Rams free agency search turns up 3 undervalued veteran centers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm not sure that the Rams have enough salary cap room to sign a free-agent AT ALL much less a center.

Vet minimum is still a good amount of cash.
Snead said they could bring back all their FAs if they wanted to. Granted that is at the Rams' price but even if you knock a few million off each deal and total it up it means the cap isn't going to stop them from doing what they want.

IMO they may want to save one of the big restructures for next offseason. Ramsey for example. Not sure if they can pull that off though.

I expect they may take a shot here. Like go apeshit in fact with a two or three year window after which it's a rebuild.

oldnotdead

Legend
I think the Rams will stay with the guys they have. Shelton IMO is an underrated prospect. He can play OG and Center, though C is his best fit. He would bring beef and power missing in Blythe. He also is better on the second level blocking. Bythe looked lost at time when asked to make second level blocks which a center must do if the Rams want an inside run game. In short yardage, Blythe simply got no push as he simply lacks the power they need inside.

I really think McVay will go to a power run attack. But to do so he must have a legit FB for a lead blocker and as a play-action receiver.
IMO they could easily transition Brown to FB as he had the speed, hands and power to play the position.