Rams extend Big Rob Havenstein

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Woohoo! Just need the terms now.

It's a lot easier to find guards than decent tackles.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thats good, I think? Does this mean that Brown is the odd man out? Hav is only an adequate RT, and really can't play anywhere else....Does this mean that he has improved and is less susceptible to a speed rusher? Hope so..

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Rams Agree to Terms With Rob Havenstein on Four-Year Extension
The Rams have agreed to terms with right tackle Rob Havenstein on a four-year extension, keeping him under contract with the club through the 2022 season.

Originally a second-round pick in the 2015 NFL Draft, Havenstein has been a mainstay of the Rams’ offensive line since he arrived at that spring’s rookie minicamp. He’s started each of the 43 games he’s played since entering the league.

bt7wzvkm0zfznoizkzom.jpg

On draft night, general manager Les Snead declared, “With big Rob, he’s ready to play.” And Havenstein proved Snead right by starting at right tackle fin the Week 1 victory over the Seahawks. Havenstein played in 13 games his rookie year — missing three due to injury — and was a significant factor in running back Todd Gurley earning AP Offensive Rookie of the Year. The Wisconsin product was named to the PFWA All-Rookie team for his 2015 performance.

Havenstein continued on as Los Angeles’ starting right tackle in each of the last two seasons, starting 15 games each year. He again helped pave the way for Gurley’s strong season in 2017, as the running back was named AP Offensive Player of the year after recording 1,305 yards rushing with 13 rushing touchdowns as well as 19 total touchdowns and 2,093 yards from scrimmage.

Entering his fourth professional season, Havenstein was slated to be a free agent next March. Now he’s become the second member of the Rams 2015 draft class to receive a long-term extension in the last 30 days, following Gurley. Havenstein is one of five members of that draft class still with the club, including Gurley, right guard Jamon Brown, backup quarterback Sean Mannion, and inside linebacker Bryce Hager. The club also brought on running back Malcolm Brown, outside linebacker Matt Longacre, and offensive lineman Darrell Williams as undrafted free agents that spring.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Awesome!! Now to re-sign AD and Jamon Brown (I still have a lot of faith in him.)

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Signing all the right guys. If AD doesn't come to his senses then we need to start playing hardball with him. I didn't want to turn this into an AD thread but it seems like that's where all the focus is. I would love to see Suh and AD play side by side but it seems pride is getting the best of AD.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
AD for sure but Brown is the week link on the line imo.

It's hard not to be a weak link when you have three All-Pro caliber players on the left side and one of the best right tackles in the league on the right. I look at it this way: Jamon has improved a ton since his rookie year, and even with his suspension, I'd take him. If anything, it'll make his contract less expensive. And it'll hurt a lot less if Saffold goes to another team in free agency, gets injured, or shows signs of aging.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
Wonder what the guaranteed money is? I’ll be interested to see the contract details.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Im sure one of the rook's can play RG next season and let Brown walk "unless" we get him at a really cheap deal

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And I'm guessing that by signing him early, the Rams got a bit of a discount compared to trying to sign him after the season. There's risk, but there was risk for Havenstein if he waited. Now unless he is really unlucky or foolish, he should be set for life.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Sweetness. With how Noteboom has looked and getting to redshirt, we seem set at the tackle spots for the next 4 years even when Whitworth is done. Great move.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Very interesting move and looks like a very reasonable price they signed him at for a young and somewhat proven RT who's (knock on wood) stayed healthy so far.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

this fills me with such joy. i was worried about the oline from next season and beyond. this is one less position the rams need to worry about. a young, competent tackle is a luxury for a team because there are so many bad ones starting in the league.

now we have to hope noteboom is good enough to take over from whit.