case Keenum (concussion), right tackle Rob Havenstein (calf) and cornerback Trumaine Johnson (thigh) back on the practice field at some point this week. Keenum hasn't passed the concussion protocol yet, but Fisher seemed confident that he could do so soon and be limited or better by Wednesday's practice. Havenstein is in even better shape after he was active but did not start in Cincinnati. Johnson's status is more uncertain, but Fisher said he hasn't been ruled out this week yet, either.

Aside from Quinn, the biggest question might center on kicker Greg Zuerlein, who suffered a right groin injury in last Friday's practice and was inactive against Cincinnati. The Rams signed Zach Hocker to replace Zuerlein against the Bengals, but it's unclear when or if Zuerlein will return this week.

"We’re just going to see how he is later in the week," Fisher said. "It’s probably unlikely that he kicks any time before Friday, maybe Saturday. We don’t want to stress the injury. It’s kind of a ... I’d describe it as a hip flexor strain, something along those lines. Zach did a good job for us. He hit the good extra point, then he kicked off, got the two touchbacks. We’ll just see how they are. From the injury front, we’re getting better. We’ve got a chance to get some people back.”
If just Hav, can come back, and we move Reynolds, back to G. Let me tell you....this would be huge.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
In my humble opinion I think Quinn is the one player that we can't lose. His presence changes everthing, even Donald doesn't look the same without Quinn