Rams Head Coach Jeff Fisher

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Shaky

Rams Head Coach Jeff Fisher

(On the first fumble and fumble recovery of the season)
“We knew they were going to come. I hope they keep coming. It’s nice to end the game on our first caused fumble and recovered fumble of the year. Thursday nights are challenges. They’re challenges for both teams, especially difficult to travel, and then on top of that to play a physical game like both teams did tonight, that was really impressive efforts by both teams. (Cardinals head coach) Ken’s (Whisenhunt) got a really fine team, which is evident by his defense and by the way they played. Happy for our guys. We put the short-week concept behind us this afternoon and we talked about trying to find a way to win the game and enjoy the long week ahead, so we’re going to need that because we’ve got a few guys banged up.”

(On the defense’s effort)
“It was a great effort. The team had a sense for what we had to do because going into this game with the respect factor for their defense, their defense is really, really talented, and so we knew it was going to be a hard day at work, offensively, so the defense had to step up and they did.”

(On the Rams’ pass rush)
“We had seven guys up. We had four tackles and three ends and they were on the field an awful lot, but they got consistent pressure throughout the day. We were a little bit frustrated with (Cardinals QB) Kevin’s (Kolb) mobility, he’s really a fine quarterback from a leg standpoint, but we hung in there and that was, obviously, the difference. We got sacks. We got field position changes. We were just lucky to get away with it.”

full transcripts: http://www.nflfans.com/rams2/article.ph ... 5062026918

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have to say, when they were looking at Fisher as the next coach, I just didn't know what to think. I wasn't excited about the hire to say the least. Well, Coach Fisher, you have completely won me over. 3-2 record, winning ugly or lossing a close one, Sam is still throwing touchdowns while RB's are grinding away running yards (we seem to always be in a position to win). Trick plays, having the guts to go for a 60 yard FG, time management and complete respect for the other teams and coaches during interviews. He says all the right things. The Rams are now the Rams I had hoped for at least for the last 5 years and it's all because of Stan getting Fisher. Coach, if you need me to shine your shoes or wash your car, please let me know. You are indeed the boss and are running a hell of a show!

Let the Bandwagon fans come aboard, we here at ROD are the die hards, the believers when they were 1-15. The ones bleeding blue and gold through the most horrific 5 years of losing in NFL history. History. History. I like that word. Welcome to the present and the new winning RAMS.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
RamsSince1969 said:
I have to say, when they were looking at Fisher as the next coach, I just didn't know what to think. I wasn't excited about the hire to say the least. Well, Coach Fisher, you have completely won me over. 3-2 record, winning ugly or lossing a close one, Sam is still throwing touchdowns while RB's are grinding away running yards (we seem to always be in a position to win). Trick plays, having the guts to go for a 60 yard FG, time management and complete respect for the other teams and coaches during interviews. He says all the right things. The Rams are now the Rams I had hoped for at least for the last 5 years and it's all because of Stan getting Fisher. Coach, if you need me to shine your shoes or wash your car, please let me know. You are indeed the boss and are running a hell of a show!

Let the Bandwagon fans come aboard, we here at ROD are the die hards, the believers when they were 1-15. The ones bleeding blue and gold through the most horrific 5 years of losing in NFL history. History. History. I like that word. Welcome to the present and the new winning RAMS.
Me likey.

I wasn't 100% on board either initially, and I have no shame admitting it. After he was hired I quickly went back through his record as a coach and tried to find out why he had sub .500 seasons, and I realized I had no reason to doubt him. He suffered the same exact fate almost every coach suffers when their team gets beat up with injuries. BUT. He never went down without a fight. Even when his Titans teams were decimated with injuries, they still put points on the board and rarely got smoked. Except for that one game against the Patriots in the snow. Holy crap that was bad.

But I digress.

I'm glad we have Fisher and his coaching staff too. This is a VERY young team and they're playing like defending Champions week in and week out. There is no quit in this team (not that there ever was), and this defense is flat out nasty. I love, love, love, love, LOVE defensive football; and this ... is it.

You'd like to see more offensive output against top 5 defenses, but who the hell can complain about winning? They'll come around. Quick - rookie. Givens - rookie. Kendricks - 2nd year. Pettis - 2nd year. Steve Smith - new offense. Amendola - amazing. Gibson - there when you need him. It's coming. We'll lose some games this year, but I can't ever see them being out of any of them right now.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
I, too, was doubtful of the Fisher hire. He, too, has won me over. Love the way our D is playing, especially the CBs. Let's stay healthy and keep this D rolling. Our O will come around.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I still have a great deal of respect for Spags and BD. They faced a daunting task. I also will admit being less than excited by the idea of switching coaching staffs and honestly didn't know much about Fish other than his demeanor on the sideline. That I liked but I was not really excited.

Fast forward to the end of the AZ game and I'm talking to my Dad on the phone giving him play by play and telling him this is a COMPLETELY different team this year. Fish was a pretty good coach before - I have to think the time off was really good for him and a fresh start with his stamp all over a team is what he needed and wanted. I am VERY impressed.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Let's see now.....ahhh, ummm, let me think....former USC Trojan,..... hmm, OK, I think that I like him. :whome?: :razzed: :sly:

Sorry X, I couldn't help myself (again)

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
ramsince62 said:
Let's see now.....ahhh, ummm, let me think....former USC Trojan,..... hmm, OK, I think that I like him. :whome?: :razzed: :sly:

I don't think X has a dislike for USC - just Pete. But now 24 is another story. He's a Domer. :sick: :7up:

And let's not forget that Fish grew up watching the LA Rams and was a coach for the Rams at one time.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
RamFan503 said:
ramsince62 said:

I don't think X has a dislike for USC - just Pete. But now 24 is another story. He's a Domer. :sick: :7up:

And let's not forget that Fish grew up watching the LA Rams and was a coach for the Rams at one time.
Understood 503, just teasing a bit. :ww:

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
RamFan503 said:
I still have a great deal of respect for Spags and BD. They faced a daunting task. I also will admit being less than excited by the idea of switching coaching staffs and honestly didn't know much about Fish other than his demeanor on the sideline. That I liked but I was not really excited.

Fast forward to the end of the AZ game and I'm talking to my Dad on the phone giving him play by play and telling him this is a COMPLETELY different team this year. Fish was a pretty good coach before - I have to think the time off was really good for him and a fresh start with his stamp all over a team is what he needed and wanted. I am VERY impressed.
I pretty much agree. I think BD and Spags did an admirable job. However, this team is so ridiculously well coached this year. It just looks completely different. From the confidence, to the improved scheming, to the improved technique it's just much better. This year when there's an injury the team doesn't panic, they still have confidence and they do their job. When was the last time the Rams were like that?

superfan24

Starter
RamFan503 said:
ramsince62 said:

4-0 :mrgreen:
Football hasn't gone this well into October for a long time. Keep it going!!!!