Rams fans see the huge improvement

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Most NFL "gurus" don't think the rams have made any progress under coach Fisher and everyone wants him fired. Last game I jumped on some of the forums here and most of the guys were so negative and that was only the first half ! Watching this team is honestly night and day from 2 years ago and even last year, this team was known for giving up the big play especially at the end of the game. I cringed last week when Winston had the ball at the end of the game because I was used to seeing us give up game ending TD's. Not so fast !, they played it great and kept the receivers in front of them. This D is for real ! they have always had talent but now they show good discipline and Janoris being gone helps that.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
but now they show good discipline and Janoris being gone helps that.

I applaud your enthusiasm and as long as the arrow continues to point upward all of us would prefer winning over losing, however, I would still take Janoris Jenkins back with his "so called." bad discipline and all.
giphy.gif

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Nonsense! This coaching staff is garbage and inept! Fire them all!
Right On!!! Fire the entire Staff! For that matter scrap the entire Team and Start over fresh!! We could be as good as Cleveland!!(y)

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nonsense! This coaching staff is garbage and inept! Fire them all!

Your right, our previous staffs were so much better! These coaches are pretty good at evaluating talent and that's huge for me, this team was built from the bottom with in house guys that were drafted by the rams.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
I applaud your enthusiasm and as long as the arrow continues to point upward all of us would prefer winning over losing, however, I would still take Janoris Jenkins back with his "so called." bad discipline and all.
giphy.gif

I think tru and Gaines will be just as good as Tru and Jenkins from last season, Jenkins made a lot of nice plays but he also cost us a lot by giving up deep balls at the wrong time. Not to mention he's not worth 60 million.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's not being reactionary after 4 years of losing football, to hold the HC accountable. I wanna win as badly as anyone and if Jeff Fisher is leading them, then that's fine. If we don't have a winning record this year, he needs to be fired.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
It's not being reactionary after 4 years of losing football, to hold the HC accountable. I wanna win as badly as anyone and if Jeff Fisher is leading them, then that's fine. If we don't have a winning record this year, he needs to be fired.

I agree with that statement, 4 years is quite a while but they have made big changes. almost no one is left from that team 4 years ago and I think we have one of the most talented young teams in the league, that's due to Fisher and Snead. I think if the team gets a good offensive coordinator with REAL NFL EXPERIENCE , this team can be very dangerous for years to come.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I'm a real fan and I can tell you that while we have improved in some areas they have maintained the same pathetic offense. Honestly I think the offense has gotten worst. That's incredible since we have Gurley.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I agree with that statement, 4 years is quite a while but they have made big changes. almost no one is left from that team 4 years ago and I think we have one of the most talented young teams in the league, that's due to Fisher and Snead. I think if the team gets a good offensive coordinator with REAL NFL EXPERIENCE , this team can be very dangerous for years to come.

But fisher is in charge of the coaching staff. He has had years to find an offensive coordinator and yet here we are. We were abysmal offensively last year and here we are trotting out the same offense.

I agree this team is much more talented than we had been. I think they are so talented that they can win on any weekend. But I also think the coaching staff is average at its very best. I'd like to see what they could do if they had above average coaching.

But I am hoping to be eating these words. Nothing would make me happier than to see Fisher roll off a title then two then three and have everyone constantly bump my posts where I was calling for his job.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I'm a real fan and I can tell you that while we have improved in some areas they have maintained the same pathetic offense. Honestly I think the offense has gotten worst. That's incredible since we have Gurley.

This.

@Adi I don't think your wording is appropriate. 'Real fan's suggests that some of us aren't. I have backed Fisher all the way up to his team laying an egg in San Francisco to start the season. After 4 years that shouldn't happen. The offense looks worse than it was last year, again that shouldn't happen. It doesn't make you any more Real than I am just because you have a different take on reality. You choose to focus on the improved D and I keep wondering why the O has gotten worse. I still put my 40 years of fandom up against yours.

We need a repeating history and have higher ups force a real OC on the head coach for this team to take the next step.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I think tru and Gaines will be just as good as Tru and Jenkins from last season, Jenkins made a lot of nice plays but he also cost us a lot by giving up deep balls at the wrong time. Not to mention he's not worth 60 million.

Last season I felt Jenkins limited big plays and he has been outstanding for the Giants thus far and 60 million is the going rate for a shut down corner and while I agree that Gaines showed ability in his rookie season to this point the only thing the Rams have been able to rely on with E.J. Gaines is his unreliability.

Antonius

Pro Bowler
Two wins in a row, and it seems people are ready to accept a Fisher extension. It just goes to show how long it's been since the team has had any real success, and how some fans don't remember what real success is.

And it's laughable to associate the Fisher-coached Rams and the word 'discipline'. The team still averages ten penalties a game...

I'm happy we're 2-1 and at the top of the division. Realistically speaking, we were very close to being 0-3. If, and this is a huge if, we have a winning record come December then I might start to believe we've turned a corner.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Not so fast !, they played it great and kept the receivers in front of them. This D is for real ! they have always had talent but now they show good discipline and Janoris being gone helps that.
Ehh, it was a good win, but you can't tell me that the 40+ yard drive to set them up in the red zone was a great defensive showing. There was some piss poor clock management that really benefited the Rams in the last 20 seconds or so.
Happy to have a big win and a division leading team, but there's room for improvement on both sides of the ball. That's pretty exciting for me though, because the arrow is still pointing up.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

That may be true, but Fish has had more than 4 years to find that real offensive coordinator. Most of the team inherited from Spags was gone after 2-3 years. If Fisher fails again this year to lead this team to a winning record, changes need to happen, and that starts at the top.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
This.

@Adi I don't think your wording is appropriate. 'Real fan's suggests that some of us aren't. I have backed Fisher all the way up to his team laying an egg in San Francisco to start the season. After 4 years that shouldn't happen. The offense looks worse than it was last year, again that shouldn't happen. It doesn't make you any more Real than I am just because you have a different take on reality. You choose to focus on the improved D and I keep wondering why the O has gotten worse. I still put my 40 years of fandom up against yours.

We need a repeating history and have higher ups force a real OC on the head coach for this team to take the next step.
Wish I could like this 100 times. Agree 100% with you.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Jenkins was shutting down people last year. Has been mostly doing the same last year. I'd love him back. He was worth what NYG paid him if he keeps it up.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
the Rams are now good enough that when a good player leaves (FA's) or is injured, you can tell the difference. a few years back, it just didnt matter. the next step is being good enough where players waiting in the wings can step in and make you not notice any difference.