Rams fans see the huge improvement

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
the Rams are now good enough that when a good player leaves (FA's) or is injured, you can tell the difference. a few years back, it just didnt matter. the next step is being good enough where players waiting in the wings can step in and make you not notice any difference.

Like Ohio State.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Most NFL "gurus" don't think the rams have made any progress under coach Fisher and everyone wants him fired. Last game I jumped on some of the forums here and most of the guys were so negative and that was only the first half ! Watching this team is honestly night and day from 2 years ago and even last year, this team was known for giving up the big play especially at the end of the game. I cringed last week when Winston had the ball at the end of the game because I was used to seeing us give up game ending TD's. Not so fast !, they played it great and kept the receivers in front of them. This D is for real ! they have always had talent but now they show good discipline and Janoris being gone helps that.

Great post. And I agree, we are better off without a "shut down" corner that costs us one or more games a year.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I miss Janoris
Our offense is sketchy at best
- signed Replicant

image.jpeg

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
It's not being reactionary after 4 years of losing football, to hold the HC accountable. I wanna win as badly as anyone and if Jeff Fisher is leading them, then that's fine. If we don't have a winning record this year, he needs to be fired.

Reactionary is calling our coaching staff garbage and inept. I'm not saying you have done so but I have seen so many posts like that. Hey that garbage has us in first place and winning record at the moment. I want to win and it is time but I'm letting the season play out before I call out on all this 'garbage' everyone is talking about.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
Two wins in a row, and it seems people are ready to accept a Fisher extension. It just goes to show how long it's been since the team has had any real success, and how some fans don't remember what real success is.

And it's laughable to associate the Fisher-coached Rams and the word 'discipline'. The team still averages ten penalties a game...

I'm happy we're 2-1 and at the top of the division. Realistically speaking, we were very close to being 0-3. If, and this is a huge if, we have a winning record come December then I might start to believe we've turned a corner.

And realistically we were close to being 10-6 last year.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Reactionary is calling our coaching staff garbage and inept. I'm not saying you have done so but I have seen so many posts like that. Hey that garbage has us in first place and winning record at the moment. I want to win and it is time but I'm letting the season play out before I call out on all this 'garbage' everyone is talking about.
Fisher has been given more time than almost any losing HC in recent memory, People are upset that some HC's turn around a franchise in a year, and last year was his fourth. I give more weight to the idea that our level of talent when Spags was fired, was that of an expansion team. I think I am right in saying, that everyone in Fisher's first season that were cut, never played in the NFL again.

After three years, however, it was his and Les Snead's baby. Either, they adopted/resigned the very few Spags players that were left, or he drafted/signed FA's that filled out the 53. Year Four should have been the year, and we couldn't even get 8 wins. Yes, there are always reasons why things aren't working, but now in year 5, I just don't care to hear them anymore. No more excuses, just farking win, or die.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
Fisher has been given more time than almost any losing HC in recent memory, People are upset that some HC's turn around a franchise in a year, and last year was his fourth. I give more weight to the idea that our level of talent when Spags was fired, was that of an expansion team. I think I am right in saying, that everyone in Fisher's first season that were cut, never played in the NFL again.

After three years, however, it was his and Les Snead's baby. Either, they adopted/resigned the very few Spags players that were left, or he drafted/signed FA's that filled out the 53. Year Four should have been the year, and we couldn't even get 8 wins. Yes, there are always reasons why things aren't working, but now in year 5, I just don't care to hear them anymore. No more excuses, just farking win, or die.

The biggest mistake they have done IMO is bringing in Foles. Other than that 2 of Fishers years were cut short by injuries to the starting QB. Most teams would flounder under such circumstances especially when the roster was still being rebuilt. I think we can all agree that the QB position has been one of, if not, the most weakest positions on the team. We knew it, the coaching staff knew it, everyone knew it.

Enter Jared Goff. He will be the key to Fishers future with the team. If he sees it through remains to be seen. He's putting his job on the line for not playing him. I can respect that. Not many coaches would do that. They would fall under the pressures of the fans and media and play a rookie that's not ready.

Fisher and co are not perfect but I have seen the roster they have built and it is a very talented one. You don't develop good players if you're an average to below average coach.

Goff needs to work his ass off and push Keemun for that starting job. Once he does the offense will open up. Cmon Jared Goff!

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Most NFL "gurus" don't think the rams have made any progress under coach Fisher and everyone wants him fired. Last game I jumped on some of the forums here and most of the guys were so negative and that was only the first half ! Watching this team is honestly night and day from 2 years ago and even last year, this team was known for giving up the big play especially at the end of the game. I cringed last week when Winston had the ball at the end of the game because I was used to seeing us give up game ending TD's. Not so fast !, they played it great and kept the receivers in front of them. This D is for real ! they have always had talent but now they show good discipline and Janoris being gone helps that.

I have to disagree that they played it great and kept the receivers in front of them...They were beaten badly deep and only a shoestring tackle saved them...They probably still lose if the Bucs didn't mangle clock management so badly...But agreed they DIDN'T lose so all the negative stuff doesn't matter...You can't get away with that all year long though...Don't misunderstand, I'm thrilled to death with the effort and the O showing last week...More of the same this week against AZ in their house would be like an early Christmas present...Then we could stick a lump of coal up Arians' ass as a way to say thank you !!!

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Areas where I see HUGE improvement? :thinking: From what period of time to now? Are we talking from late last season to now? I see only two that might fall into this discerption.
MLB- JL to Ogletree.
RDE- Eugene Sims to Rob Quinn.

Areas of HUGE deterioration would be IMO:
CB- Janoris Jenkins to Coty Sensabaugh.
FS- Rodney McLeod to Mo Alexander.

So where is the huge improvement in total once again?:cautious: