Rams hire Thomas Brown

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like it. And he's only 33. Is this going to be the youngest coaching staff ever?
Pretty sure it already was before the hire. He's definitely got a game plan and is moving forward with it.

dang

Legend
Improve run offense and run defense by 15% and the Rams are back in the playoffs ready to do some damage.

Ram65

Legend
Hard-working and demanding coach is just what the running backs need. He will get the most out of all the running backs. It looks like a great hire. Georgia background helps too. McVay seems to be tapped into the young and upcoming coaches which is great for him and the Rams.

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Now if they will get rid of Kromer and Dickenson.

Don’t know how long you’ve been a Rams fan, but to me he is one of the better O’line coaches The Rams have had in awhile.

To each there own though.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

"Reports that the LA Rams are hiring former South Carolina RB coach Thomas Brown likely signals adding a fullback to the Rams offense. That’s Brown’s specialty"
Though I put about as much credence in reports from that source as I would somebody reading tea leaves the fullback is an interesting thought. They literally have no source or cite any for this article just like a lot of their stuff.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing

"Reports that the LA Rams are hiring former South Carolina RB coach Thomas Brown likely signals adding a fullback to the Rams offense. That’s Brown’s specialty"
Does this mean we're adding some 21/22 personnel to our reportoire, using some of the 9ers tricks this year?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Though I put about as much credence in reports from that source as I would somebody reading tea leaves the fullback is an interesting thought. They literally have no source or cite any for this article just like a lot of their stuff.
True, nothing but the history of Brown being involved & utilizing FB's where he has had jobs coaching.

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
True, nothing but the history of Brown being involved & utilizing FB's where he has had jobs coaching.
Yet they don't mention that. Search the article and they mention fullback twice the headline and the the header before the article starts. To find anything about about whether this is true or not you have to go to outside area's to look into the coach. I just have an issue with ramblin I guess they post fan written speculations articles and people treat them as gospel.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Yet they don't mention that. Search the article and they mention fullback twice the headline and the the header before the article starts. To find anything about about whether this is true or not you have to go to outside area's to look into the coach. I just have an issue with ramblin I guess they post fan written speculations articles and people treat them as gospel.
Yes I am like you not a fan of this Rams site either.

I noted this paragraph by Bret Stuter on the 2nd page:

"Well for starters, the South Carolina Gamecocks recruited fullbacks to their team for the 2020 season, recruiting that was spearheaded by Brown. In 2018, the Miami Hurricanes converted to a fullback in the offense. Prior to that, the Georgia Bulldogs employed a fullback under Coach Brown, but was phased out after 2016. So too had the Wisconsin Badgers used the fullback position in 2014. Can you see the pattern here? "

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Gurley's issue is injuries. Coaching isn't the problem.

That is the case but a nice take away is that you probably dont hire him if youre planning on dumping gurley.

This hire plus the fact that the rams know their usage of todd has to be different than last year tells me there is no inclination to trade or limit him as they did last season.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame

Damn it. Where's Madison Hedgecock when we need him?