Rams GM Les Snead: Jared Goff helped the Rams land Matthew Stafford | The Colin Cowherd Podcast

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

looks like the other trade thread is locked. let's try again.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Yeah, so it wasn't so much about "losing faith" in, or being down on Goff as it was the opportunity to acquire Stafford.

Anyone know if this was a recent interview? is the whole thing out there somewhere?

Zodi

Hall of Fame
Anyone know if this was a recent interview?

The video was posted 16hrs ago.

I appreciate everything Goff did for this team. I'll still follow him for a while to see what he does in Detroit. Snead basically said they didn't want to waste Donald and Ramseys prime years seeing if Goff could ever take control of a pro-style offense the way Stafford does. I think thats fair. You can be a fan of Goff and understand dude had limitations. I'm excited to see how Stafford and McVay mesh together. I think the only truly elite QB as of late we've seen in this Shanahan offense was Matt Ryan, and he won MVP and took the Falcons to the Superbowl running it.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Goff did go 7-9 yesterday, so I think maybe we made a mistake in trading him.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
So was I.
Big Mouth Lol GIF by MOODMAN

ottoman89

Name
Josh Otto
I'm on my phone and couldn't do the blue font. Glad y'all caught my sarcasm, haha

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm on my phone and couldn't do the blue font. Glad y'all caught my sarcasm, haha

this might help you or anyone else with that problem.

ottoman89

Name
Josh Otto
this might help you or anyone else with that problem.

I think I need to select blue font before I even type. If I select all I can't click on anything due to my copy paste box coming up

Tano

Legend
And almost threw an interception just before.
Eh - It wasn't a great decision on his part but it was the first play of preseason - sheesh

And he threw it where only his guy could catch it.

The defensive player would have had to be able to catch balls one handed to intercept that pass.

And if they can - they are usually on the offensive side.

As to the sack - I rewatched the play and Sewell didn't get beat that bad.

The right guard got horribly beat and Goff backed up to where Sewell was pushing his guy.

Goff had nowhere to go on that play and I admit he kinda sucks at avoiding the rush up the middle.

He is okay on outside rushes if he is able to step up in the pocket but he wasn't able to step up because the right guards man was right there to tackle Goff.

As to the PI - I think Goff underthrew that ball and the defensive back made a great play on the ball - NO PI imho.

Of course I only got to see the condensed version of the play - not any of the replays so couldn't see if the CB was holding the WRs arms or not.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame

looks like the other trade thread is locked. let's try again.

Interesting and diplomatic comments. Imo Les is credible when he says that key factors (not saying the only ones) were Stafford's experience and the Rams' window with the players they already have (Aaron Donald.)

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
When the dust settles from this trade GMs are going to think twice about letting that talented vet QB go finish somewhere else. This is exactly why I say if I was the Green Bay GM there is no way in hell I'd let Rodgers go somewhere else and rub my nose in shit for another few years. Packers were smart IMO. Detroit should have played hardball.

The picks are nice of course. But we're about to see the value of a QB who is fully matured and in mastery of the basics of this game, when paired with a good gameplanner and play caller. It ain't easy to hit on one of these guys. And once you do you have to weather the growing pains and that young QB fucking up to learn. So like I've said before the Rams basically exchanged picks to install a QB who doesn't have to go through that shit. Who has mastered all that stuff.

And btw I believe what Snead's saying, that Goff helped us get that done. Because he's got high pick talent which is also not easy to get on your roster. The Lions know he's not been the same guy. They saw the film. They're just betting that they can surround him like we did in 2018 with good talent and a strong run game and be in good shape plus have those picks.

But again just IMO it's gonna be hard for Detroit to watch their QB go on to win rings here. Because I think that's gonna happen.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
If i wanted to break it off with my psycho stripper girlfriend i'd ask Snead to do the talking.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
He also got sacked the 3rd play of the game.
Dude the entire Lion QB corps attempted 30 passes and got sacked 4 times.
I know its preseason, but there was some serious floodgates going on.
Especially considering teams traditionally don't do a lot of blitzing in preseason.