Rams first pitched Marcus Peters to Browns for Bitonio

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Can't blame the Rams for trying. Bitonio is a very good LG.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Maybe this was already posted. But I just stumbled over this.
It was but unless people went into that thread they wouldn't have seen it. It'll ease some peoples minds to know we shot for a higher target than Corbett, even though I like him.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
I bet he's glad we sent him to a playoff team. No one wants to be sent to Cleveland. He probably would have took it as disrespect.

TexasRam

Legend
Cant blame them for trying.

It's like when you ask the super hot girl out when you were in middle school and she laughs, says "Oh my God", and walks away laughing harder.

oldnotdead

Legend
Peters is a much better fit for the Raven system. There he can play zone the way he likes. We all saw today why Wade wants to play tight man to man coverage. Ryan was forced to hold the ball making him a target. On the flip side Peters got a pick 6 playing the Ravens style of zone.

When Wade plays zone he expects the DB's to play tight coverage within the zone then hand him off if he leaves it. The Ravens prefer their DB's to jump the routes if the DB reads the pass is coming their way. That is how Peters prefers to play.

Peters was a good teammate here with no issues or distractions. He was a solid citizen off the field as well. I wish him well and we will be seeing him in a few weeks when the Rams play the Ravens.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah can't blame the Rams for trying even though the idea of it is laughable. But it does make the Browns look a little bush league to let information behind their discussion out. Not cool, at least I'd be wary of dealing with them in the future if I'm Les and that is true.

I mean you would think GMs agree that they can talk between each other without seeing the content of their discussion paraded around in the media.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I agree @Merlin. Only good reason I could see to break confidence would be to flex to Bitonio that "hey, you know how much we want you? Rams offered us Marcus Peters and we turned them down, flat."

Actually, come to think of it, the Browns may have been the team that wanted Peters to take a pay cut and the Rams refused and found a partner in the Ravens.

Which would backfire on them if the real story was, "yeah, we'll send you one of our best if not best OL, but Peters needs to take a pay cut."

I doubt we ever learn the truth, but wouldn't surprise me if that was the case...