Rams exercise fifth-year option on Aaron Donald

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Dude is gonna shatter the record for the highest paid D player in history and he deserves every penny.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Dude is gonna shatter the record for the highest paid D player in history and he deserves every penny.
I really don't care if he makes more than a franchise QB...cuz he's our franchise HOF DT!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/12/rams-exercise-aaron-donalds-2018-option/

Rams exercise Aaron Donald’s 2018 option
Posted by Josh Alper on April 12, 2017

631484896-e1492000764789.jpg
Getty Images

During the Scouting Combine, Rams General Manager Les Snead said that a contract extension for defensive tackle Aaron Donald is “definitely coming” but nothing’s been agreed to at this point.

Given their desire to get a long-term deal done, there’s no reason for the Rams to run even the slightest risk of losing Donald to another team after the 2017 season. That makes it little surprise to see multiple reports that the team has exercised their 2018 option on Donald’s rookie deal.

Donald would stand to make around $6.9 million next season if he plays out the year under the terms of the option. Exercising it buys the Rams plenty of time to work out a longer and much more lucrative extension of Donald’s time with the team that drafted him with the 13th overall pick of the 2014 draft.

The big question for the two sides to figure out will be just how lucrative that deal will wind up being while others around the league will be watching to see if Donald supplants Von Miller as the league’s best-paid defensive player.

jap

Legend
Aaron the Terrible, Aaron the Invincible. I can't believe I haven't nailed down a worthy nickname for this Horn yet. His given name "Aaron Donald" is way too tame for such an explosive athlete.

A55VA6

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah that boy Darren Arnold is pretty special, i reckon.

Bruce2980

Starter
Aaron the Terrible, Aaron the Invincible. I can't believe I haven't nailed down a worthy nickname for this Horn yet. His given name "Aaron Donald" is way too tame for such an explosive athlete.
Maybe for now, but in time his name will be synonymous with excellence etc.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
The Rams should take a page from Scientology and draw up a billion year contract for Donald.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
AD is going to have a monster of a season. Grievous amounts of tackles for loss and sacks. Destruction and mayhem in this defensive scheme.

Locking him up now would be a good idea.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
This might be the only news today that's LESS surpising than passing on Robinson's 5th year option..

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
What about 'The Don'

I can see him down in his stance talking in a Italian accent.
"Yeah I was told you were disrespecting my teammates. That would be something, you do not want to do"

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
Got a throwback Donald jersey for Christmas. I don't buy jersey anymore unless they were all time greats with the Rams. If we somehow don't pay him and he leaves I will be pissed af! Sign your HOF DT Aaron MF Donald Rams!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
AD is going to have a monster of a season. Grievous amounts of tackles for loss and sacks. Destruction and mayhem in this defensive scheme.

Locking him up now would be a good idea.
I would say 20 Mil a year for 5 years with 80 Mil Guaranteed will probably do it! IF THEY GET IT DONE BEFORE THIS YEAR IS OVER!!(y);):D