Rams getting calls for Langford

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mick

Pro Bowler
After the game today, I say deal him if we can get at least a 3rd....we are going to need the picks to rebuild our OL, LB, and QB...we have needs, and with this season up in smoke, I say do it.

V3

Hall of Fame
Are we going to win anything this year or next? Most likely not so why not get something for him while you still can?

jdhommert

Rookie
Come on. We're not getting a 2nd rounder for Langford. That's nuts. My guess at the best offer we'll get...a 5th or 6th rounder.

A lot of you guys are good with cutting Langford this off-season. He's not worth a 2nd.
This.

No way in hell he's worth close to a 2nd. At best you are looking at a 4th, probably a 5th maybe 6th. If he didn't have another year you'd look at a 6th at best. I think having Langford through next year is better than a potential special teamer or something.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I'd just keep him for now. Try to salvage as much of the season as possible. He is one of the few Vets on the team that have been here since Fisher started.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
This.

No way in hell he's worth close to a 2nd. At best you are looking at a 4th, probably a 5th maybe 6th. If he didn't have another year you'd look at a 6th at best. I think having Langford through next year is better than a potential special teamer or something.

He could be worth a second round choice. It all depends on how badly a team thinks they need his services, and how many options they have. We are talking about teams thinking they need a piece to reach the Superbowl. That changes value.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Some of you guys wanna keep a rotational player in a season going down the tubes....with the risk of losing him for nothing in return....are you serious?

Hell, I'd include Carrington too if they'd make it a 2nd and we could get McKinney in the draft.....

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
I'd trade him... but we would nevr get a second you kidding me? Brandon Marshall was what two 3's? or 4's? Langford isn't a game changer or beast... It'll be a 5th at the best and I'd still take that.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Some of you guys wanna keep a rotational player in a season going down the tubes....with the risk of losing him for nothing in return....are you serious?

Hell, I'd include Carrington too if they'd make it a 2nd and we could get McKinney in the draft.....

I'd keep Langford. He's a quality rotational player. Carrington, not so much.

Here's the thing. We're gonna have a boatload of cap dollars from the release of Bradford, Wells, and J Long, alone. We won't need cap dollars. We'll need healthy young players that are known quantities that are affordable and good teammates (like Langford).

After today, it seems obvious that we have much bigger holes at numerous other positions.

Shouldn't our limited draft picks and future FA cap dollars be devoted to THOSE areas?

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
At this point, if we can get a good young offensive linemen for Langford, I might take him. We need to rebuild our line, and a young guy that Boudreau can mold would be great for us.

Jumava1968

Starter
Name
Jumava
I would not do it, anytime you see a trade in the NFL its never for a high pick.Its its always for a 5th,6th or 7th and everybody is like that's all they gave up for him why didn't we get him.So NO I'd rather hold on to Langford he's too valuable in our rotation.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I'd keep Langford. He's a quality rotational player. Carrington, not so much.

Here's the thing. We're gonna have a boatload of cap dollars from the release of Bradford, Wells, and J Long, alone. We won't need cap dollars. We'll need healthy young players that are known quantities that are affordable and good teammates (like Langford).

Langford is far too expensive to maintain as a rotational player here, ... some base 3 - 4 team will want him as a DE.

As far as CAP dollars go, with guys like Britt, Kendricks, Barksdale, Hekker, Harkey & others due for free agency, we'll be spending plenty of those CAP dollars just to keep them for our own depth. The potential savings from Bradford, Wells, JLong & Langford, although very nice, we'll need every penney we can get for making/signing the kind of potential improvements we will have a shot at. jmo.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Speaking of trades, I wonder if we could get Jonathan Cooper from the Cardinals. He's not playing for them, and they're looking for a pass rusher and we need good young offensive linemen. Boudreau could do amazing things with Cooper.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
After today they may wish to trade Langford for an OL. If the Rams can get a young promising guard for him, for instance, it might be necessary to trade from a strength to fill a hole.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I'd do it in a heartbeat! Are you kidding me? Sure, he gets some playing time and is a good player...but this team is going NO WHERE this year. Trade him and get something of value for the future!

fearsomefour

Legend
Your so right den. It's not like Brockers has not had lower nagging leg injury issues his first three seasons!

I would think that another element would come into thought too if considering a trade like this ....the Rams standings here just about @ the half way of the season.. Out of the 16 NFC teams the Rams would look up & see 11 teams ahead of them. Rams are also bottom dwellers in the western division. Rams also lost to the NFC bottom dwellers Vikings. So that's one heck of a road to travel to get to one of those playoff spots.

If your thinking you do not need your top 3rd DT and that only back up to Brockers for a non playoff season then you might make that trade. I am not there.
To me it depends if you believe the Rams can be a playoff team next year. Young team, so, I would not move him. Like I posted somewhere else if the Rams continue to play this badly might as well blow it up....except they are so young there is not much to blow up. Jake Long, Bradford, Langford....
Not much of a point in moving Langford unless someone overpays for a pick (unlikely) or the Rams got a starting quality player who is young enough to be a long term answer at a position of need (more unlikely than someone sending a high draft pick).

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
After today, it seems obvious that we have much bigger holes at numerous other positions.

Shouldn't our limited draft picks and future FA cap dollars be devoted to THOSE areas?

I don't know how to say this, and it's not really directed at you...but I'm am so tired of getting the raw deal in all this FA mess...No more please...all draft & UDFA's please...lets build from the ground up...and take our lumps...believe it or not, we're close....