Rams GM Les Snead: Jared Goff helped the Rams land Matthew Stafford | The Colin Cowherd Podcast

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
When the dust settles from this trade GMs are going to think twice about letting that talented vet QB go finish somewhere else. This is exactly why I say if I was the Green Bay GM there is no way in hell I'd let Rodgers go somewhere else and rub my nose in shit for another few years. Packers were smart IMO. Detroit should have played hardball.

The picks are nice of course. But we're about to see the value of a QB who is fully matured and in mastery of the basics of this game, when paired with a good gameplanner and play caller. It ain't easy to hit on one of these guys. And once you do you have to weather the growing pains and that young QB fucking up to learn. So like I've said before the Rams basically exchanged picks to install a QB who doesn't have to go through that shit. Who has mastered all that stuff.

And btw I believe what Snead's saying, that Goff helped us get that done. Because he's got high pick talent which is also not easy to get on your roster. The Lions know he's not been the same guy. They saw the film. They're just betting that they can surround him like we did in 2018 with good talent and a strong run game and be in good shape plus have those picks.

But again just IMO it's gonna be hard for Detroit to watch their QB go on to win rings here. Because I think that's gonna happen.
I don't think Detroit will regret the trade. They were not going anywhere. They were not winning any more or less with either QB. They could have a qb that will grow with them if the new GM makes good moves. They were rebuilding either way.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
No way I’m catching any balls she’s “throwing”…
I've been in bars where it's darts they're "throwing" and they pop balloons and shit. And they aren't using their hands. :laugh4:

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
He also got sacked the 3rd play of the game.
Didn't realize he had to block too...

I saw the play, was no pocket to step into and nobody was open. Why risk a throw where he could get hit and get picked or have a forced fumble etc...

Ram65

Legend
Listening to Les he sounds like what many posters have said about making the trade. Upgrading to Stafford to take advantage of skill players and defenders in their prime. We may never know if Snead went looking for the upgrade or not. In the end, it doesn't matter because the deal is done. So far everyone has acted with class from Goff to Stafford to McVay to Snead. The debate will go on for a long time about the right move or not. I wish Goff luck because he helped get the Rams back on the winning track and to the SB. I'm still glad the Rams have Stafford at QB.