Rams get new ST coach. Joe DeCamillis

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TexasRam

Legend
1611278721053.gif

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
We need gunners too. Some lengthy types who can get downfield and disrupt shit.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Reports: Rams Hire Former Jaguars Special Teams Coordinator Joe DeCamillis
The Los Angeles Rams have hired away Joe DeCamillis, the longtime special teams coordinator who spent the past four seasons with the Jacksonville Jaguars. Under his tutelage, the Jags statistically had some of the best special teams in the league.
KASSIDY HILLUPDATED:JAN 21, 2021

The Jacksonville Jaguars coaching staff continues to experience substantial turnover as new head coach Urban Meyer looks to fill out his first NFL coaching staff.
The newest change came with Special Teams Coordinator Joe DeCamillis. The longtime special teams coach will be joining the Los Angeles Rams in the same role, according to multiple reports.

View: https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/1352305496859017221?s=20

DeCamillis has been a respected special teams coach in the NFL since 1988, always serving in that role. His first stint with the Jaguars came from 2007-2008. He rejoined the Jags in 2017 and had served as the special teams coordinator through this past 2020 season.
Under DeCamillis’ reign, the Jags special team units had become a strength on an otherwise maligned team. Kicker Josh Lambo led the league in field goal percentage (minimum 10 kicks) in 2019 and punter Logan Cooke has been in the Top 10 in the league the past two seasons in punting average.
Between Dede Westbrook (2018) and Keelan Cole (2020) the Jaguars under DeCamillis have had two top four punt returners in the NFL in their respective seasons (minimum five returned punts) as well as a punt returned for a touchdown with both guys.

View: https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/1328050835083943939?s=20

Can the Rams sign cole? My head started hurting every time i saw kupp or Webster back there.

TexasRam

Legend
We need gunners too. Some lengthy types who can get downfield and disrupt shit.
100%
We were getting killed on gunners, and then not knowing rules and causing penalties is unacceptable.

Also the gunner blockers whatever they are called.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Bonamego is dealing with cancer. I’ve seen it suggested that the Rams may have ‘kicked him upstairs’ as a humanitarian gesture so that he could retain his health insurance.

If so, then I’m okay with it.

Psycho_X

Legend
Bonamego is dealing with cancer. I’ve seen it suggested that the Rams may have ‘kicked him upstairs’ as a humanitarian gesture so that he could retain his health insurance.

Hmm, well that's a bummer and now I feel bad. Good job to how the Rams handled this if true. Wish him a quick and full recovery.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

In that case, I'm fine with him staying in a front office role. Hope he beats it.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Hope Bonamego makes a full and fast recovery and retires!!!

1maGoh

Hall of Fame

If that didn't have an impact on his coaching, I'd be shocked. Poor dude. We've been roasting him and calling for him to be fired all year, turns out he has cancer. I'm glad he's with a good organization that will take care of him like that. Similar to how we took care of that kid we drafted with a heart condition. Good people.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG

Kudo's to the rams, for that classy move.....
I've seen something like this in real life.... my grandfather was the skipper/first mate/deck-hand on a sailboat, for some well off folks.... The owners also got too advanced in years to sail much - so they sold the sailboat & acquired a 45 foot cruiser - basically, so that my grandpa would have a job, income, etc... People like this, do not come around often enough, in this life.
CONGRATS to the Rams FO!

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I thought the name rang the faintest of bells...

And then reading that article that DeCamillis was one of the Cowboys staff injured when their training building collapsed... coaching 9 days later with a fractured vertebra??????????

I remember at the time thinking the world of a guy who could do that... didn't matter that he was on the Cowboy staff.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I applaud the Rams for keeping Bonamego on as advisor. Rather seem them be gracious than ruthless.

And after all, they had enough confidence in him to hire him. He may well have some insight that remains valuable (though not including picking the field goal kicker or coaching x and o's on coverage and returns.)

I’ll be the minority on this one.The Rams we’re bringing young players in and out of the lineup all season.Plus he did not get a whole lot of practice in with players to develop his system.
The Rams went through a bunch of kickers.They finally were set on Gay who was very consistent.The fumble Kiser had was huge against Seattle.I didn’t like Copper Kupp as a PR guy.I thought the PR game got better towards the end of the season.
—For anyone thinking this hire was anything other than because Coach Joe Bo isn’t able to continue coaching are being Naïve imo.
This is an excellent hire & great Mcvay keeps moving faster than That Jacksonville coach is funny.Urban Myers I’m cheering big time against & hope nothing more than a losing season.