Rams final 53 man roster (*for now)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
It's just plain wrong! to see BeetleJuice on a roster without one, preferably two backups. Paging Sean McVay and Les Snead: please review your Horns' OL injury history immediately . . . and I mean immediately, damn it!!!
You think we need to remind McVay & Kromer here??? I mean its not like this OL is 8 Bruce Willis's in Unbreakable.

No need to bring up the yrs of injuries on the two reconstructed shoulders of Rodger Saffold & a completely torn pec that caused several IR ending seasons. Then Jamon Brown has broken his leg & his hand in his first 2 seasons with one IR trip early. The there's John Sullivan who had back to back back surgeries has only played in 1 regular season gm since 2014. Rob Havenstein just fished up a dismal nagging ongoing injury filled 2016 season & should have been placed on the IR before the season began. Darrell Williams was on the injured reserve 2015 & 2016 seasons. Then there's Andrew Donnal who has been unhealthy since the second half of 2016 season with a hip injury then surgery then a knee injury has not been seen in uni thus far in TC or pre season. That's 6 of our 8 OL'ers. So happy our 35 yr old Andrew Whitworth, & will turn 36 yrs old before this season concludes is the healthiest of the entire OL cadre.

Did someone get into the recent Ram OL injury history information data & delete it? :huh:

jap

Legend
You think we need to remind McVay & Kromer here??? I mean its not like this OL is 8 Bruce Willis's in Unbreakable.

No need to bring up the yrs of injuries on the two reconstructed shoulders of Rodger Saffold & a completely torn pec that caused several IR ending seasons. Then Jamon Brown has broken his leg & his hand in his first 2 seasons with one IR trip early. The there's John Sullivan who had back to back back surgeries has only played in 1 regular season gm since 2014. Rob Havenstein just fished up a dismal nagging ongoing injury filled 2016 season & should have been placed on the IR before the season began. Darrell Williams was on the injured reserve 2015 & 2016 seasons. Then there's Andrew Donnal who has been unhealthy since the second half of 2016 season with a hip injury then surgery then a knee injury has not been seen in uni thus far in TC or pre season. That's 6 of our 8 OL'ers. So happy our 35 yr old Andrew Whitworth, & will turn 36 yrs old before this season concludes is the healthiest of the entire OL cadre.

Did someone get into the recent Ram OL injury history information data & delete it? :huh:

I am sure Todd and Jared will most emphatically let the coaching brass know all about the OL history & needs, if it came to that .

I'm kidding around as usual, of course. However, it just looked so wrong! to see BeetleJuice with no backups listed behind him. I mean, has his biological parts all been replaced by bionic substitutes or something?

Ram65

Legend
So of the 53 man roster I count 31 that were here last year, 10 rookies, 3 we traded for and 9 free agents. That math right? I've had an issue with it today :)

Sounds good. Too much math for me.;)

Take out the 3 special teamers that's 28 players last year to 22 new players for a 44% turnover. Much better talent on the starting offense and better depth on the defense.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/02/rams-may-bring-back-orlovsky-after-week-one/

Rams may bring back Orlovsky after Week One

Posted by Mike Florio on September 2, 2017, 9:54 PM EDT
830909180-e1504403601342.jpg

Getty Images
The Rams have cut quarterback Dan Orlovsky, leaving the team with two for now. Coach Sean McVay told reporters on Saturday that the Rams could bring Orlovsky back after Week One.

“Dan’s definitely a possible guy that we’ll bring back on this roster, so by no means does that mean that we couldn’t see him Week Two,” McVay said. “I think very highly of Dan. I’ve heard a lot of great things about Dan from other people in the coaching world that have been with him and he certainly lived up to that reputation. He’s definitely a guy that could be a possibility for us to bring back in Week Two.”

Week Two becomes relevant to Orlovsky because players with four or more years of service can collect their full salary as termination pay if on the Week One roster and thereafter released. And it sounds like McVay wants him back.

“The value that Dan had for those guys especially being aware of how young Jared [Goff] and Sean [Mannion] both are, I thought Dan was a great example of kind of providing a mentorship role for them,” McVay said. “Being around some great players and then him having the experience that he’s had. I thought he was really helpful to those guys.”

They’ll have to get past the Colts without Orlovsky, before he can return. Maybe the Colts should sign Orlovsky, given the current quality of the depth chart there

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

LMAO Bonifay -- I knew it would be you

--Every year you go there with Roger Saffold.

-- To your defense, I was last at The Rams scrimmage against Chargers when Saffold went down holding his knee in a fetal position. I instantly thought of you, & said to my,just when I started to trust him(Saffold) again.

The Big 5 is what I've been calling them .

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
How does bringing Orlovsky back make the Rams better? Bring back Jordan or Harkey if you want to make the Rams better.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Whos is on the Practice Squad?

I'm guessing Wichmann, Jordan, Rogers and Eldecamp end up there.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

I would hope those four would be available. Rams can sign up to 4 veterans to our PS. LG/RG Cody Wichmann has 2 full yrs of experience & of the 10 PS players he would be 4 that could be signed if desired with that much experience. OC/LG/RG rookie UDFA Jake Eldrenkamp is an easy excellent PS signing after he clears waivers. In 2017 seasons covers basically the entire rookie classes of 2015 & 2016, both drafted & undrafted players, regardless of how many NFL games they played.

Not really sure Cody Wichmann is what Kromer desires in the future but would be a nice sign for now. Jake Eldrenkamp is more to Kromer's liking , me thinks. I would like to see DE Casey Sayles, LB'er Josh Forrest, Cassanova McKinzy & DL'er O.Bryant.
LMAO Bonifay -- I knew it would be you--Every year you go there with Roger Saffold.-- To your defense, I was last at The Rams scrimmage against Chargers when Saffold went down holding his knee in a fetal position. I instantly thought of you, & said to my,just when I started to trust him(Saffold) again.
The Big 5 is what I've been calling them .

Which OL'er would you have started the paragraph on if your point was "History of Ram OL injuries"? I could not have begun it with any other you need to start with the star don't you?

Last edited:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

Disagree on Rogers just not a position I would keep on the practice squad. Watching him in preseason, I saw nothing and on top of that, McVay's offense is more TE focused so they tried a FB and Rogers did nothing well besides being the first guy out of the locker room.