Rams facilities shut down by league due to COVID

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Oh, boy... maybe time to shut this thread down.
I get enough of this nonsense in the real world, don't need to have it seep in here.
Would appreciate if we talked about the impacts of the situation on the team, but, please, can we avoid the COVID talk, otherwise?

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
The fans in the stands? They probably do a temperature check; that's what happened with MLB and NHL.

The fans in the bars by the stadiums don't count; they're not in the stadium participating in the game or in the crowds.

What wouldn't be good is a player/coach infecting an immuno-deficient player/coach or a player/coach at high risk (diabetes, cancer survivor, etc.) and having them die.

I hate that Covid has become a part of our lives as well, we have to consider well-being first and foremost. Players and coaches are people too.
Nah bro. You're absolutely wrong about that. Been to SoFi twice and they only asked if I was vaxed didn't even ask to see it. No one is wearing a mask and I promise you a decent amount of people have the virus while at the game and they don't even know it. Let's not turn this into an argument, let's just agree this whole thing has been blown out of proportion and at the rate we're going this will not go away. For reasons I care not to discuss

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Unfortunately those who go against the political recommendations are crucified by the media.
Agreed. What we're seeing now is why political parties and associated shitbags need to stay the fuck away from medical decision making. The government (both parties) doesn't need to be all in this shit fumbling around fucking things up and making life harder for citizens and business owners.

It's been out of control for some time now tbh. And there is no end in sight. Maybe pro sports players can help turn the tide of public opinion though and get people to wake up. Or so I hope.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Nah bro. You're absolutely wrong about that. Been to SoFi twice and they only asked if I was vaxed didn't even ask to see it. No one is wearing a mask and I promise you a decent amount of people have the virus while at the game and they don't even know it. Let's not turn this into an argument, let's just agree this whole thing has been blown out of proportion and at the rate we're going this will not go away. For reason I care not to discuss

Understood. I'm speaking from experience with MLB and NHL; they expect mask-wearing, temperature checks, and all. I didn't want to put this into a huge argument; I'm just saying why this rule exists.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Oh, boy... maybe time to shut this thread down.
I get enough of this nonsense in the real world, don't need to have it seep in here.
Would appreciate if we talked about the impacts of the situation on the team, but, please, can we avoid the COVID talk, otherwise?
I agree, but it's hard to talk about impacts of the team when the reason it's impacted is pretty absurd.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Unfortunately those who go against the political recommendations are crucified by the media.
I don't want to get this thread locked though. Probably said too much but both sides of the political scene just need to get the fuck out of it. Both Democrats and Republicans. It's all driven now by populist stupidity instead of medicine.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Understood. I'm speaking from experience with MLB and NHL; they expect mask-wearing, temperature checks, and all. I didn't want to put this into a huge argument; I'm just saying why this rule exists.
Well I've been to a dodgers game. Same thing, and no one in the stadium is masked up. Even if vaxed you can still spread it. So it really doesn't even make sense.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Yeah man. But if I'm hearing this correctly by Thursday if these guys test negative twice they clear protocol. Lets hope they all get back before Saturday
Agreed. We'll see tho. But I expect the entire NFL to be impacted by this in the next two weeks. They might just shut it down for a week or two. We'll see

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Well I've been to a dodgers game. Same thing, and no one in the stadium is masked up. Even if vaxed you can still spread it. So it really doesn't even make sense.

Parents went to a Cardinals game and brother went to a Blues game. Mask-wearing and temperature checks were there.

Again, I don't want to get into an argument.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
I can't say too much due to the rules here, but this is getting ridiculous, and the NFL really needs to do something to change up its Covid protocols because it is going to damage the product on the field. I don' t know of a single player that has died of Covid, and I'm not sure if any has even been hospitalized, and now we learn that Odell played a pretty good game last night, with Covid, and with everybody obviously unaware he had it.
Won’t happen - not until Mr coddled NFL wonderful himself Tom Brady gets it. Then you will immediately see the league install brand new (less restrictive) CV rules.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
I don't want to get this thread locked though. Probably said too much but both sides of the political scene just need to get the fuck out of it. Both Democrats and Republicans. It's all driven now by populist stupidity instead of medicine.
Unfortunately the NFL's response to positive players is all optics. It's not science based. Until we, the people, are all on the same page, this bs will continue.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Parents went to a Cardinals game and brother went to a Blues game. Mask-wearing and temperature checks were there.

Again, I don't want to get into an argument.
Yeah If I'm not mistaken it's county based guidelines they're supposed to follow. But a lot of these teams don't even do that. Don't blame them either.
Here's the kicker too. LA county anything bigger than a 1000 people at a gathering it's required they mask up. Have you seen more than a couple people at SoFi that's masked up while watching the game? I haven't. Not that I was counting but I maybe saw a handful of people wearing. Even when on tv they don't hide it.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
It didn’t affect me much either.
I would tend to think many cases at this point are mild, certainly more mild than on average a year ago.

My in-laws both recently had it. The conventional wisdom would have said they both should have been in ICU on their death-beds due to age, vax status and co-morbidities.

They both felt miserable for two weeks but were never hospitalized, took their Vitamin C, Zinc and Vitamin D (per the ER doc) and have recovered. My mother-in-law still has some issues with stamina but otherwise they're both fine.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
Nah bro. You're absolutely wrong about that. Been to SoFi twice and they only asked if I was vaxed didn't even ask to see it. No one is wearing a mask and I promise you a decent amount of people have the virus while at the game and they don't even know it. Let's not turn this into an argument, let's just agree this whole thing has been blown out of proportion and at the rate we're going this will not go away. For reasons I care not to discuss
My wife and I went to a concert at Footprint Arena (was America West Arena thirty years ago) over the summer. They wanted you masked coming in and didn't give a crap about the rest. Place was packed and more were unmasked than not.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Lets keep the talk on The Rams.

This is a big deal to the team, so lets keep the conversation there. I understand thats a tricky line to walk with this news hitting the team directly, but everyone knows what to do. Keep the conversation politically clean.

Poppinfresh

Rookie

I'm an epidemiologist and virologist (they aren't the same things). A real, live one who has made his money off the study of patterns and causes of diseases up to and including this one and coming up with/executing plans to mitigate damage as a result of them. It is absolutely maddening that I - and most others in my field - have to sit back and quietly watch as talking haircuts, career politicians, and random software engineers at social media companies dictate what the messaging on this is going to be and how it runs basically exactly opposite to what people who have devoted their careers to this would say were we not muzzled.

But that's all I'll say on that. What I will say specific to the NFL, however, is that their policy on this is completely nonsensical. They've created a caste system by which jabbed and unjabbed players and personnel have different standards for when they can return, when the data has proven (and all the data we have so far on Omi bolsters this) there is no functional difference between the level of contagiousness the 2 groups represent as it pertains to others. Further, if it's this latest variant which, though the data is incomplete it is strongly leaning towards this conclusion, has a significantly higher level of infectivity but a significantly lower rate of mortality (true of 99.9% of all viruses, as their goal is to survive, so as they adapt they increase contagion and infection but as a trade-off become less dangerous), the current jabs which are based upon a dead strain are going to be less than 40% effective against it. This variant is going to tear through locker rooms one-by-one.

And there's nothing wrong with that because these people will be fine, you should just keep certain personnel out during what should amount to a modern day chicken pox party.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Is there a CFL or USFL team we can raid and have them play for us Sunday? It’s heading that way. Gonna be like the 1987 scab games

bluecoconuts

Legend
Hopefully it doesn't end up biting us in the ass, shitty that it's coming through the team, but better now than the playoffs. Seems to be hitting the league hard the last week or so.