Rams have SO many questions as Cards game approaches…

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Not sure I’ve ever seen anything like it so early on.

Where to start?

Can gunslinger Stafford get a handle on some of his stupid throws? Small windows and tipped passes are one thing but the stupid throws have gotta stop. ESPECIALLY when he has a 3 TD lead!

Is Akers still hurt or is it a lack of confidence in his Achilles? Is this the week he explodes? Better late than never.

Can Rams OL do it’s job? We’re on our planned backup OC and our planned 3rd RG. Gulp…

Can/will Rams finally get a much needed 100+ yard game rushing? That’s all RB’s COMBINED? We are in the cellar league wide in rushing. That’s pathetic for a SB contender. A decent running game makes the whole scoring Offense so much easier.

Can Morris manufacture at least a modest edge pressure this week? This has GOT to improve against QB’s like Murray.

Who would have believed that Rams would be down to starting their 5th and 6th CB’s by game 3? That’s stunning. How is Morris gonna scheme THAT?

Will the Rams’ ST coverage and return teams blocking and tackling be at least respectable for a change? Rams need it.

Be prepared to see a few of the players signed just this week getting some snaps. Not ideal, but it is what it is. Rams kinda already have their backs to the wall by game 3. Didn’t see THAT coming.

I don’t think it’s a stretch to say that the Rams playoff run starts this week. This is a division game against a legit opponent and do I need to remind anybody that wins and losses in September count just as much as those of December? Word to the wise Ram coaches. Don’t hold back on this one, show us some killer instinct.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Not gonna lie, this team does not look good to me this year, and injuries are a big reason why.

We really need Van back to stretch the field, since apparently Tutu is merely a myth at this point. As you mentioned, the running game is not keeping anyone honest, and Stafford is making bone headed throws at am alarming rate thus far.

I'm still smiling every Sunday. You can't even get me upset this season. The Rams gave us such a great season a year ago, I just can't be mad at em.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
DC Morris secondary is going into this game with a skeleton crew.

They will play this game without Troy Hill, Jordan Fuller (Hammy), David Long (Hammy)& their best 2022 draft selection Decobie Durant(Hammy).

DC Morris should be okay @ safety with Nick Scott/ Taylor Rapp/ Terrell Burgess & Rookie Russ Yeast.

McVay might call up one of their PS corners who have been here since the OTA's CB Grant Haley has been with Morris since last season so he knows this defense. DC Morris seems to like Haley. TJ Carter is a UDFA rookie from Texas Christian who has been here since the beginning of this season too.

The very small corner
Shaun Jolly 5-8 1/2/180 was plucked from a PS to the MR53 so he will most likely suit up. Just guessing here but Jolly appears to be a pure Nickle corner.

So DC Morris will have only 3 of his corners available in
Jalen Ramsey/ Derion Kendrick/ Robert Rochell.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
The D front has got to get pressure to help the DBs this week. If that means bringing more than 4, they better get home.

VJ going to IR is bullshit, not sure how that situation happened but first look seems like it was mishandled.

Is Brown going to be active, he has to be the third RB, right?

1-2 with SF up next looks really bad.

dang

Legend
I see the Rams org turning over every stone as they weather a shit storm of injuries. That’s all us Rams fans can ask if the org. I still see a couple big events by mid-season (OBJ, B Brown adding DL depth, OL/FB tinkering to boost the run game, MCKinley stepping up or a move for another proven Edge) so it’s an iterative approach that is quite effective and calming for the bumps in a season.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
I've got a list of Rams worries, but Stafford isn't one of them. Re-watched most of the Atlanta game, and Staff had some absolutely elite throws. He started out 12 for 12. The toe tapper to Kupp down the right sideline when he had pressure in his face. The sick sidearm pass to Higbee, which was on the money but Higs couldn't reel it in. The overhead fade to Kupp for a TD. And the list goes on.

Anyone hear Stafford's explanation for the 2 INT's? He was shaking his head looking at the replays, so I know he was pissed at himself. They both did indeed look like poor decisions (as opposed to errant throws).

Anyway, I think Stafford had an excellent game vs ATL with 2 bad mistakes. The O put up 31 points. IMHO the Rams have plenty of things to worry about, but Stafford isn't one of them.

Last edited:

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
I liked that Stafford seemed to be pissed at himself on the sideline after those errant throws last week. Shows he KNOWS he needs to be better and I'm confident he will be.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some more wrinkles in the run game this week and moving thru the year. I was asking for 2 RB (FB/RB) sets since last season. Maybe Malcom Brown is going to play that FB spot a bit?

All that talk about Tutu... were the Rams just trying to get someone to bite on him for a 5th rounder maybe? All that talk in pre-season and he has yet to flash anything of substance.

Need to see some better tackling and stop getting gashed for 5+ yard runs all the time. Tighter press coverage instead of 8+ yard cushion. Our DBs are being left out to dry with this soft zone bs. Lets get some QB pressure and show some killer instinct. These 1 possession point differential games are getting too frequent and too risky. How about we win one by 10+ ffs?

LFG!